CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
November 22nd - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)​

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB to her employer
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts - he returned her call
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone​

December 2nd - Sunday
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)​

December 10th - Monday
Press Conference​

Woodland Park Police Department

Last edited:
So much information has not been given to the public. Surely she had some kind of support network of friends and co workers who would have an indication of what her state of mind was, any personal issues, neighbors at her apartment building, etc. The fact that she did not take her car means she went with someone somewhere or was abducted. All the press conference was really about was to share her photo and a few tidbits of information. Was there another love interest in her life? I am surprised that it has taken so long to get this information out. Weeks have gone by. Wonder if they are using dogs to track her scent from her home. IMO

I worked as a flight instructor years ago. It doesn't pay a livable wage unless you fly your butt off, up to 100 flight hours a month (which often means six or seven day work weeks in the busy season, as for every hour in the air there's ground time for which you are not being paid). Trust me, the LAST thing you are going to do on a day off is crawl into an airplane for free and keep someone company while they do their currency flights. I wouldn't have done that for my best friend, nor would she have done it for me. On a day off you get as far away from an airport as possible and enjoy time with your family or just curling up with no airplane noise.
Doss Aviation isn't mainly a private pilot training outfit. Their major customers are the military and the Air Force in particular.

Every U.S. Air Force aviator candidate, be it Pilot, Combat Systems Officer, or Remotely Piloted Aircraft pilot, receives flight instruction, Air Force aviator introduction, and candidate screening at the Pueblo facility in preparation for follow-on flight training at any of the Air Force’s Undergraduate Flight Training (UFT) locations.

Do you think that would change how much Kelsey would be paid or even paid differently - such as being paid for ground time as well? I am certain that the company bills the Air Force (and other government agencies) for every hour whether in the air or not.

While they do private pilot training do you think that such a company pulling in the kind of government money they are pulling in would burn through flight instructors by not paying a livable wage? I would think it would hurt their reputation in terms of attracting instructors which could hurt their main business.

I am interested in your thoughts on this.

In the lab at work so can’t listen to the PC, but is it possible the line is “loves her daughter,” with the second syllable swallowed or dropped? Makes sense in context.
That makes sense. To say "She loves God, so she wouldn't leave" doesn't make sense to me. It is not clear what she is saying due to the stress of getting the words out, but what I hear is "She loves to dodge", which does not make sense either.

Doss Aviation isn't mainly a private pilot training outfit. Their major customers are the military and the Air Force in particular

Do you think that would change how much Kelsey would be paid or even paid differently - such as being paid for ground time as well? I am certain that the company bills the Air Force (and other government agencies) for every hour whether in the air or not.

While they do private pilot training do you think that such a company pulling in the kind of government money they are pulling in would burn through flight instructors by not paying a livable wage? I would think it would hurt their reputation in terms of attracting instructors which could hurt their main business.

I am interested in your thoughts on this.

I am not familiar with Doss aviation personally, but am in the aviation industry and am very familiar with Private Fixed Based Operations and their dealings with the military. More than likely, they are tied only by fuel contracts and ramp parking privileges.

It is unlikely that Kelsey had any dealings with the military side, other than in passing. And no, it wouldn't influence her hourly rate as a flight instructor.

Flight instructors are paid according to industry standards in the area. Unfortunately, flight instruction is an entry-level job as a professional aviator and pays accordingly.

I am not familiar with Doss aviation personally, but am in the aviation industry and am very familiar with Private Fixed Based Operations and their dealings with the military. More than likely, they are tied only by fuel contracts and ramp parking privileges.

It is unlikely that Kelsey had any dealings with the military side, other than in passing. And no, it wouldn't influence her hourly rate as a flight instructor.

Flight instructors are paid according to industry standards in the area. Unfortunately, flight instruction is an entry-level job as a professional aviator and pays accordingly.

Flight Instructor Salary | PayScale

Salary for Flight Instructor | Salary.com

I mean, somebody had to have seen in her neighborhood.

Did I hear that correct that fiance went to her place to pick up their daughter?

What time was that and what time did he leave?
Yes, the fiancé went to her place to pick up the daughter, according to the police. There are false reports out there that she went to his place and that the exchange was at Safeway. Don't know the time, but it would have had to have happened in the afternoon after she left Safeway.

Flight Training | Doss Aviation

This is more than using facilities.

Flight Training | Doss Aviation

This is more than using facilities.
Thanks for the link. It is basically a place for prospective air force aviators to gain private pilot-type flight instruction.

It may influence her salary (she may have been salaried instead of hustling for students herself).

Such little personal information given to the public to aid in locating Kelsey. It's hard because so many people want to help, yet not a lot to go on. I hope this has a good outcome.

In the press conference yesterday, it was stated there was no history of violence between Kelsey and the fiancé, and there was no threat to public safety. This has been discussed in number of posts.

A mother of a one year old girl disappears off the face of the earth. There is significant evidence that she did not leave of her own free will. Her cell phone was used to send an incredibly atypical text from 800 miles away about taking a week off from work. And much more.

This is an incredible threat to public safety by any definition and particularly to women in the Woodland Park area.

The only way this is not a public threat is that the police have identified a solid suspect and they know a motive (not a repeat offender). Very similar to the Hania Aguilar case, where the authorities had the suspect in custody from early in the case, and were simply gathering evidence. They did not give out information and repeatedly asked for speculation and rumors to stop as it was hurtful to the family as well as the investigation. Two important quotes from authorities after the arrest of McLellan. (ABC 11 Eyewitness News report)

"There was sufficient evidence that we could have charged him but there was a hole that needed to be filled and that hole was finding Hania," he said.

"Britt also said they didn't want to release McLellan's name "for the sake of avoiding the prejudicial effect on the subsequent prosecution."

There are so many unanswered questions being asked and it would be interesting to know the answers. But I can wait, and think I am going to back off and let the authorities do the work that I believe will lead to the arrest of the suspect.

November 22nd - Thursday
(Thanksgiving)
KB last seen on video surveillance shopping in Safeway (noon hour)
KB exchanged daughter with PF (fiancé)​

November 25th - Sunday
Text from KB to her employer
KB's mom called PF on KB's whereabouts - he returned her call
KB's phone pinged in Gooding, ID (5:13 pm)
PF received text from KB’s phone​

December 2nd - Sunday
Missing person reported - KB's mom (12:37 pm)​

December 10th - Monday
Press Conference​

Woodland Park Police Department
However the LE update says nothing about the Mom calling PF and he returning her call. How did you know tjat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bridgetraiann