GUILTY CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her parents don't need to address the public. There is nothing they can say that will help them through this and speaking to the public only generates SM nonsense. Let them grieve in their own way and time.

I would probably withdraw from the public scrutiny and could not even try to read or listen to anything coming from MSM. I would be completely broken and couldn't handle even one unkind word.
I support the parents remaining quiet.

Does this state acknowledge common law marriage? And if so, how many months of living together does it take to qualify ? TIA. I ask bc I've seen the accused referred to as "step brother."

Colorado does recognize common law marriage. There is no set amount of time that two people have to live or be together in order to be recognized as married under common law. Yay hippies!

77b2a65138f3f6a5ce9812c847ba384b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi all, way behind here, been busy in the escaped inmates thread, has SA been confirmed or denied? Tia.

SA has not been officially confirmed. <modsnip> LE and MSM have yet to release any official statement regarding any crimes or conditions of the body other than to say the death was not accidental and the body was severely injured/ravaged, (which we discussed earlier that perhaps that means animals had some access. We simply don't know yet what "ravaged" means.)

Good point. I guess the only explanation I can think of is that some people are selectively nice.

Also, some teenagers with raging hormones are pretty nasty (verbally) to their mothers and immediate family members. But are angels around friends and friends parents.

Not saying that AZ killed because of raging hormones just outlining scenarios in general where home life vs. friends environment can cause different attitudes with people.

It's also possible AZ liked/ admired her daughter thus never hurting her but had extreme hatred and resentment against Kiaya thus hurting her.

I raised a narcissistic psychopath with borderline personality tendencies and I will tell you that we had quite a time with the hospitals and insurance company keeping him long enough to get his therapies started. He could maintain a general sense of normalcy for several days at a time but in the end, he always broke. We were able to keep him in one facility for 3 months and that was because we paid out of pocket for 2 of those months. These kids are especially good at concealing their true nature from people who do not live in the home.

I don't know AZ or anyone involved in the case so I am not trying to say that AZ has any of the disorders my son has. I am simply confirming that from my own experiences, it would not be particularly difficult for a teenager to fake his or her way through interactions with people outside the home.

I raised a narcissistic psychopath with borderline personality tendencies and I will tell you that we had quite a time with the hospitals and insurance company keeping him long enough to get his therapies started. He could maintain a general sense of normalcy for several days at a time but in the end, he always broke. We were able to keep him in one facility for 3 months and that was because we paid out of pocket for 2 of those months. These kids are especially good at concealing their true nature from people who do not live in the home.

I don't know AZ or anyone involved in the case so I am not trying to say that AZ has any of the disorders my son has. I am simply confirming that from my own experiences, it would not be particularly difficult for a teenager to fake his or her way through interactions with people outside the home.

I agree with you.

PS - I am sorry to hear about your son. That is so incredibly difficult to deal with. I have a friend who has had to take care of her mentally ill mother her whole life, she's never been able to get anyone to care for her long enough and her mom always ends up on her door step.

The system is broken when it comes to these people.

:greetings::welcome4:

This is so thoughtful and well done. I'm not sure that we know #6 and #7 on the known list for sure. The mother's home was reported to be in Montbello (which is not near Belmont Park) and she has claimed only one son and one daughter. MOO but from research I think if the MSM was correct about a sister reporting, this was an older half sister on Dad's side that acknowledged she was missing... maybe by calling or maybe by visiting girlfriend's house that night.
On #1 on unknown, I do think MSM has reported that the person she left with that night is the person charged, but will find post to confirm.
This is a respectful group that I'm honored to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry to hear about your son. That is so incredibly difficult to deal with.

He's 21 now and no longer lives at home and my husband and I are still in regular contact with him and have spent the last few years repairing our hearts and minds and our relationship. We did the best we could with what we had and although our best was not always good enough, we all managed to survive and now my son is, by most of not all standards, a productive member of society.

I love him with my whole heart and did what I could to train him to behave like a "normal" person but he will never feel empathy or love. That breaks my heart but we will continue trying to help him at least until he's 27, which is when current science says his brain will no longer be able to make the synapse connections needed to be a "whole" person.

Sometimes things just happen, you know? My child was never neglected or abused. He never went hungry or without medical care. He was raised in a loving and supportive home and had extended family who loved and supported him as well. He was never poor or homeless or mistreated. We were never drug addicts or alcoholics. Nothing happened when he was in-utero that might have damaged him. He was born this way for reasons that we will probably won't be privy to, at least not in my lifetime. We were all studied by trailblazers in the field and no one knows why this happened.

I will not judge AZ's parents because I know that some people are simply born with their wires crossed or misplaced. I don't care how many times social services were called out to the house because there's nothing they could have done anyway, just like the numerous times they and LE were called to my house. Much like with domestic abuse restraining orders, there's not much anybody can do until the person commits an actual crime. And not just *any* crime but a *violent* crime. Against a person. And Colorado is also special because the age of consent for psychological treatment in any form is 15.

I honestly don't even care WHY AZ did this. But if those investigators are 100% certain that this child was murdered by this boy, and he alone is responsible for her actual pain and misery in those final moments, and if what LE and MSM have reported regarding the type of death KC experienced is absolutely true, beyond the shadow of a doubt, I hope AZ never again sees the light of day. I don't need him to be put to death. I don't need him to be in solitary. But I need him to be locked up in a tiny cage for the rest of his life.

I personally know the sacrifices that are required to raise a child like this and I know that I was awfully privileged to be able to have those choices to make. Not every mother gets to stay home from work for years. Not every mother can stay at middle or high school with their child to ensure he is where he is supposed to be. Not every mother has the loving support of a spouse who commits to making necessary sacrifices to enable one parent to always be available to handle whatever screwed up thing the child does that day. And not every mother can look her child in the eye when he tells her he is going to kill her and stare back at him without flinching or blinking and then fight with hospitals and insurance companies about who's going to pay for what and who's going to take responsibility for the child when he hurts someone or an animal or whatever happens *this* time when they release him to soon. And not every mother has her local police chief's cell phone number to call in case of imminent threat of loss of life.

I could tell you some horror stories. I could show you financial records that would make you weep. I could show you arrest records, juvie court records, my personal therapy bills ALONE would make your head spin! I have literally not slept in 20 years. I still do not sleep. 2 or 3 hours here or there when my body just can't stay awake for another second. I feel 20 years older than I am and I bet I look at *least* that much older.

But we survived. We got through it. Why did we get through it and some of these other families didn't? I don't really know. I am still heartbroken over the cat we lost about 4-5 years ago. She was poisoned. I cannot imagine how these parents survive losing a child.

Both families are irrevocably damaged. I don't know how they get through this. I don't know how KC's mom ever gets out of bed again. I don't know how KC's dad ever forgives himself for, in his mind, allowing this to happen. I have always been so focused on never becoming AZ's mother that I have not had the time or energy to make sure I never became KC's.

So if you have questions about what it's like to live with a child psychopath, feel free to ask. You can ask here or send me a direct message. I might answer, I might not. But I won't lie. I'll tell you what my experiences were. My experiences might be completely different from the players in this story so I won't try to speak for any of them. But I might have some perspective on some of your more speculatory thoughts and ideas.

He's 21 now and no longer lives at home and my husband and I are still in regular contact with him and have spent the last few years repairing our hearts and minds and our relationship. We did the best we could with what we had and although our best was not always good enough, we all managed to survive and now my son is, by most of not all standards, a productive member of society.

I love him with my whole heart and did what I could to train him to behave like a "normal" person but he will never feel empathy or love. That breaks my heart but we will continue trying to help him at least until he's 27, which is when current science says his brain will no longer be able to make the synapse connections needed to be a "whole" person.

Sometimes things just happen, you know? My child was never neglected or abused. He never went hungry or without medical care. He was raised in a loving and supportive home and had extended family who loved and supported him as well. He was never poor or homeless or mistreated. We were never drug addicts or alcoholics. Nothing happened when he was in-utero that might have damaged him. He was born this way for reasons that we will probably won't be privy to, at least not in my lifetime. We were all studied by trailblazers in the field and no one knows why this happened.

I will not judge AZ's parents because I know that some people are simply born with their wires crossed or misplaced. I don't care how many times social services were called out to the house because there's nothing they could have done anyway, just like the numerous times they and LE were called to my house. Much like with domestic abuse restraining orders, there's not much anybody can do until the person commits an actual crime. And not just *any* crime but a *violent* crime. Against a person. And Colorado is also special because the age of consent for psychological treatment in any form is 15.

I honestly don't even care WHY AZ did this. But if those investigators are 100% certain that this child was murdered by this boy, and he alone is responsible for her actual pain and misery in those final moments, and if what LE and MSM have reported regarding the type of death KC experienced is absolutely true, beyond the shadow of a doubt, I hope AZ never again sees the light of day. I don't need him to be put to death. I don't need him to be in solitary. But I need him to be locked up in a tiny cage for the rest of his life.

I personally know the sacrifices that are required to raise a child like this and I know that I was awfully privileged to be able to have those choices to make. Not every mother gets to stay home from work for years. Not every mother can stay at middle or high school with their child to ensure he is where he is supposed to be. Not every mother has the loving support of a spouse who commits to making necessary sacrifices to enable one parent to always be available to handle whatever screwed up thing the child does that day. And not every mother can look her child in the eye when he tells her he is going to kill her and stare back at him without flinching or blinking and then fight with hospitals and insurance companies about who's going to pay for what and who's going to take responsibility for the child when he hurts someone or an animal or whatever happens *this* time when they release him to soon. And not every mother has her local police chief's cell phone number to call in case of imminent threat of loss of life.

I could tell you some horror stories. I could show you financial records that would make you weep. I could show you arrest records, juvie court records, my personal therapy bills ALONE would make your head spin! I have literally not slept in 20 years. I still do not sleep. 2 or 3 hours here or there when my body just can't stay awake for another second. I feel 20 years older than I am and I bet I look at *least* that much older.

But we survived. We got through it. Why did we get through it and some of these other families didn't? I don't really know. I am still heartbroken over the cat we lost about 4-5 years ago. She was poisoned. I cannot imagine how these parents survive losing a child.

Both families are irrevocably damaged. I don't know how they get through this. I don't know how KC's mom ever gets out of bed again. I don't know how KC's dad ever forgives himself for, in his mind, allowing this to happen. I have always been so focused on never becoming AZ's mother that I have not had the time or energy to make sure I never became KC's.

So if you have questions about what it's like to live with a child psychopath, feel free to ask. You can ask here or send me a direct message. I might answer, I might not. But I won't lie. I'll tell you what my experiences were. My experiences might be completely different from the players in this story so I won't try to speak for any of them. But I might have some perspective on some of your more speculatory thoughts and ideas.

Big hugs. We are struggling with my son as well who is 22. We have a strained relationship currently. He suffers from alcoholism and some mental health issues as well.
It ain't easy. Embracing you and your family and your boy with peace. Xo

Thank you for sharing your story and I'm sorry life has been so difficult for your family. It sounds like you and your partner have dedicated your lives to raising a child into adulthood in extremely challenging circumstances. I'm in Australia and similarly here the mental health system really struggles to support people with mental illness and their families. I wish politicians could make the (fairly easy to make?) link between support and therapy for mental illness (particularly in adolescence) and benefits to society as a whole. Would be great to see many more resources and thought put into the system.

I'm not implying anyone in this case has mental illness more replying to the poster above.

Thank you so much for sharing your incredibly difficult journey. It brought tears to my eyes. This truly does shed light on this situation if AZ is in any way similar to your son.

Just heartbreaking and I truly hope we can began to better understand the brain in this capacity.

Hugs! Thank you for sharing your struggles. It provides us with a glimpse of the struggles families face.

my only child drowned(20yr),I know of the complete and utter shock, of not knowing even what your name is most of the time, once the shock starts wearing off 4-5 months down the road , then the real hell begins. I hope they stay private , and face this their own way. it is a life sentence w/o parole for a parent of a dead child.pure hell on earth.

my only child drowned(20yr),I know of the complete and utter shock, of not knowing even what your name is most of the time, once the shock starts wearing off 4-5 months down the road , then the real hell begins. I hope they stay private , and face this their own way. it is a life sentence w/o parole for a parent of a dead child.pure hell on earth.

&#10084;&#65039;

I'm so sorry for your painful loss. Your advice to Kiaya' parents is good. Protect themselves.

Is there a reason for sharing this?
Just guessing reasons for sharing are: 1. It contains several pertinent factoids about the case which is the subject of this forum. 2. It's relatively recent. 3. It is from a major MSM news outlet. 4. It highlights the fact that MSM has still, at this late date, and in spite of many official announcements, not updated some key facts about the case. 5. It included a photo of the beloved young girl that many of us had not seen. 6. It was originally appended with comments that were enlightening, but have been deleted in some feeds. A big thanks to poster mlogan for sharing it.

Just guessing reasons for sharing are: 1. It contains several pertinent factoids about the case which is the subject of this forum. 2. It's relatively recent. 3. It is from a major MSM news outlet. 4. It highlights the fact that MSM has still, at this late date, and in spite of many official announcements, not updated some key facts about the case. 5. It included a photo of the beloved young girl that many of us had not seen. 6. It was originally appended with comments that were enlightening, but have been deleted in some feeds. A big thanks to poster mlogan for sharing it.
Thank you for the clarification. <modsnip>

When I read your comment it made me tear up. I wish the parents had not let the kids alone together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is so tragic about this case is really there shouldn't be any reason why children can't be left alone together but it has become a sad reality for several innocent children when they aren't safe with those they know. Millions of children though interact rather well with each other when together even in blended families with often the older child being the caring and protective one over the other children. Never ever do the vast majority of children/teens do something like this teen did to KC, thank goodness. It is still unimaginable to me that anyone could be so brutal to a young child. How they can look into those innocent eyes and take their life away so brutally, I will never understand.

Some of the happiest memories our five adult children have is when they were teens spending time together in our home when we were both at work during the summertime. They looked out for each other and all were very protective of each other. We never had to worry about them not getting along. All five were very close and still are.

I haven't been able to read all that was released in this case about the suspect but has it come out the adults knew beforehand he was extremely dangerous? Has it come out he had previously hurt KC? tia

The murder itself seems to be an overkill from what has been said in the media. I still wonder if this may have been a sexually motivated crime and he murdered her to silence her from telling anyone. 'Ravaged' is such a horrific way to describe what he did to KC.When I think of something being ravaged I think about it being torn apart or almost destroyed. :(

It even makes me wonder if he disfigured her or mutilate her body in some way or possibly tied her up and brutalized her in some manner before he killed her. What if after murdering her he cut up her body by dismembering it? That could be one of the reasons why the ME has not released how she was killed. He may be wanting to protect her family from having the horrific graphic details known that would be published in the media. Gosh I pray with all of my heart this little angel didn't have to suffer extreme pain before she died.

There seems to be an overwhelming amount of rage to want to do this much damage to 10 year old little girl.

1) Was this a rage/hate/resentment murder?

2) Was this done because he had raped her and he knew she would tell what he had done to her? Usually in cases where a child KCs age is murdered and not by parents the motive is almost always a sexual motive.

3) Was this a thrill kill? Did he have prior fantasies about wanting to murder someone and KC became his target due to her being naive and her young age making her even more defenseless and vulnerable?

Teens have killed other children when they were together alone. I remember one case where a teen murdered his younger sibling simply for messing with his X-box. Several teen killers and those who are even younger seems to fly into a murderous rage at the drop of a hat over the most trivial things. They seem to not have the capability of showing restraint and their raging anger threshold in non-existent.

This case unnerves me so much and I have such a dreaded feeling when the facts do come forward as what he actually did to KC it will be as horrendous as Jessica Ridgeway's murder. Is this killer a sociopath in the making with sadistic traits who carried out his deep dark secret fantasies?

It will be interesting to see if he had ever watched *advertiser censored* and tried to look at kiddie *advertiser censored*.

These kind of young killers chills me to the bone and always have. So many times when we have seen teen killers their criminal acts were so overly brutal, depraved, sadistic, and horrendous. I will not be shocked if this one turns out to be the same way.

God rest KCs beautiful soul!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back