Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be confused on this. Was there initially an Amber alert ? I thought there had to be a vehicle involved for that.

I may be confused on this. Was there initially an Amber alert ? I thought there had to be a vehicle involved for that.

This may help you:
[h=2]What are the criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts?[/h]Each state AMBER Alert plan includes its own criteria for issuing AMBER Alerts. The PROTECT Act, passed in 2003, which established the role of AMBER Alert Coordinator within the Department of Justice, calls for the Department of Justice to issue minimum standards or guidelines for AMBER Alerts that states can adopt voluntarily. The Department's Guidance on Criteria for Issuing AMBER Alerts is as follows:

• There is reasonable belief by law enforcement that an abduction has occurred.
  • The law enforcement agency believes that the child is in imminent danger of serious bodily injury or death.
  • There is enough descriptive information about the victim and the abduction for law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert to assist in the recovery of the child.
  • The abduction is of a child aged 17 years or younger.
  • The child’s name and other critical data elements, including the Child Abduction flag, have been entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) system.
Most states’ guidelines adhere closely to the Department of Justice's recommended guidelines.

And, here is the link to my source: https://www.amberalert.gov

Just generally perusing the above link, I didn't see anything that stated a vehicle had to be involved. If I am incorrect, please let me know.

Thanks.

But this could be said of anyone that kills violently, with the exception of crimes of passion. Serial killers are "wired wrong". How compassionate should we be to them? What's the cut off age for compassion? 15, 16, 18? It's problem that brains aren't fully developed to about age 26. What then?

The priority has to be safety first. The safety of the general population. The safety of our children.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Interestingly there is that debate - if serial killer and other criminals are hard wired to be that way, some argue, then it's a brain malfunction and not their fault. They aren't "evil", just sick.

However, I haven't seen that as a defense "I'm a psychopath. I can't control myself." Probably because they can control themselves.

With less frontal lobe development though, a teen might have a harder
time controlling themselves.

I think if we can get them in intensive treatment super, super young, then perhaps there's hope. But if a teen has "callous unemotional" traits and commits a heinous crime, showing zero remorse, I don't see hope at that point. But maybe Otto is right- the evolved and civilized thing to do would be to House them in a secure mental facility for life. Because they are minors. Not adults.

I know someone said we don't have the money for that. But we could if we wanted to. We already pay billions to private prisons that don't seem to do anything for anyone but house criminals and make them more evil and more insane, most of whom are eventually released. I would definitely vote for shifting some of that money to instensive mental health programs for youths. It would be interesting to see what happens after a few decades of such programs. Whether we see results in treatments and changes in brain scans.

Wowww I could not get that video to play when I first tried early this morning and it finally worked just now and I agree he seems um..abnormal. Not the word that he says ..it's the way that he says it..."JEE-ZUSSSSSSSSS"
while pushing his crucifex towards a reporter (?).

The weird, breathy way he said it. Like scary.

IMO and ONLY MO....If the 15 YO suspect had to live with a father (for any length of time) who has the capability to act like that (especially in such a serious situation) then, yeah....that 15 yr old probably has needed some serious help for a looonngg time. It's aggrivating, to say the least, that it takes something so awful for anyone to do anything about it!! BTW...hello all---this is my first post (long time reader)

Thanks for posting!!! WELCOME!!

Ooops! I got confused. I thought that was the kid's mom and Kiaya's dad.

it almost appeared as if the father felt like this was a big "joke" the way he was smiling, almost seemed laughing .. very creepy, very inappropriate behavior given the circumstances ..
Yeah, the hissing got me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Interestingly there is that debate - if serial killer and other criminals are hard wired to be that way, some argue, then it's a brain malfunction and not their fault. They aren't "evil", just sick.

However, I haven't seen that as a defense "I'm a psychopath. I can't control myself." Probably because they can control themselves.

I think if we can get them in intensive treatment super, super young, then perhaps there's hope. But if a teen has "callous unemotional" traits and commits a heinous crime, showing zero remorse, I don't see hope at that point. But maybe Otto is right- the evolved and civilized thing to do would be to House them in a secure mental facility for life. Because they are minors. Not adults.

I know someone said we don't have the money for that. But we could if we wanted to. We already pay billions to private prisons that don't seem to do anything for anyone but house criminals and make them more evil and more insane, most of whom are eventually released. I would definitely vote for shifting some of that money to instensive mental health programs for youths. It would be interesting to see what happens after a few decades of such programs. Whether we see results in treatments and changes in brain scans.
I agree that money can always be found. I don't believe a true psychopath can be rehabilitated. If you don't feel emotion and you intellectually know right from wrong, and you manipulated people to charm and deceive them, how would we even know if we succeeded? I was basically responding to another posters beliefs that these kids should be rehabilitated and not punished. I basically feel as though we need more info first into cause and manner of death as well as insight into whether this 15 year old is emotionally disturbed or a psychopath.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wowww I could not get that video to play when I first tried early this morning and it finally worked just now and I agree he seems um..abnormal. Not the word that he says ..it's the way that he says it..."JEE-ZUSSSSSSSSS"
while pushing his crucifex towards a reporter (?).

Was that a reporter? He seems to be very up in that persons face and then looks back at that person and smiles like a crazy person to her.

I hope that wasn't someone in Kiaya's family.

My .02 is that the suspect and his family are going to go hog wild for the insanity defense... whether it's true or not.
Maybe an explanation for the perp's dad "hissing" and holding out the crucifix to the reporters ? (As if partly crazy, & like he was warding off 'evil'...)
Sounds odd -- but there are people like that.

And since the perp's mom was living with Kiaya's dad.. where was the perp's dad during all of this ?
Don't think they were in a Polyamorous relationship.

MOO

Oh Good Lord, that was C R E E P Y. Thought I had just encountered something straight from the depths it sounded so sinister the way he spoke and sort of pushed his was in front of that woman. Just wow.....gotta take a deep breath!

My .02 is that the suspect and his family are going to go hog wild for the insanity defense... whether it's true or not.
Maybe an explanation for the perp's dad "hissing" and holding out the crucifix to the reporters ? (As if partly crazy, & like he was warding off 'evil'...)
Sounds odd -- but there are people like that.

And since the perp's mom was living with Kiaya's dad.. where was the perp's dad during all of this ?
Don't think they were in a Polyamorous relationship.

MOO

Unfortunately, I completely agree with you... :(

I am holding off on the insanity discussion until he actually pleads insanity but I think you're right.

My heart just breaks for everyone involved here... even the community. It's just terrible.

Remember though, a lot of FB pages that we see ony show public messages. If you looked at mine it would probably only show missing kids (though not that many). The rest is all locked down and private.

Exactly. There are things you share public on your Facebook so others can share like missing persons and there are private posts just for your friends. IMO I think without more info it was a bit of a low blow by the media to go after the father about that. Just grasping at straws for a story.

that or he was festeringly miserable old coot after his wife and these other women left him behind.

LOL thats what i was thinking, we must be east half, lotsa mods out west.
Anyhow, I saw this brand new news article come out this morning... horrific out of Michigan and it goes hand

if he is overly religious and mom is not at all that could lead to some mental conflicts.

He hisssssssed it and smirked. I have all sorts of alarms going off in my head and wondering what this 15 year old has gone through in his childhood.

maybe they hate each other. they are divorced. and its quite possible that the relationship between her and K's dad is over due to circumstances.

So that mom lives with Kiaya's dad? I wonder why they didn't come to court together.

What seriously? Supporting the mother of his daughter's alleged killer would not look good to the media, the community and the court room.

It doesn't matter whether they're together or split up..... I think not showing up to court with her is a no brainer...

No one has ever known what to do with them. Look at all the old asylums and psychiatric hospitals. Lobotomies, electroshock therapy, abuse, neglect, left to languish and abuse themselves and one another. Autistics and deaf mutes were housed with violent psychopaths, because both were deemed equally abnormal. We've come a long way in how we handle Autism, but we haven't made one bit of difference with sadists and psychopaths. A lot of people are just fully given over to the devil....what are you going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee