Found Deceased CO - Kiaya Campbell, 10, Thornton, 7 June 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have liked to see them both. Put some faces to my prayers...

I don't know if I would be able to make it to the court room if my child had just been brutally murdered. I'd probably be in a fetal position, barely breathing, at best.

Maybe <mod snip> dad was responding to a question such as 'how are you coping?' and he responded "Jeeesuuuusssssssss!" Whatever. It was odd as was flashing the cross but I am not going to judge anyone who is walking into a court room where their 15 year old's future is being determined after his arrest for first degree murder and is met by a bunch of cameras and microphones.

More interesting and important is that LE and DCFS (or whatever they call ti there) was called out to the house a few times. Was it trouble with this boy or between the adults?

Was mom's BF asserting some discipline over the boy's behavior and the adults fighting over it?

Was Kiaya's mom made aware of the situation with LE and DCFS? Probably not.

Just wanted to state we don't know anything other than she is known to CPS, there are literally thousands of reasons they get involved, and it was never stated to whose house they were called to. It very well could have been moms house, or if her brother got into trouble etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again I truly apologize, it was not my intention. My daughter is a recovering addict and even still I know I could never truly understand. My thoughts were going to family history.
love you and love your daughter! xoxoxo hugs!!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

REOFFENDERS: Criminals do reoffend. We all know that. Nor is it a perfect science on who is and who isn't going to reoffend. There may be odds given, but still it's scary having to deal with known offenders, especially murderers. And the statistics aren't really perfect either. They can give you odds but then again there are many, many crimes where the perp is unknown so can't even be counted....IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ANGER MANAGEMENT CLASSES are popular to be required (by judges) to offenders. But sometimes the offender just keep going back and back and back to the classes. Some mood disorders, unnatural (as well as deadly) gratifications or pleasures, childhood abuses or dangerous cognitive thinking are really tough to get a handle on.
A split second unpremeditated action, during a heated argument might be different. IMO

There is a ton of false reporting on this case. Not surprised. The timelines are not even correct. I live here and it did not even rain until 1030pm that night. Her dad said they left at 8pm, yet the news says 7pm.. very frustrating..

That is because this is the story that as was being told by the family/15 year-old dad's girlfriend's son at the time. We received the Amber Alert, and I immediately went to the news website where it was reported by LE that a rain storm had separated the two between 7pm and 7:30.

Not exactly false reporting, just reporting what they had at that point in time.

That is because this is the story that as was being told by the family/15 year-old dad's girlfriend's son at the time. We received the Amber Alert, and I immediately went to the news website where it was reported by LE that a rain storm had separated the two between 7pm and 7:30.

Not exactly false reporting, just reporting what they had at that point in time.
Did you receive the Amber Alert at midnight? It's been reported that LE wasn't notified until midnight and it's hard to search that late at night.

Did you receive the Amber Alert at midnight? It's been reported that LE wasn't notified until midnight and it's hard to search that late at night.
Amber alerts did not come until around 1:30 the day after she was reported missing.

Well it's not a no brainer to me. I think the two of them coming together in a show of solidarity, in the face of incredible tragedy, would be a brave thing to do. I think it would be commendable. Obviously if the two have parted ways, I can understand that, as well. Calling it a no-brainer means one of us is wrong, and that's not true. We just look at it differently, that's all.

Dad's daughter was murdered not even a week ago. I have a feeling that he is probably mourning; I can't even IMAGINE going ANYWHERE in public FOR ANY REASON if I were in his shoes. He doesn't owe anyone a show of solidarity.

Received Amber Alert Thursday, late afternoon/early evening, the day AFTER she was reported missing to Thornton LE(Wednesday).

And yes, all reports I have seen say that she was reported missing about 12 minutes to midnight on Wednesday, June 7.

People talk about bad vibes. Well that's all I get from this case. Wish I could understand how her absense went unnoticed for so long (call made near midnight.)

People talk about bad vibes. Well that's all I get from this case. Wish I could understand how her absense went unnoticed for so long (call made near midnight.)
We don't know that her absence was unnoticed, just that they didn't call the police until near midnight

We don't know that her absence was unnoticed, just that they didn't call the police until near midnight

And then there's the grandma like me who was babysitting one day. The neighbor brought home one of my grandchildren, but not the other one (the 8 year old). She thought he was walking. No...
I immediately called the police to look for him. He was still at school.
Whew! Maybe I over reacted a bit.

Would you be thinking of Katie Rough (7 yr. old)? The accused will never be named publicly by law, but we know it was the 15 yr. old stepsister. I thought she had been stabbed, not sure about the slit throat. Kiaya's death has had me thinking of Katie a lot this week. :tears:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...murdered-Woodthorpe-York-10-Jan-2017-*Arrest*

I just spent hours reading this thread. Heartbroken.

I'm heartbroken for Kiaya. I'm heartbroken all around. I just can not even understand how anyone can harm another human being let alone a child: I don't think I want to understand if I'm being honest.

Received Amber Alert Thursday, late afternoon/early evening, the day AFTER she was reported missing to Thornton LE(Wednesday).

And yes, all reports I have seen say that she was reported missing about 12 minutes to midnight on Wednesday, June 7.

Initially we were told she was last seen at 7:00 p.m. on June 7th. When I posted her being missing at 10:00 a.m. on June 8th (Eastern) after seeing the first MSM report, there was no amber alert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-7-June-2017-*Arrest*&p=13425110#post13425110

At about 3:30-4:00 (Eastern) someone posted that there is now an Amber Alert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-7-June-2017-*Arrest*&p=13425667#post13425667

Initially we were told she was last seen at 7:00 p.m. on June 7th. When I posted her being missing at 10:00 a.m. on June 8th (Eastern) after seeing the first MSM report, there was no amber alert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-7-June-2017-*Arrest*&p=13425110#post13425110

At about 3:30-4:00 (Eastern) someone posted that there is now an Amber Alert.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-7-June-2017-*Arrest*&p=13425667#post13425667
Mine was an attempt to examine the lag in reporting that came from the suspect's home not a delay that came from WS. My concern was the report to authorities, LE.

SABBM

It was Kiaya's father that has nothing but missing child alerts.
Not sure why Kiaya's SISTER had to report her missing, and not her dad ?
Strange situation ; and weird FB to say the least.
:moo:

This question has been on my mind, too... :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members