GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cringed when she so easily took the broom. Thinking it might have been the same broom that was lying on the bed upstairs.

She had no reaction to being given the broom, like "this is the broom that I left up on the bed". At the time I saw her given that, I thought law enforcement perhaps gave her a similar broom to see her reaction, which she had none.

I fathom to think, that during her court date on the second, that Patrick, knowing that he is , will give some type of information on her which will invalidate her deal.

I know it will be private as it should, but on the 5th, I would love to be a fly on the wall. For Baby K custody hearing. I would hope that Ma and sister just crawl into a hole and don't even show for such.
I also thought once that PF had something on KK, but I'm no longer convinced of that. If he did, his trial would have been the time for his defence to dig into it, and they had virtually nothing to attack KK with. The fact they appear to have had nothing on her, perplexes me. If he didn't have something on KK that could destroy her life (which she has essentially done anyway), and he could hold "over her head," what was her motive to participate? She says fear. My question then is, at what point did she begin to fear him? Someone telling me "little girls disappear from the playground all the time," wouldn't scare me, UNLESS, I knew he had done something hideous in the past. Did SHE know something? If not, why did she feel threatened, or was that just another lie to justify the unjustifiable? I would imagine though, that after she saw the crime scene, she would be scared to death. But no, she cleans it up and then helps him dispose of KB in a bonfire.

It's sad that we didn't see video of KK at the WP police dept., sniffling and ticking away, before she destroyed so much of the evidence. Even more sad and incomprehensible is, she didn't go to LE before KB was brutally murdered :( It appears her words and actions don't add up because "truth was never part of the equation." I doubt we'll ever fully understand that very sick woman.

I, like you, sincerely hope that SF1 and EF cease and desist from seeking custody of little K and crawl back under the rocks from which they came. JMHO

o.m.g. I was watching her when she pointed out the wall spatter and thought I saw her shrug her shoulders and draw her chin down in the gagging motion a few times; then I caught another film of KK pointing out stuff elsewhere in the home and I TOTALLY SEE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING. She's sniffing. One of the country's lead politicians has that tick. I'd never seen it before; KK's got a super exaggerated version. Do you think she was doing that during the testimony and people were being polite and not mentioning it? Or do you think she was super stressed that day in the condo and it was coming out as that sniffing? GOOD CATCH WARWICK!!!!

I saw her head tick, moving forward, more so in the video of when she was at Patrick's property.

As many have said, it feels so insensitive to release these videos on the one year anniversary of KB’s death. I agree. But at the same time, as has been mentioned, the family was probably aware of the release of the videos. I watched a few...then chose not to watch anymore. But what I did see, gave me an even greater sense of the horrific events that happened in that condo. We’ve all had a picture in our mind as we’ve heard things play out over the past year, but now we can actually put those visions into place. And with that it brings justice to Kelsey and her family to another level....

Prayers to Kelsey... “off we go, into the wild blue yonder” (Air Force song)
To me it would have been better a day earlier, and then yesterday to celebrate KB. But for whatever reason it wasn't done that way. I'm glad it was all released and the ceremony done so that KB's spirit can move on in peace starting today....that her family can move forward as best they can starting today with lil K.
It is unusual to have everything all wrapped up within a year..let alone almost exactly. KB is still gone but they have lil K.
It is still so super sad, but at least there is a certain completeness with the year end time frame.
smh

Last edited:
While I was on a Hiatus from posting on the thread yesterday, I did go back and look at the very first thread. I had forgotten that not only her aunt had posted (self identified and verified at WS), but also her uncle around the 15th of December.

And in my post yesterday, I neglected to send my shout out of love for them (I didn't even recall uncle posting) and at their strength and love to reach out to us and any media to get Kelsey story out! (While Patrick avoided his name or photograph in any media, publicity as to his missing daughter, the golden red flag for a missing child as to their involvement in my opinion)

They absolutely positively helped do such, and I hope that is a reminder to everyone to post everywhere on social media that you can find if your loved one is missing. And her family they did,
To just referring everything back to law enforcement and just quote law enforcement as they did.

Her family pushed and pushed and pushed and did the exact correct things to get it to be National coverage, supporting all the while to get law enforcement outside of the small-town involved.

Without her family pushing and pushing and being involved, the results here would not be where we are now.

May all of the adults in her family that pushed this in all ways to get to where we are, bless you all!

Agreed.

The DA is not insensitive to the significance of the 22nd.

I think the release of evidence on the 1-year anniversary of her death is a way of affirming that the wheels of justice have come full circle, like the revolution of the earth around the sun.

It's a form of closure, in a way.

Like a memorial service...only different.

I think both are important.

So, I'm remembering KB today, and I'm also remembering why she's gone.

"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."

JMO.
Totally agree right here. You said it so much better than when I tried.

SO I think someone may have already mentioned...because we usually all pick up on the same tings...but to me it looked like KK was trying to not gag and barf on the video several times.
Well.. EXCUSE ME...I'm calling total BS on that..and you all know what I'm going to say....
SONIC.
did she gag when she was cleaning massive blood spatter off the walls??..putting BLOODY baby toys in a bag??..peeling bloody aluminum foil off of food??...wiping up a massive pool of blood off of the floor??
Nope.
SHE WAS HUNGRY.
gross...so fake
Deal with the Devil incarnate.

Insidious,and I though the movie was scary. I don't believe for one second she was afraid of PF.
MOO
Personally, I think she went all through that house. To see what her competition had and how she lived. And maybe she was a little horrified with all of the blood..not sure. But I also think she was glad KB was gone.

I also thought once that PF had something on KK, but I'm no longer convinced of that. If he did, his trial would have been the time for his defence to dig into it, and they had virtually nothing to attack KK with. The fact they appear to have had nothing on her, perplexes me. If he didn't have something on KK that could destroy her life (which she has essentially done anyway), and he could hold "over her head," what was her motive to participate? She says fear. My question then is, at what point did she begin to fear him? Someone telling me "little girls disappear from the playground all the time," wouldn't scare me, UNLESS, I knew he had done something hideous in the past. Did SHE know something? If not, why did she feel threatened, or was that just another lie to justify the unjustifiable? I would imagine though, that after she saw the crime scene, she would be scared to death. But no, she cleans it up and then helps him dispose of KB in a bonfire.

It's sad that we didn't see video of KK at the WP police dept., sniffling and ticking away, before she destroyed so much of the evidence. Even more sad and incomprehensible is, she didn't go to LE before KB was brutally murdered :( It appears her words and actions don't add up because "truth was never part of the equation." I doubt we'll ever fully understand that very sick woman.

I, like you, sincerely hope that SF1 and EF cease and desist from seeking custody of little K and crawl back under the rocks from which they came. JMHO
I think it was more her obsession for him that made her go along with it in the beginning. She apparently had never let go of those feelings of love she had for him when they were young.

She had just gone through a divorce and was probably vulnerable and insecure. At that age her prospects likely weren't looking too good.

PF may have been interested in the beauty queen she was before, but I doubt he had much interest in the hefty, washed out, older version of KK with three kids.

She probably feared he wouldn't find her attractive anymore.

When they reconnected it probably rekindled those feelings she had when they first fell in love. Maybe it gave her renewed confidence and hope.

For someone to agree to something like what PF wanted her to do I would think a person would have to be desperate and starved for emotion.
Maybe she thought she would win back his affection if she pleased him.

I don't think she really felt scared or threatened until after she covered up after the murder and watched him burn the body. Maybe that's why she told her friend she had never seen that kind of evil before.

At that point I really do believe she would have been scared for her life and her children's lives.

Imo

So looking at the burn site, do we think PF removed the larger bones and the skull before he had the ranchboys clean it all up? I've toured my pet clinic's crematorium and the 1700 degree machine leaves large pieces of hollowed out long bones, the pelvis and scapula, along with skulls that have to be put thru a large grinder before they're put into the wooden cremains containers we deliver to clients. We had to choose the "grind" we wanted, the crematorium guy pointing out that we don't want the grind too fine or people will think it's just cat litter; so we chose a more coarse grind that does not resemble cat litter.

I know PF warned the boys of "antler remains", so that would explain the long bone shards, but surely PF had to remove her skull and other identifiable pieces prior to the boys' clean up. Right? So did PF just put KB's skull into the bottom of the "container" that had the burn remnants? And hope the ranchhands didn't look inside?

Denver7 News on Twitter
We've now compiled all our Patrick Frazee trial coverage in one place and will be airing a special on the case and trial on streaming devices starting on the half-hours Saturday evening beginning at 5:30 p.m. #KelseyBerreth
Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial
9:53 AM - 23 Nov 2019

Extremely detailed review of the trial - day by day. Wow!

NOV 22 updated NOV 23, 2019
Inside the Patrick Frazee Trial

DAY 1
Prosecutor calls Patrick Frazee 'calculated manipulator,' but defense says 'facts don't make sense'
DAY 2
Family, police describe suspicions after Kelsey Berreth’s disappearance

DAY 3
Defense questions timeline, lack of black tote in surveillance photos

DAY 4
Krystal Kenney recounts cleanup of Kelsey Berreth murder scene

DAY 5
Defense questions why Kenney never alerted anyone to murder plot

DAY 6
‘I figured out a way to kill her,' friend testifies Frazee told him

DAY 7
Patrick Frazee's friend testified he said Berreth was 'never coming back'

DAY 8
Berreth's coworkers describe her as quiet, sweet, loving to her newborn

DAY 9
CBI agent says he doesn't know where investigation would be without Kenney's testimony

Clark said he was also given surveillance footage and photos from all the relevant Woodland Park and Florissant homes and business, including the Safeway, Ent Credit Union, Walmart, Williams Furniture, Conoco and Berreth’s neighbor’s surveillance.

He used all this information to compile multiple timelines, which he printed on big white boards for the trial. The timelines show the communication between multiple cell phones and Frazee’s landline in Florissant between Nov. 22 and Dec. 4, 2018. It mirrored what Slater had said in his previous testimony Thursday, but with more details filled in.

He started with the timeline from Nov. 22:

-12:22-12:31 a.m.: Frazee’s and Berreth’s cell phones signaled together west of Cripple Creek.
-1:18 a.m., 1:19 a.m., 1:20 p.m.: Berreth’s phone called Frazee’s phone. He didn’t answer the first two, but answered the third. All phones pinged off the Florissant tower.
-1:29 a.m.: Berreth’s phone called Frazee’s phone and it connected for 20 seconds. Her phone was in Divide and his was in Florissant.
-1:35 a.m.: Frazee’s landline called Kenney’s cell phone. It went to voicemail.
-1:42 a.m.: Berreth’s phone called Frazee’s cell. The call lasted four minutes. Berreth was in Woodland Park and Frazee was still in Florissant.
-3:33 p.m. and 3:34 p.m.: Berreth tried to call Frazee and then he tried to call her. Both phones are in Florissant.
-3:37 a.m. until 3:53 a.m.: Frazee’s cell and Berreth’s cell send multiple text messages back and forth.
-9:03 a.m.: Berreth’s phone called Cheryl Berreth (Kelsey Berreth’s mother) for about six minutes. Her phone was in Woodland Park.
-9:25 a.m.: Berreth’s phone texted Frazee’s cell asking to go eat. Around this same time, Cheryl Berreth called Kelsey Berreth’s phone and they talked for about six minutes
-9:37 a.m.: Berreth’s phone sent Frazee a text asking him to call her when he woke up
-9:40 a.m.: Frazee’s phone called Berreth’s phone. His phone was in Florissant and her phone was in Woodland Park
-12:24 p.m.: Commercial surveillance captured Berreth and Kaylee at the Woodland Park Safeway
-12:30 p.m.: Williams Furniture showed Frazee’s truck traveling north toward Berreth’s home
-12:31 p.m.: Frazee called Berreth’s phone. Both were in Woodland Park
-12:31 p.m.: Berreth’s red Chevy traveled north toward her home, as seen on the Williams Furniture camera
-12:33 p.m.: Berreth called Frazee
-12:38 p.m.: Frazee’s truck drove south away from Berreth’s home
-12:41 p.m.: Berreth texted Frazee saying she bought the sweet potatoes
-12:44-12:50 p.m.: Frazee was spotted in his truck at the Woodland Park Ent
-12:52 p.m.: Frazee and Kaylee were seen at the Walmart
-1:19 p.m.: Frazee’s truck drove north toward Berreth’s home, as seen on the Williams Furniture surveillance
-1:24 p.m.: Frazee, Berreth and Kaylee were seen at Berreth’s front door, as seen on her neighbor’s outdoor cameras
-4:20-4:32 p.m.: A camera captured Frazee at Berreth’s door
-4:24 p.m.: Frazee’s landline called Sheila. His phone was in Woodland Park
-4:34 p.m.: Frazee’s red pickup truck drove south toward Highway 24
-4:37 p.m.: Frazee called Kenney. Frazee’s phone was still in Woodland Park. It went to voicemail
-4:39 p.m.: Frazee texted Kenney to wish her a happy Thanksgiving and asked her to call him when she can.
-4:43 p.m.: Kenney’s cell called Frazee and they talked for about two minutes, 21 seconds. Her phone was in Idaho. His phone was just west of Divide.
-4:50 p.m.: Frazee called Kenney and they talked for four more minutes. His cell phone had moved to the east side of Florissant. Within seconds, Berreth’s phone signaled in the same place.
-5:32 p.m.: Berreth’s phone sent an iMessage to Cheryl Berreth about going shooting that day because Frazee was letting her keep her gun. Prosecutors said they believe Frazee sent this text to Cheryl.
-8:29 p.m.: Frazee’s landline called Kenney, who was still in Idaho. They talked for 47 minutes
-9:32 p.m.: Frazee’s landline called Kenney’s phone again and it was sent to voicemail
-9:25 p.m.: Kenney’s phone texted Frazee’s cell saying happy Thanksgiving
-10:03-10:58 p.m.: Frazee’s and Berreth’s phones appear to be traveling together
-11:11 p.m.: Frazee’s phone signaled in Florissant
-11:30 p.m.: Frazee’s landline called Kenney and they talked for 51 minutes

Clark then went on to show text message exchanges from Nov. 23. His infographic in court included the following highlights:

-Frazee’s and Berreth’s cell phones exchanged text messages in the morning. Both phones were using the same tower and sector in Florissant
-Frazee called Kenney, who was still in Idaho, in the morning as well
-Frazee’s and Berreth’s phones continued to ping together west of Cripple Creek, then west of Cañon City, then west of Cripple Creek again, then northwest of Beulah Valley, then both west of Cripple Creek
-Around 3:15 p.m., Frazee’s cell and Berreth’s cell texted back and forth about Berreth shopping
-At 7:14 p.m., Frazee’s landline called Kenney’s phone and they connected for 36 minutes
-They connected again at 9:41 p.m. for 23 minutes. Kenney’s phone was pinging in Utah
-10:20 p.m.: Frazee’s landline called Kenney’s phone and they talked for four minutes. Her phone was in Salt Lake City
-11:06 p.m.: Frazee’s landline called Kenney’s cell and they talked for 33 minutes. Kenney was on her way into Colorado at this point, Clark said.

DAY 10
Ex-inmate says Frazee asked him to kill witnesses, including Kenney

DAY 11
Did Patrick Frazee murder Kelsey Berreth? Jury deliberating following closing arguments

THE VERDICT
Jury finds Patrick Frazee guilty of murdering fiancée Kelsey Berreth last Thanksgiving

Last edited:
I think it was more her obsession for him that made her go along with it in the beginning. She apparently had never let go of those feelings of love she had for him when they were young.

She had just gone through a divorce and was probably vulnerable and insecure. At that age her prospects likely weren't looking too good.

PF may have been interested in the beauty queen she was before, but I doubt he had much interest in the hefty, washed out, older version of KK with three kids.

She probably feared he wouldn't find her attractive anymore.

When they reconnected it probably rekindled those feelings she had when they first fell in love. Maybe it gave her renewed confidence and hope.

For someone to agree to something like what PF wanted her to do I would think a person would have to be desperate and starved for emotion.
Maybe she thought she would win back his affection if she pleased him.

I don't think she really felt scared or threatened until after she covered up after the murder and watched him burn the body. Maybe that's why she told her friend she had never seen that kind of evil before.

At that point I really do believe she would have been scared for her life and her children's lives.

Imo
I wonder what it was that she helped clean up before,but didn't go into detail. I hope that gets looked into further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member