GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad she got the 3 yrs! Just got caught up, I left home at 11 am EST to take my sick grand daughter to the doctor (she has the flu :() We got home at 3:30, all this breaking news! Lots to catch up on. KK is no longer a blonde, and her pink shoes are adorable.....o_O KK makes me sick. Continued prayers for the Berreth family. I've been raising my grand daughter since she was almost 1 she's soon to be 13, it's a challenge but I love her dearly as I know the Berreth's love Baby K.

Article updated:
Judge sentences Krystal Kenney to 3 years in prison
[...]

At a news conference that followed, 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May described how emotional he was about the case and the judge's decision.

"This is probably the most emotional case I have ever been involved in. Today certainly was no different," he said. "I have to say, as I am standing here in front of you now, I'm still feeling some of the emotions. This is just a horrible tragedy. It never had to happen. Such a nice person (Berreth) and such a nice family. It's one of the toughest cases I've ever dealt with."

[...]

Kenney will have to pay felony court costs, restitution and any surcharges should the court order her to do so as part of her plea agreement, which was unsealed Tuesday after the sentencing hearing. ...

Also included in the plea deal she signed was the following stipulation: “I agree that my plea will be final. Only the judge will have the power to reject this agreement later. Once I plead guilty in court, I will not be allowed change my mind."

[...]

Kenney was also in the video, describing how she loved her career as a nurse and helping people. She said she knows the pain she has gone through since the crime is nothing compared to what Berreth or her family went through. She said she sees things all the time that remind her of the young Woodland Park mother.

“My punishment comes every day,” she said in the video.

[...]

After the video, three women came up to speak on Kenney’s behalf.

Suzanne Wilson of Hansen, Idaho said she’s known Kenney for many years and frequently asked for her help teaching kids how to ride horses and rodeo. ...

[...]

A friend and counselor of Kenney’s walked up in front of court next and said that she has been working with Kenney in a clinical therapy setting, with Kenney as her patient. She said Kenney shows signs of anxiety, PTSD and depression, and is now fearful, hesitant and isolated. Kenney cries over Berreth and her family every night.

[...]

Sheana Bingham, who was featured in the earlier video, was also in court and described Kenney as an amazing parent, dedicated nurse and leader in her work environment.

She said Kenney has paid the price for her actions over and over again.

[...]

Then, on Dec. 22, 2018, which was the same day as Doss Aviation’s holiday party, Frazee was arrested and the Woodland Park Police Department held a press conference. Paulhamus said the staff watched it online in Berreth’s office space.

The hope they had carried for weeks was gone when the police chief said he no longer believed Berreth was alive.

“Our sister was dead. It was crushing,” Paulhamus said.

He told Judge Sells that he wants justice for Berreth, who is the real victim in this case.

[...]

Just prior to the sentencing, DA Dan May stood in front of Judge Sells and said the state acknowledged that Kenney testified truthfully in the Frazee trial, that she is remorseful for her actions and inactions, and that her friends and family all had positive things to say about her.

But they weren’t in court to sentence her based on the way she grew up or her background, May said.

[...]

Sells leaned forward in his chair and, in an abbreviated way, listed out Kenney’s involvement in the case...

“You made an ongoing multi-day effort to tamper with evidence that spanned hours and hours and hundreds of miles,” he said.

Saying she was sorry wasn’t enough, he said, and she deserved the maximum sentence.

[...]

Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young agreed that the three-year sentence was “inadequate” but was pleased that Judge Sells handed down the maximum sentence.

[...]

He said police are no longer searching for Berreth's remains, though they still hope to find them.

[...]

The case has taken a toll on him and all involved, he said to end the news conference, visibly holding back tears.

“I’ve gotten enough emotions as I think I can take today. It was tough on those jurors too, I know that. It was a highly-charged, emotional case for anybody in the courtroom,” May said, adding that he didn’t believe anyone understood the depravity of the murder until experts testified at Frazee’s trial.

[...]

He could face additional charges in connection to the letters he had written in prison to another inmate, asking him to kill a list of people connected to his case. That was turned over to the 18th Judicial District.

"We got a special prosecutor because I’m one of the named people in there," May said. "So, we felt that, obviously there would be a conflict of interest if my office reviewed whether charges should be filed."

[...]

Last edited:
I remember that and I also remember KK saying something about thinking Kelsey was nice and that she no longer believed PF's claims that Kelsey was an unfit and abusive mother.
Imo
Yes, and also the time she spent a day at the franchette making a meal and tidying up and all he did was criticize her. My question to her would be, why, OH WHY, didn't you realize he was "meaner than second skimmings" (SF too) and do something in an attempt to save a beautiful young mother?? It's not really a question because we all know why, don't we? She was so very jealous of KB, she really didn't care that he wanted her dead, because she did too. Her mind was as sick and twisted as his. She feels sorry because she got caught, nothing more. She feels a fool, because she is! She was nothing to him. Must be a bit embarrassing knowing what he did behind HER back and then adding her to his "hit" list. Had she done it, she'd be behind bars for 156 years and he'd be laughing at her. She's so much more than a fool though. We can usually ignore a fool, but never such a self absorbed, vindictive, vile creature, no matter how she would like others to see her as a victim/survivor. :eek:(I've used that emoji a lot today :)
All JMHO.

#KelseyBerreth's parents submitted a letter to be read in court today. In part, it read that #KrystalKenney shouldn't have received a plea deal since she was heavily involved in the murder.

“The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat,” the letter read.

Just before #KrystalKenney was sentenced, Judge Sells leaned forward in his chair and said, “You made an ongoing, multi-day effort to tamper with evidence that spanned hours and hours and hundreds of miles."

Full story: bit.ly/2RAmf1r #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter

Utterly sickening. If Dan May is disappointed why did he make that deal with the devil. From most on this forum the digit evidence was huge. I still believe they could have proved him guilty without her. To think she was solicited 3 times. Went 3 times to do the deed and she will probably spend a total of 275 days is disgusting to me.
He felt it was necessary, and I’m glad he did it.

They would have had an incredibly tough time proving the underlying crime was murder.

Hell, during the trial there were people here actually saying the case wasn’t strong enough, and that was with KK.

She gave them the how, why, when, and where. She gave them the barn, the burn site, and the tooth (in the fire pit).

And still those things weren’t enough for some. She turned a questionable case into a slam dunk.

ETA: I do wish her deal was for more time, and that does really annoy me.

Last edited:
#KelseyBerreth's parents submitted a letter to be read in court today. In part, it read that #KrystalKenney shouldn't have received a plea deal since she was heavily involved in the murder.

“The only thing she didn’t do is swing the bat,” the letter read.

Just before #KrystalKenney was sentenced, Judge Sells leaned forward in his chair and said, “You made an ongoing, multi-day effort to tamper with evidence that spanned hours and hours and hundreds of miles."

Full story: bit.ly/2RAmf1r #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
It's a tough one. I agree with the Berreth's on one level and yet I do fear that if the deal had not been made, LE would still be struggling to make a case strong enough to send PF away for life. The deal sucks, royally. It pains me to know KK will be out in half the time. All her crying now does not change the facts of what she did and did not do. I only wish they could have charged her with something that would carry a longer sentence. If her friends and counsellor think she is suffering everyday, what do they think the Berreth's are going through? They did nothing wrong. They raised a loving, kind, successful young woman and mother that deserved to live. All KK's whining now is of little value. Her opportunity to do the right thing is long gone. She made a choice, the wrong one. To do whatever she had to do to keep her man :eek: Darn, there's that emoji again! To think she thought probation was a good enough sentence makes me physically ill. If she has nightmares, so be it. No doubt KB's family have them too, and they don't deserve to. :(

Krystal's friends are fools too. They call her helpful. My God who could know about a murder and not DO something. She could have saved a life.... I'm sorry but if someone close to me kills someone, don't tell me because you are going down. This woman does not value life and that can't be fixed in an adult woman. I would bet money that she still loves him. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if she writes him.

He felt it was necessary, and I’m glad he did it.

They would have had an incredibly tough time proving the underlying crime was murder.

Hell, during the trial there were people here actually saying the case wasn’t strong enough, and that was with KK.

She gave them the how, why, when, and where. She gave them the barn, the burn site, and the tooth (in the fire pit).

And still those things weren’t enough for some. She turned a questionable case into a slam dunk.

ETA: I do wish her deal was for more time, and that does really annoy me.

Agreed. I remember shouting on here last year -No deal! Do good old fashion police work!

You made a good point to me then & now again.

Agreed. I remember shouting on here last year -No deal! Do good old fashion police work!

You made a good point to me then & now again.
Ha! I mean, you can’t have it both ways.

You can’t say I wish there was no deal, because they could have made the case without her, and then turn around and say that the case is weak with her.

Which is exactly what happened.

The jury believed her because the evidence fit what she said. Evidence that for the most part, wouldn’t exist without her cooperation.

Over the years, I've done a lot of reading about various personality disorders. Anyone ever heard of the "Macdonald triad"? "Traits" seen in young people (children) who tend to become psychopaths. The Macdonald Triad consists of fire-setting, bed wetting and cruelty to animals. And it's not just fire starting, bedwetting and animal cruelty...it's done with intent; i.e. more than just bed wetting, they intentionally wet on furniture, other kids or adults...they often begin with hurting stuffed animals and move on to bugs, then larger animals. They initially show a fascination with fire, and flames and are not easily distracted, then move on to actually setting fires.

Am bringing this up because I am curious about PF's early childhood. Anyone know if this triad may have applied to him?

I was happy to see that KK got the max instead of the 18 month minimum it was feared she might get. Since the person who did swing the bat is incarcerated for life, due to her information, I can live with this outcome. Worse people than KK have gotten off with no time for cooperation. imo

Patrick Frazee mistress Krystal Lee sentenced
“Incredibly to me, you stopped at a local fast food place to get dinner for yourself, Mr. Frazee and Kailee,” Sells said.

I sincerely hope that she is haunted by KB for the rest of her misérable pathetic life. Next time, maybe she wont stop for Juji Fruits (or Sonic food) before or AFTER helping kill someone. smh moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member