GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #70

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Krystal Lee Kenney being considered for halfway house after serving just 2 months of 3-year sentence

Here is the latest info i found on Google: she is being considered for transfer to a half way house only a couple months into a 3 year sentence---- WOW

Yes, this is latest info I loacated as well. We live in a crazy world for this to be a possibility.... I am trying to say this nicely .... I remain hopeful that she will not be transferred to a halfway house as this would be OUTRAGEOUS in my opinion.

Wow! If she gets released to a half way house, imo it was planned.
I hope I am wrong, I hope she has to stay and serve 3 years.
This news was alleged because of actions by KK's lawyer in response to Gov Polis order to release prisoners after COVID-19

In an email, Kenney's attorney Dru Nielsen said she hoped her client could be accepted into community corrections in part because of the COVID-19 pandemic and its potential impact on prisons. Kenney was also a nurse.

Here is Nielsen's full email to 9NEWS:

My understanding is that Krystal is eligible to be placed into community corrections where she would be supervised and required to try to find employment. In my opinion, Krystal is an optimal candidate for community corrections. Since you were at the sentencing, you heard about her outstanding work ethic from those who know her best. There is a tremendous need in our community right now and I have no doubt that Krystal would be the first to take on any role to help.

Governor Polis issued an order relating to criminal justice matters. That order is designed to curb the potential spread of COVID-19 in prisons which poses a significant threat not only to prisoners and people who work in prisons, but to our entire community. Krystal is not a threat to public safety. Based on the current public health crisis and what Krystal can offer, I hope that she will be accepted into community corrections immediately.

Krystal Lee Kenney being considered for halfway house after serving just 2 months of 3-year sentence

Wow! If she gets released to a half way house, imo it was planned.
I hope I am wrong, I hope she has to stay and serve 3 years.
That's really unlikely IMO. Right after she was sentenced, someone made a post explaining the normal procedure (nothing to do with COVID-19). I think there were three things that happen to reduce the sentence, but
I can only recall two. One was an immediate halving of the sentence, from 3 years to 18 months, possibly conditional on good behavior. Second was that the "release process" starts something like nine months in advance, and possibly includes a move to a lesser intense facility. Which would mean, if I'm correct and not even including whatever 3rd thing I might be forgetting, that she would only serve 9 months at the primary facility, and then maybe another nine months at a more comfortable facility.

anyone else recall this or am I hallucinating?

SO far..I-da-HO is still in jail...

Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 05/16/2021
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Feb 2021
This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 11/16/2022
Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

SO far..I-da-HO is still in jail...

Name: KENNEY, KRYSTAL J
Ethnicity: WHITE
Hair Color: BLONDE
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5' 05"
Weight: 190
DOC Number: 187885
Est. Parole
Eligibility Date: 05/16/2021
Next Parole
Hearing Date: Feb 2021
This offender is scheduled on the Parole Board agenda for the month and year above. Please contact the facility case manager for the exact date.
Est. Mandatory
Release Date: 11/16/2022
Est. Sentence
Discharge Date:
Current Facility
Assignment: DENVER WOMENS CORRECTIONAL FACILITY

i hope she stays in the slammer!

I want to see an interview with PF. I'm hoping to see his Chris Watts moment. When CW saw himself on his neighbor's video footage, we can visibly see that he knows he's been exposed. I want to see PF similarly exposed. That will be his 'legacy' to his child (and any holdout supporters).

He can't deny KK was at the ranch during the fire. If he denies she was there, he would have to explain why SF didn't take the stand to counter KK's testimony.

This news was alleged because of actions by KK's lawyer in response to Gov Polis order to release prisoners after COVID-19

In an email, Kenney's attorney Dru Nielsen said she hoped her client could be accepted into community corrections in part because of the COVID-19 pandemic and its potential impact on prisons. Kenney was also a nurse.

Here is Nielsen's full email to 9NEWS:

My understanding is that Krystal is eligible to be placed into community corrections where she would be supervised and required to try to find employment. In my opinion, Krystal is an optimal candidate for community corrections. Since you were at the sentencing, you heard about her outstanding work ethic from those who know her best. There is a tremendous need in our community right now and I have no doubt that Krystal would be the first to take on any role to help.

Governor Polis issued an order relating to criminal justice matters. That order is designed to curb the potential spread of COVID-19 in prisons which poses a significant threat not only to prisoners and people who work in prisons, but to our entire community. Krystal is not a threat to public safety. Based on the current public health crisis and what Krystal can offer, I hope that she will be accepted into community corrections immediately.

I am just beyond disgusted with this arrangement.

So they're going to send her to a half way house to prevent the spread of the virus, to which would enable her to get a job if she wanted to? So we're going to let this animal out to possibly help in the community.

Can't make this stuff up. You just can't. Unbelievable. Criminals have more rights than the victims do.

So they're going to send her to a half way house to prevent the spread of the virus, to which would enable her to get a job if she wanted to? So we're going to let this animal out to possibly help in the community.

Can't make this stuff up. You just can't. Unbelievable. Criminals have more rights than the victims do.
KK's attorney asked -- but it's not happened yet! I don't think it will. MOO

GRRRRRRRRRRRR, ITA Steels!!!

What the actual hell is Nielson smoking with this little diddie??

"In my opinion, Krystal is an optimal candidate for community corrections. Since you were at the sentencing, you heard about her outstanding work ethic from those who know her best. There is a tremendous need in our community right now and I have no doubt that Krystal would be the first to take on any role to help".

KK had no ETHICS which prevented her from being involved in a cold blooded, brutal murder of an innocent young woman and she surely didn't do anything to HELP Kelsey by warning her oh, maybe one of three times she was solicited to kill her!!! Sorry for the rant, I just will be pissed if she's out so soon. :(

"In my opinion, Krystal is an optimal candidate for community corrections. Since you were at the sentencing, you heard about her outstanding work ethic from those who know her best. There is a tremendous need in our community right now and I have no doubt that Krystal would be the first to take on any role to help".

KK had no ETHICS which prevented her from being involved in a cold blooded, brutal murder of an innocent young woman and she surely didn't do anything to HELP Kelsey by warning her oh, maybe one of three times she was solicited to kill her!!! Sorry for the rant, I just will be pissed if she's out so soon. :(

They have COVID-19 in the jail so let Florence Nightingale suit up and take care of her fellow inmates.

I bet Dan May is jumping in and will let her get out over his dead body!

They can try to see this garbage, but the majority of us won't be buying it. This is so BS. She just got sentenced and now the Queen Nurse from hell might be able to go into a half way house? God help anyone that ends up in the house with her, as well as the staff.

Tonight (Tuesday) on LMN:

Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer
8:00 - 10:00p
Sean Kleier Ashley Williams Judith Verno
(2020)A man fails a lie detector test and confesses to brutally murdering his pregnant wife Shan'ann and their two young daughters.

Tonight (Tuesday) on LMN:

Chris Watts: Confessions of a Killer
8:00 - 10:00p
Sean Kleier Ashley Williams Judith Verno
(2020)A man fails a lie detector test and confesses to brutally murdering his pregnant wife Shan'ann and their two young daughters.
Thanks @BetteDavisEyes but I think you meant to post this in the Watts thread. ;)

:oops: I was looking through several old cases yesterday and probably thought I was on the Watts thread when I noticed that the movie was on last night. Sorry.
I don't think you need to apologize! :) I thought it was intentional that you posted it here since there had been plenty of speculation about PF watching the CW case prior to killing KB, and many posters hoped PF would confess like CW had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ginny715