GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick Sallinger on Twitter

"I want my daughter to know I did not kill her mother." Patrick Frazee in letter from prison. #kelseyberreth

First: She's not your daughter any more, PF.

Second: Kelsey's parents will watch pigs fly over frozen ponds in Hell before they show her daughter that letter.

Third: You're a moron. Put the paper towels away, already.

You're wasting your useless breath.

JMO.
Preach it sister! ITA :D

A Change of Mind?
Patrick Frazee Writes CBS4 From Prison: 'I Didn't Do It' April 6, 2020 CROWLEY COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) – The man sentenced to life in prison for a murder case that got national attention is speaking out. In a letter written to CBS4’s Rick Sallinger, Patrick Frazee says he wants a voice. Frazee says his attorneys told him not to speak to the media. He has been a man of no words. He did not testify at his trial or speak at his sentencing... now appealing his life plus 156 year sentence....
@Seattle1 bbm sbm
No, not really a change in mind. N
ow PF wants a voice, as long as there are no hard questions, you know, like the kind the prosecutor could have asked him at trial. jmo

His Daughter or Not?
Rick Sallinger on Twitter "I want my daughter to know I did not kill her mother." Patrick Frazee in letter from prison. #kelseyberreth ______ First: She's not your daughter any more, PF...
@GordianKnot bbm sbm I have not followed this thread post-trial and could have missed something. Also sorry if I'm splitting hairs.
Per link below, IIRC, no procedure to terminate his parental rights has been initiated, so she is still, technically, his daughter.
Under some circumstances,e.g., verdict/sentence reversed on appeal or post-conviction relief, as crazy as that sounds, or who knows what else, PF could regain custody. Hoping that would never ever ever ever happen and that Kelsey's parents have long, healthy lives, so that adorable child remains in their custody. jmo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ap. 4, "... The Teller County District Court once again ruled on Thursday that Patrick Frazee and Kelsey Berreth's 1-year-old daughter will stay in the custody of the child's maternal grandparents...

"On Dec. 21, 2018, Teller County court granted a temporary emergency custody order that put Frazee and Berreth’s daughter in the care of Berreth’s parents. While the child’s grandparents would retain this temporary physical custody, Teller County Department of Human Services kept legal custody of the child..." bbm sbm
^ Court rules that Frazee, Berreth's daughter will stay in custody of maternal grandparents

Actually, I wondered if CBS may have been the reporter that passed him some $$$ initially. In the first snippet, there's almost an attempt to explain something and PF cites that his attorney did not want him to talk. In the second snippet - he's asking him (reporter) to write back!

He begins:

I am writing to follow-up with you....responded during the trial....You have to understand...attorneys had me convinced.....
Like all of you, I can imagine why his attorneys would not want that Neanderthal to open his mouth! OTOH, wouldn’t it be fun for all of us?? :p:D

A Change of Mind?
@Seattle1 bbm sbm
No, not really a change in mind. N
ow PF wants a voice, as long as there are no hard questions, you know, like the kind the prosecutor could have asked him at trial. jmo
There’d be NO voice, unless they allowed his mother in to transcribe, as no one would be able to decipher his grunts otherwise!! :confused:

His Daughter or Not?
@GordianKnot bbm sbm I have not followed this thread post-trial and could have missed something. Also sorry if I'm splitting hairs.
Per link below, IIRC, no procedure to terminate his parental rights has been initiated, so she is still, technically, his daughter.
Under some circumstances,e.g., verdict/sentence reversed on appeal or post-conviction relief, as crazy as that sounds, or who knows what else, PF could regain custody. Hoping that would never ever ever ever happen and that Kelsey's parents have long, healthy lives, so that adorable child remains in their custody. jmo
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ap. 4, "... The Teller County District Court once again ruled on Thursday that Patrick Frazee and Kelsey Berreth's 1-year-old daughter will stay in the custody of the child's maternal grandparents...

"On Dec. 21, 2018, Teller County court granted a temporary emergency custody order that put Frazee and Berreth’s daughter in the care of Berreth’s parents. While the child’s grandparents would retain this temporary physical custody, Teller County Department of Human Services kept legal custody of the child..." bbm sbm
^ Court rules that Frazee, Berreth's daughter will stay in custody of maternal grandparents

The court process continues with a scheduled Termination of Parental Rights Hearing for Jan. 31 at 8:30 in the morning in Teller County.

While the court does not comment on minor/custody issues, I think this link should bring you current. If not already terminated -- it should be close.

Frazee family continues custody battle for child of Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee after conviction

Judge sets parental right termination hearing for Patrick Frazee

In Colorado, judges have the power to evaluate whether a person is fit to be the parent to their child. They consider several factors, like the best interest of the child, clear evidence of violence or abuse toward the child, and if the parent takes substantial responsibility for the child.

Last edited:
Parental Rights Termination, Pending
The court process continues with a scheduled Termination of Parental Rights Hearing for Jan. 31 at 8:30 in the morning in Teller County.
While the court does not comment on minor/custody issues, I think this link should bring you current. If not already terminated -- it should be close.
Frazee family continues custody battle for child of Kelsey Berreth and Patrick Frazee after conviction
Judge sets parental right termination hearing for Patrick Frazee
In Colorado, judges have the power to evaluate whether a person is fit to be the parent to their child. They consider several factors, like the best interest of the child, clear evidence of violence or abuse toward the child, and if the parent takes substantial responsibility for the child.
@Seattle1 Many thanks for posting this info. My post noted, I had not followed post-trial and could have missed something. And boy I did, I did, I did. My apologies.Very glad to read about it. Thank goodness this is underway. :):):)Again, TYVM.

Parental Rights Termination, Pending
@Seattle1 Many thanks for posting this info. My post noted, I had not followed post-trial and could have missed something. And boy I did, I did, I did. My apologies.Very glad to read about it. Thank goodness this is underway. :):):)Again, TYVM.
Apology not necessary -- you cited you were not current with the case post-trial, and the links supplied were post conviction.

I don't like this one bit.

He's bashing his attorney, so I don't think she put him up to this as a pre-appeal move designed to bolster efforts to get some access to Baby K. If he really wanted to put something out there for Baby K to read later, he doesn't need to do it through a news organization. What - does he think Baby K is watching now? or will be digging up ancient newscasts when she's older? Get real.

I wonder who he thinks let him down: the gf who wouldn't kill KB for him (and take the rap)? The 'father figure' who he asked his gangsta jailmate to murder, along with his partner - the ones who had lots to steal? The police officer brother who wouldn't lie for him? The sister whose lawyer was trying to get 'dirt' on PF from KB? Or the 'gangsta' jailmate he tried to get to commit multiple murders on his behalf?

Or is he starting to like seeing himself on TV? (I think Chris Watts likes seeing himself on TV).

NOW the *** wants to talk. spare me...he can talk to the hand...

Also as someone who has studied handwriting a bit...he did not write this and btw the person who did is not a great person either!
Skyedaze, you can't just leave us hanging like this! What does the handwriting tell you?

Skyedaze, you can't just leave us hanging like this! What does the handwriting tell you?
Well, while we wait on @skyedaze to respond, I'll decipher the post :p This statement was written by someone older (perhaps just a bit older than me judging by the penmanship), "and btw the person who did, is not a great person either!" Answer: SF :D
JMHO :rolleyes:

not generous, blunt, petty, holds a grudge, tactless, harsh, narrow, selfish
Basically the kind of person who puts him or herself and agenda before others, with little to no regard or concern. Lacks empathy and will not hesitate to cut off contact and give another person silent treatment for some petty reason without warning.

not generous, blunt, petty, holds a grudge, tactless, harsh, narrow, selfish
Basically the kind of person who puts him or herself and agenda before others, with little to no regard or concern. Lacks empathy and will not hesitate to cut off contact and give another person silent treatment for some petty reason without warning.
Mama Frazee in a nutshell!
Thanks, skydaze.

I would like to see an interview with Frazee. Part of the letter released hints at a lame defense based on allegedly suspicious male DNA in the condo. Of course, that doesn't explain the movement of the cellphones or the burning of the tote. It would be interesting to hear his attempts to construct a plausible narrative out of the indisputable facts.

If he wants to claim that a mysterious male is responsible and everything KK said was a lie, then perhaps he could explain what was in the tote he burned. If he denies KK's testimony about the fire, ask him why SF didn't come forward to testify in his defense.

The fellow inmate who testified against PF said that PF was initially quiet and reserved but that he really perked up after seeing a TV show about himself. I think he's angling for a Chris Watts-type interview. Probably practices his best 'innocent perplexed cowpoke' look in the mirror.

i just saw a special about this case on 48 hours
i did not follow this case as closely as many of you--
i was not aware of how he murdered her-'-OMG
she trusted him, allowed herself to be blindfolded
and then he obliterated her face and skull with
a baseball bat-horrific---

Krystal Lee certainly got a sweet deal but witbout
her testimony they could not have gotten a guilty
verdict

She was a lovely young woman who fell in
love with a psychopath!

Status