GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th Judicial DA on Twitter
'I am sorry that I did not save Kelsey,' Patrick Frazee mistress Krystal Lee says when sentenced
'I am sorry that I did not save Kelsey,' Patrick Frazee mistress Krystal Lee says when sentenced via @csgazette
3:48 PM - 28 Jan 2020
Too little, much too late. If she cared at all about saving a life, she would have acted after the first solicitation. Gone to police and wore a wire. PF would be in jail for a while and KB would be alive enjoying her little girl and she would have been a hero of sorts.

I truly hope she embraces genuine remorse before her time is up. Today was just an attempt to avoid the consequences of her deeds. JMO

Too little, much too late. If she cared at all about saving a life, she would have acted after the first solicitation. Gone to police and wore a wire. PF would be in jail for a while and KB would be alive enjoying her little girl and she would have been a hero of sorts.

I truly hope she embraces genuine remorse before her time is up. Today was just an attempt to avoid the consequences of her deeds. JMO
Absolutely. I just thought it was cool that the 4th Judicial DA tweeted that article! :cool: MOO

JAN 28, 2020
Teller County District judge gives Krystal Jean Lee maximum sentence under plea agreement

5e30be0f93198.image.jpg
5e3078af804e5.image.jpg

[...]

The charge normally carries up to 18 months in prison. Kenney also was eligible for probation. She had been rejected for community corrections because of a “poor attitude,” according to comments in court.

[...]

In a letter read by a prosecutor, Berreth’s parents, Cheryl and Darrell Berreth, said her cooperation with prosecutors was “no excuse” for a lighter sentence.

“Her excuses are invalid,” their letter said. “She chose to cover up the murder, only speaking up to help herself.

[...]

“She spent hours and hours cleaning, and then she continued to clean,” said May, who grew tearful as he lobbied for the maximum. “She got a substantial deal already.”

May said it was Lee’s idea to use Berreth’s phone to make it look like she had left Colorado. Lee also lied to the FBI when they initially asked her what she knew of the crime, May said.

[...]

Teller county jail says she was released at 5:15 pm. Does that mean she is on her way to Denver jail.
Listed her as a male mistakenly.

edited: says she was booked at 5:15, but her name is under the released last 48 hours

Last edited:

Just got done watching (and rewatching) Dan May's post-sentencing presser twice over.

As per usual, DA May was brilliant, and his remarks were as compelling and eloquent as ever.

What impresses me even more than his intellect is his integrity.

Love how he teed off on the Colorado legislature starting @ around the 9:17 mark:

"Our legislature any more does not give truth to sentencing."
"What we're finding is that it's not unusual anymore for someone to serve maybe 25% of their time on a crime, no matter what it is."
"We do not have truth in sentencing."
"The sentence you hear in the courtroom ought to be...the sentence the person receives in their case."
"It's gotten to where it's just ridiculous that the public isn't being told the truth, and our legislature needs to change that."
"It's an absolute Colorado thing."

Dan May would make a phenomenal judge.

JMO.

Last edited:
Teller county jail says she was released at 5:15 pm. Does that mean she is on her way to Denver jail.
Listed her as a male mistakenly.

edited: says she was booked at 5:15, but her name is under the released last 48 hours
Wow, that's awfully quick for her to be booked in and already released for transport to the reception center if that's what has transpired. I can't imagine where else she would be other than that, though. They're not messing around when it comes to this creature apparently! :D MOO

Name KRYSTAL LEE KENNEY
Booking #1
Booking Date 1/28/2020 5:15:14 PM
Primary Offense Tampering with physical evidence
Arresting Agency Teller County Sheriffs Office
Schedule Release Date N/A
Birthdate 4/4/1986
Age 33
Sex Male
Height 5ft 6in
Weight 180lbs
Race Other
Hair Blonde (Above Shoulder)
Eyes Blue
Glasses No
Charge Information
Description
Charge Type Bond Amount Fine Amount
Tampering with physical evidence Felony $0.00 $0.00

Tiger Roster | Inmate Info

Wow, that's awfully quick for her to be booked in and already released for transport to the reception center if that's what has transpired. I can't imagine where else she would be other than that, though. They're not messing around when it comes to this creature apparently! :D MOO

Name KRYSTAL LEE KENNEY
Booking #1
Booking Date 1/28/2020 5:15:14 PM
Primary Offense Tampering with physical evidence
Arresting Agency Teller County Sheriffs Office
Schedule Release Date N/A
Birthdate 4/4/1986
Age 33
Sex Male
Height 5ft 6in
Weight 180lbs
Race Other
Hair Blonde (Above Shoulder)
Eyes Blue
Glasses No
Charge Information
Description
Charge Type Bond Amount Fine Amount
Tampering with physical evidence Felony $0.00 $0.00

Tiger Roster | Inmate Info

Haaaa….did they really list KK's sex as "Male?"

And, one more thing we can take some small measure of silent satisfaction in:
ALL of her demographic info has now been made public for the entire world to see.

I am 100% certain that she absolutely HATES that fact.

For that simple reason alone, I love it.

JMO.

Last edited:
Haaaa….did they really list KK's sex as "Male?"

And, one thing we can all silently rejoice about: ALL of her demographic info has been published for the whole, wide world to see.

I am 100% certain that she absolutely HATES that fact.

For that reason, I love it.

JMO.
Yep, still not corrected. She's a he according to Teller Co. Detention Center. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
immsbhaven