Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live right next to Lake Village Park and walk my dog around Eastlake every afternoon. I wasn't aware that this sweet child was missing until I tried to take my usual walk and was stopped by a bike rider as I crossed 128th at Lake Village Park at about 2:45. The rider told me that I wouldn't go east around the lake because police had it blocked off. I was able to the west-side of the lake. I saw two search and recovery officers in a small boat just slowly paddling around the lake. There was a helicopter circling overhead at that time, but I can't hear it anymore. A very troubling situation...

Welcome cohartco! Thanks so much for your input. We are all praying and keeping vigil for Kiaya.

I agree Limecat. Runaway highly unlikely.

If LE is putting that many resources at the Lake they have reason.

Bravo - I think a runaway scenario is the best to be hoped for at this time. From her SM activity I can envision that and the emphasis on the backpack certainly makes it seem like that's a clue or piece of evidence that's significant. And I can see the 15 yr old possibly going along with it but then his cover story of them being separated in the "rain" starting to crumble under investigation.

But if he's just covering for her running away, I would think he'd crack under all this scrutiny. I know I would. I don't know. I don't like that he's the last person to supposedly have seen her. I don't like any of this.

As usual IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a similar theory where Kaiya may have been trying to hang out with teenagers who didn't want her around. They may have hurt her feelings, so she took off and got into trouble. The "lost her in the rain" story sounds better than "we told her to get lost". I don't know. That's sounds harsh. Sorry. JMO IMO

Sorry I'm just feeling obsessed. So it's the sister that reported Kiaya missing? Why not the father? Why not until almost midnight - although if the sister is a teenager (going by possibility she is the girlfriend of the 15 yr old) I can see she might have thought she could find Kiaya without involving the police. I know as a teen I would have avoided calling the police until I had no choice.

My own post doesn't even make sense because we know so little and what we do know is so confusing.

5'4" and 150 lbs. ? And Kiaya is 10 ?
That's big for a girl that age... is it possible someone mistook her for an older teen ?

I'd like to speak a bit more with the last person to see her... the 15 year old boy.
Have they looked at his phone/text records ?
Does he say what happened --- did she get mad and run off ? Or did she run away and he wants to cover for her ?
:moo:

Hope she will be found soon and is safe !

Sorry I'm just feeling obsessed. So it's the sister that reported Kiaya missing? Why not the father? Why not until almost midnight - although if the sister is a teenager (going by possibility she is the girlfriend of the 15 yr old) I can see she might have thought she could find Kiaya without involving the police. I know as a teen I would have avoided calling the police until I had no choice.

My own post doesn't even make sense because we know so little and what we do know is so confusing.

I haven't been able to determine as fact who reported her missing. I saw one article that said the sister and another that didn't say who made the report. I can't find where LE has addressed it.

9NEWS (KUSA) #UPDATE: We asked a spokesperson for CBI why the Amber Alert was issued now. She said it was out of an abundance of caution/information from the investigation. There is no firm evidence that Kiaya was or was not abducted.

I haven't been able to determine as fact who reported her missing. I saw one article that said the sister and another that didn't say who made the report. I can't find where LE has addressed it.

The officer quoted in this article states that Kiaya's sister reported Kiaya missing just before midnight:

From article :

"Thornton Police say Campbell and the boy were separated and she never came home.

Campbell was first reported missing just before midnight by her sister, according to Thornton Police spokesperson Matt Barnes. She lives in Montbello, and was in the area visiting her father."

“She’s unfamiliar with the area,” Barnes said. “There are a lot of ditches and canals in the area. We’re not sure, you know, if something might have happened here.”

http://www.9news.com/news/local/amb...-girl-missing-since-wednesday-night/446829048

If LE is putting that many resources at the Lake they have reason.

I agree Bravo. It scares me. I also don't get why the first concern (mentioned) was drainage ditches and the possibility she was swept away. With a 10 yr old my first thought isn't she might be in a drainage ditch - a toddler maybe but not a 10 yr old. And by all accounts this wasn't Noah's flood. Surely a girl that age could stay on the sidewalk/ road or at least find her way back to the convenience store or somewhere else public to wait it out?

The search at the lake worries me and I have to say not because I think she fell in or was swept in by the deluge (not). IMO.

(I've never had a timeout and don't want one, so I hope I'm not dancing dangerously near the line)

I wish they would ask why the focus on the Lake??

it would make sense if there was indeed a very heavy rainstorm IMO. It certainly doesn't answer the myriad other questions, but it would make some sense. However, that does not appear to to be the case if the timing of her going missing is accurate.

And just because it started to rain heavily - how would that make for such a separation? Like, why would that cause two people to be separated to such an extent? Sorry, it doesn't make sense. There must be more to it, of course.

And by all accounts this wasn't Noah's flood.

No, it wasn't. Not where I am anyway. It was one of those storms with lots of thunder and lightening but not a lot of rainfall. My rain gauge registered 0.044 inches.

but even if it wasn't raining heavily, they might run for cover if it was thunder and lightning

No, it wasn't. Not where I am anyway. It was one of those storms with lots of thunder and lightening but not a lot of rainfall. My rain gauge registered 0.044 inches.

but even if it wasn't raining heavily, they might run for cover if it was thunder and lightning

and maybe they both ran so far in different directions that they lost each other and she was swept into the lake? Ugh, worth considering but difficult to reason. Where are you, sweet one?

Well, true. But it wouldn't be enough for flash flooding or to sweep her away, KWIM?

What time was it, cake girl? TY!

I live right next to Lake Village Park and walk my dog around Eastlake every afternoon. I wasn't aware that this sweet child was missing until I tried to take my usual walk and was stopped by a bike rider as I

crossed 128th at Lake Village Park at about 2:45. The rider told me that I wouldn't go east around the lake because police had it blocked off. I was able to the west-side of the lake. I saw two search and recovery officers in a small boat just slowly paddling around the lake. There was a helicopter circling overhead at that time, but I can't hear it anymore. A very troubling situation...

If they are searching the lake they know this wasn't some accident in the rain.

Bravo - I think a runaway scenario is the best to be hoped for at this time. From her SM activity I can envision that and the emphasis on the backpack certainly makes it seem like that's a clue or piece of evidence that's significant. And I can see the 15 yr old possibly going along with it but then his cover story of them being separated in the "rain" starting to crumble under investigation.

But if he's just covering for her running away, I would think he'd crack under all this scrutiny. I know I would. I don't know. I don't like that he's the last person to supposedly have seen her. I don't like any of this.

As usual IMO

Not many 10 year olds are runaways, especially in a strange town. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads