Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What seriously? Supporting the mother of his daughter's alleged killer would not look good to the media, the community and the court room.

It doesn't matter whether they're together or split up..... I think not showing up to court with her is a no brainer...

Calm down. It was simply my observation that this crime has damaged both families and the relationships therein. How do you know that was a no brainer? People don't HAVE to break up in the face of tragedy. Not everyone does.

I agree that money can always be found. I don't believe a true psychopath can be rehabilitated. If you don't feel emotion and you intellectually know right from wrong, and you manipulated people to charm and deceive them, how would we even know if we succeeded? I was basically responding to another posters beliefs that these kids should be rehabilitated and not punished. I basically feel as though we need more info first into cause and manner of death as well as insight into whether this 15 year old is emotionally disturbed or a psychopath.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Speaking of "true psychopaths," when I read about the age of this alleged murderer, this case came to mind. His doctors (plural) could not figure him out. He ultimately was suspected in 26 murders. His first at 13 years (he killed his Mother, attempted Father and Sister). Normal family, upper middle class. Highly intelligent and PURE EVIL. IMHO I don't believe a true psychopath can ever be rehabilitated nor can pedophiles. If I wouldn't trust them around my children, why would I let them back out on the streets. Can you imagine how a truly evil person who has been repressed for several years might behave when released?

I also wonder if this 15 yo had been planning this all along. We certainly live in a dangerous world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Brandt

If this article isn't allowed, please forgive and remove. It's the first thing that came to my mind when I began to read about this crime.

maybe they hate each other. they are divorced. and its quite possible that the relationship between her and K's dad is over due to circumstances.

I was talking about the boy's mom and her live-in boyfriend (Kiaya's dad). Not mom and her ex.

Speaking of "true psychopaths," when I read about the age of this alleged murderer, this case came to mind. His doctors (plural) could not figure him out. He ultimately was suspected in 26 murders. His first at 13 years (he killed his Mother, attempted Father and Sister). Normal family, upper middle class. Highly intelligent and PURE EVIL. IMHO I don't believe a true psychopath can ever be rehabilitated nor can pedophiles. If I wouldn't trust them around my children, why would I let them back out on the streets. Can you imagine how a truly evil person who has been repressed for several years might behave when released?

I also wonder if this 15 yo had been planning this all along. We certainly live in a dangerous world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Brandt

If this article isn't allowed, please forgive and remove. It's the first thing that came to my mind when I began to read about this crime.

On the same topic, have you guys heard of Peter Zimmer/Jo Collier who slaughtered his parents and brother in 1983 at age 14? Freed again new identity, stalking women, etc. They did an episode of him on ID. Absolute spine chilling horrifying !!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...d-killed-family-1983-police-article-1.1859591

So that mom lives with Kiaya's dad? I wonder why they didn't come to court together.

We don't have absolute confirmation yet that the 15-year-old who was arrested is the same 15-year-old KC was with when she left the home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We don't have absolute confirmation yet that the 15-year-old who was arrested is the same 15-year-old KC was with when she left the home.

"Police say the 10-year-old girl left her father’s Thornton home Wednesday night with the suspect, her father’s girlfriend’s 15-year-old son. She never came home."

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/12/teen-accused-of-killing-10-year-old-thornton-girl-appears-in-court/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that mom lives with Kiaya's dad? I wonder why they didn't come to court together.

Calm down. It was simply my observation that this crime has damaged both families and the relationships therein. How do you know that was a no brainer? People don't HAVE to break up in the face of tragedy. Not everyone does.

I was answering your "why" post above only :) I did see you mentioned an observation about division but I wasn't referencing that.

Regarding the bolded above, I did not that mention anything of the sort. I actually said the opposite that it's irrelevant whether they break up... I didn't say they would or that "everyone does in the face of tragedy".

It's a no brainer that he wouldn't show up to court with her IMO. Why? Because it would not look good to the media, the community and the court room as mentioned. Also, probably unnecessary drama to an already dramatic and hyper sensitive case.

Looking at the set of circumstances, it's a no brainer regardless of their relationship status. imo jmo

Very. It made no sense. That and the news reported his social media is filled with missing persons alerts. What does it all mean?

The news reported that KC's father's social media was filled with missing person reports, NOT the father of the suspect, and we still do not have confirmation that the 15 yr old arrested was the same 15 yr old KC left the house with.

Last night I watched all 4 local news stories at 10pm MDT. (CBS, ABC, NBC, and Fox.) The first three reiterated that we don't know who the 15 yr old is and one station called him an "acquaintance" of KC's. Fox was the only station to say unequivocally that the person KC left home with was the person in custody but around here, that particular newscast is famous for getting facts wrong. (And these were all local newscasts, not national.)

It would be interesting to know how the twin sibling of the 15 year old suspect acts. Not sleuthing, just saying.

Again, we do not yet know for certain that the 15-yr-old arrested was the 15-yr-old "step" sibling. LE and MSM have both referred to the person she left the home with as an "acquaintance," and MSM has said an"acquaintance" was arrested.

"Police say the 10-year-old girl left her father’s Thornton home Wednesday night with the suspect, her father’s girlfriend’s 15-year-old son. She never came home."

http://kdvr.com/2017/06/12/teen-accused-of-killing-10-year-old-thornton-girl-appears-in-court/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KDVR is the local Fox affiliate that is known for getting a lot of "facts" wrong around here. They've actually done several stories on my for particular activism and each time the stories are about 1/2 wrong and 1/2 sort of right. So be wary of anything from KDVR.

KDVR is also the ONLY local media saying the 15-yr-old arrested was the same person KC was with when she left home. The other local affiliates (ABC, CBS, NBC,) are still saying the Persian arrested was an "acquaintance" of KC's.

Poor, sweet girl. It's just so awful all the way around. I hope they lock him up and throw away the key so that he cannot hurt anyone ever again.

I was answering your "why" post above only :) I did see you mentioned an observation about division but I wasn't referencing that.

Regarding the bolded above, I did not that mention anything of the sort. I actually said the opposite that it's irrelevant whether they break up... I didn't say they would or that "everyone does in the face of tragedy".

It's a no brainer that he wouldn't show up to court with her IMO. Why? Because it would not look good to the media, the community and the court room as mentioned. Also, probably unnecessary drama to an already dramatic and hyper sensitive case.

Looking at the set of circumstances, it's a no brainer regardless of their relationship status. imo jmo

Well it's not a no brainer to me. I think the two of them coming together in a show of solidarity, in the face of incredible tragedy, would be a brave thing to do. I think it would be commendable. Obviously if the two have parted ways, I can understand that, as well. Calling it a no-brainer means one of us is wrong, and that's not true. We just look at it differently, that's all.

unes
I agree that money can always be found. I don't believe a true psychopath can be rehabilitated. If you don't feel emotion and you intellectually know right from wrong, and you manipulated people to charm and deceive them, how would we even know if we succeeded? I was basically responding to another posters beliefs that these kids should be rehabilitated and not punished. I basically feel as though we need more info first into cause and manner of death as well as insight into whether this 15 year old is emotionally disturbed or a psychopath.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Agreed. There's too much we don't know.

No one has ever known what to do with them. Look at all the old asylums and psychiatric hospitals. Lobotomies, electroshock therapy, abuse, neglect, left to languish and abuse themselves and one another. Autistics and deaf mutes were housed with violent psychopaths, because both were deemed equally abnormal. We've come a long way in how we handle Autism, but we haven't made one bit of difference with sadists and psychopaths. A lot of people are just fully given over to the devil....what are you going to do?

Well, I love science. I think there's a lot we don't yet know. At this point I think
its clear that therapy doesn't fix psychopaths. And teens with the signs of it I don't think there has been much luck.

But some experts say that psychopaths can be treated such that they realize the consequences of deviant behavior and stop it to avoid problems for themselves.

Beyond that I think there's a lot to learn. Maybe we will be able to assess young children and find an intensive therapy to treat them. (One article I read stated that some young kids with the signs grow out of it!)

Maybe we will figure out a solid assessment that can help us determine that a certain criminal can never be free again.

I don't know. But I think we are only at the very beginning of understanding the mind.

Maybe <mod snip> dad was responding to a question such as 'how are you coping?' and he responded "Jeeesuuuusssssssss!" Whatever. It was odd as was flashing the cross but I am not going to judge anyone who is walking into a court room where their 15 year old's future is being determined after his arrest for first degree murder and is met by a bunch of cameras and microphones.

More interesting and important is that LE and DCFS (or whatever they call ti there) was called out to the house a few times. Was it trouble with this boy or between the adults?

Was mom's BF asserting some discipline over the boy's behavior and the adults fighting over it?

Was Kiaya's mom made aware of the situation with LE and DCFS? Probably not.

Well it's not a no brainer to me. I think the two of them coming together in a show of solidarity, in the face of incredible tragedy, would be a brave thing to do. I think it would be commendable. Obviously if the two have parted ways, I can understand that, as well. Calling it a no-brainer means one of us is wrong, and that's not true. We just look at it differently, that's all.

Do we even know if Kiaya's father or mother were or were not in the courtroom? I have found nothing other than this statement, saying court was closed to all but family for both sides.

The judge closed the hearing to all but family of the suspect and victim.
http://www.krdo.com/news/state-regional-news/15-yr-old-accused-of-killing-kiaya-campbell-in-court-today-1/538415940

You can see many family members entering the court for the hearing in the first video on this page @ 1.26. One could possibly be her parent(s). Also shows the neighbor where her body was found.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/timeline-kiaya-campbell-case-from-amber-alert-to-murder-investigation

I agree...

It looks like a picture of Kiaya when she was younger.

JMO

The early photo looks like a 7 or 8 year old, she looked much different at the age of 10. I don't understand why the family would release such an old photo of a missing and then located-murdered child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee