GUILTY CO - Kenia Monge, 19, Denver, 31 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
APNewsBreak: Man named suspect in Colo. teen death
The Associated Press
DENVER—A man reportedly last seen with a woman who disappeared in March after leaving a Denver nightclub has been named a suspect in her death.
Denver District Attorney spokeswoman Lynn Kimbrough says authorities on Thursday were preparing an arrest warrant for 31-year-old Travis Forbes in the death of 19-year-old Kenia Monge.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_18851576

RIP Kenia....She was gone before anyone could do anything. He had chosen his victim as soon as he saw her. :( May this family get the justice they deserve!

I guess this thread should be moved to "Located"? Did LE make it official that Kenia was in fact found, I thought I read that this was confirmed.

It is horrible to think that she would never have been found, without the perp taking LE there. How many other missing people are buried in just such nondescript graves...

I am glad her family can have some closure now since they have located her body. May she RIP. Prayers to her family and friends. Such a pretty girl to have been killed by that monster. May he rot in hell.

Autopsy set for body believed to be Kenia Monge
The Denver County Coroner’s Office is performing an autopsy today on a body believed to missing Aurora teen Kenia Monge.

Denver police found the body Wednesday while in a “possible clandestine grave” near Keenesburg in rural Weld County, according to a statement from the coroner’s office. The Denver coroner took custody of the body from Weld County.

Officials haven’t confirmed that the body is that of 19-year-old Monge, who disappeared from a Denver night club in April.

http://www.aurorasentinel.com/email_push/news/article_4694281a-da3f-11e0-a1ce-001cc4c002e0.html

Oh my word- look how close this is to the freeway!!

333812320-07155757.jpg

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-slideshow-kenia-monge-case-20110907,0,1863845.photogallery

So sad. It's the outcome we knew was probably coming. :( RIP beautiful Kenia. :rose:

May Travis ROT.

Story just updated:

The Denver District Attorney has filed first degree murder charges against Travis Forbes for the death of Kenia Monge, the 19-year-old Aurora woman whose remains were unearthed in a field along Interstate 76 on Wednesday.

“The charge alleges that in the early morning hours of April 1, 2011, Forbes met the victim, convinced her to get into his car, and later killed her,” the DA’s office said in a statement. “Her body was recovered yesterday in an area of south Weld County after new information was developed jointly between the Denver DA’s Office and the Denver Police Department.”

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-forbe...in-kenia-monges-death-20110908,0,114874.story

Kenia Monge had been missing since April 1

KEENESBURG, Colo. -- The search for Kenia Monge appears to be over Thursday.

Human remains located along Interstate 76 in Keenesburg, Colo. on Wednesday are believed to be those of the missing Aurora teenager, the Denver District Attorney’s Office said.

Keenesburg is roughly 40 miles northeast of Denver.

A source says the self-proclaimed "suspect" in her disappearance, Travis Forbes, led investigators to where her remains were located.

http://www.kwgn.com/news/kdvr-body-...-in-eastern-colorado-20110907,0,6518841.story

I just can't help thinking that he was involve with more murders.

If he took them to body did he confess will there still be a trial?

I just can't help thinking that he was involve with more murders.

If he took them to body did he confess will there still be a trial?

Apparently they made a plea deal so he led them to her body. That always worries me. However, I do understand the family wanting closure. :(

I hope they keep him behind bars for a very long time even with whatever deal they made with him. :sigh:

Apparently they made a plea deal so he led them to her body. That always worries me. However, I do understand the family wanting closure. :(

I hope they keep him behind bars for a very long time even with whatever deal they made with him. :sigh:

I believe the deal was for the state NOT to seek the death penalty.

Well he has been charged with First Degree Murder so he will be in jail for a while and not be able to do this again. It is clear the man has some real anger issues. News just said he got into an argument with her and that is why he killed her.

I guess this thread should be moved to "Located"? Did LE make it official that Kenia was in fact found, I thought I read that this was confirmed.

It is horrible to think that she would never have been found, without the perp taking LE there. How many other missing people are buried in just such nondescript graves...

Cluciano I imagine the same. I feel like they may have never found her. She is not in a spot that would be dug up anytime soon.

Sometimes I make believe that there is a land far away that we dont know of that all the missing people live on, safe and sound of course. :(

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Police investigating the disappearance of 19-year-old Kenia Monge searched a computer at Travis Forbes' workplace and found he had visited multiple websites for women who had been reported missing.

Monica Poole, who rented space to Forbes at Deby's Bakery and Cafe in Aurora for his granola-bar business and is a witness in the Monge case, said Forbes often spent the night in her office, scanning the Internet.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18865042

Quote from your article:

Police sources told 9News there are similarities between the murder of Monge and attempted murder of the Fort Collins woman. Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI behavioral profiler, said that suggests there may be more victims that can be linked to him.
"The question for law enforcement is not, 'Is he capable of murder?' but how many people he might have killed," Van Zandt told 9News on Friday.

Quote from your article:

Police sources told 9News there are similarities between the murder of Monge and attempted murder of the Fort Collins woman. Clint Van Zandt, a former FBI behavioral profiler, said that suggests there may be more victims that can be linked to him.
"The question for law enforcement is not, 'Is he capable of murder?' but how many people he might have killed," Van Zandt told 9News on Friday.

I'm wondering what the similarities are. They seem like 2 totally different scenarios. The lady in Ft. Collins...he broke into her apt., sexually attacked her and then set her apt. on fire. Kenia was at a nightclub, ?, killed, and then buried by a freeway.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry
Back