GUILTY CO - Neveah Gallegos, 3, Denver, 21 Sept 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prosecutors, not police officers, decided not to proceed with a 2006 child sexual-assault case against a man who was later arrested as a suspect in the same child's death, the Denver district attorney's office confirmed Wednesday.
In July 2006, after Neveah Gallegos was taken to a hospital emergency room and diagnosed as a possible victim of sexual abuse, police submitted a case to the Denver DA's office for possible prosecution of Angel Ray Montoya, 22. Prosecution was refused.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7076978

This was posted in the missing forum but it is making me so mad thinking about it all day. She was initially reported kidnapped but now we know was murdered. Sorry if I shouldn't have reposted here but I felt it is really a crime now not a missing person.

Poor little baby! Another case of injustice against a child.

It gets worse. Both are out of jail!!!! I can't believe this.

A couple being held in connection with the death of a 3-year-old girl are being released from jail, the Denver district attorney's office said today.
A deadline to file formal charges against Miriam Gallegos, 20, the dead girl's mother, and Angel Montoya, 22, Gallegos' boyfriend, is today, and authorities weren't through with their investigation, the DA's office said.
"Prosecutors and police investigators are still waiting for a final report from the office of the medical examiner, which may not be available for several weeks due to the length of time it commonly takes to get test results," a press release from the DA's office said.

~~~SNIP~~~

Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey said the decision to release the couple was difficult but that it was in accordance with the law.
"A decision on filing criminal charges cannot be made until we have all the facts, including final results from the medical examiner that won't be back for several weeks," Morrissey said in the release. "My office continues to work closely with the Denver Police Department in this continuing investigation."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7053412

A couple being held in connection with the death of a 3-year-old girl are being released from jail, the Denver district attorney's office said today.
A deadline to file formal charges against Miriam Gallegos, 20, the dead girl's mother, and Angel Montoya, 22, Gallegos' boyfriend, is today, and authorities weren't through with their investigation, the DA's office said.
"Prosecutors and police investigators are still waiting for a final report from the office of the medical examiner, which may not be available for several weeks due to the length of time it commonly takes to get test results," a press release from the DA's office said.

~~~SNIP~~~

Denver District Attorney Mitch Morrissey said the decision to release the couple was difficult but that it was in accordance with the law.
"A decision on filing criminal charges cannot be made until we have all the facts, including final results from the medical examiner that won't be back for several weeks," Morrissey said in the release. "My office continues to work closely with the Denver Police Department in this continuing investigation."

This case is making me so mad, how could they let them walk away, like they won't run, they caught him with the bag he had the body in. I really could hurt this man very badly and not feel a bit of regret about it:furious: It is making me so mad, they must like child abusers in this county to let him go not once but twice. This little girl never had a chance. I hope somone gets sued for this.

~~~SNIP~~~

Can you say Sh** on this board? :furious:

This case is making me so mad, how could they let them walk away, like they won't run, they caught him with the bag he had the body in. I really could hurt this man very badly and not feel a bit of regret about it:furious: It is making me so mad, they must like child abusers in this county to let him go not once but twice. This little girl never had a chance. I hope somone gets sued for this.

I know, imthemom! Heck, they will probably leave and go to Mexico or Central America!

A lot of people are upset about this. I was reading the message board posts with this story. At the very least, they could have held him for not registering as a sex offender since he is one!!!!:banghead:

I know, imthemom! Heck, they will probably leave and go to Mexico or Central America!

A lot of people are upset about this. I was reading the message board posts with this story. At the very least, they could have held him for not registering as a sex offender since he is one!!!!:banghead:

Unbelievable!!

I think this is really getting to me because my little girl will be 3 on Oct. 27th and I just can't fathom how someone could hurt a little baby like that. How could her mother leave her with him. She was in such denial, saying he could not have abused her, he wouldn't do that so no need to prosecute or follow this up or OMG take the child away, even though she had blood in her diaper and it was confirmed by the ER. :behindbar I don't understand the evil sometimes. I know she is in a better place now with lots of love but she should have had love here on earth and her mother should have protected her not her BF.

WTF? How could they release these people? If there were other people who could possibly be implicated, why are they not arrested? Did they collect any forensic evidence? This case is ridiculous. Denver seems to be the place to go if you want to abuse and murder a child. What more do they need to make an arrest? The news articles sound like they just aren't going to do anything! :banghead:

In this case, the mother is at fault more than the animal..I mean man. How do you stay with a man that has been suspected of hurting your child? I have a feeling that the child would never have made it to the hospital the first time if the aunt and grandmother weren't there. They probably were the ones to find the blood in the baby's diaper, and insisted on her being taken to the hospital. (IMO)

I don't understand why they couldn't have been arrested for murder and then if it ended up that there wasn't enough proof...let them go..drop the charges.
If the guy was caught carrying the bag with the baby's body then how much more proof do they need?

I can't believe that he had hurt that baby before and she was bleeding and they let him go then. Is everyone there with any authority stupid????

If this guy is a registered sex offender but he hadn't registered your darn right they could have held him on that. Isn't there a new law about that? Can't remember if "Jesse's Law" contained that or not but I know there is a new law about it. It sounds like someone is kissing the butts of these two.

Prosecutors, not police officers, decided not to proceed with a 2006 child sexual-assault case against a man who was later arrested as a suspect in the same child's death, the Denver district attorney's office confirmed Wednesday.
In July 2006, after Neveah Gallegos was taken to a hospital emergency room and diagnosed as a possible victim of sexual abuse, police submitted a case to the Denver DA's office for possible prosecution of Angel Ray Montoya, 22. Prosecution was refused.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_7076978

This was posted in the missing forum but it is making me so mad thinking about it all day. She was initially reported kidnapped but now we know was murdered. Sorry if I shouldn't have reposted here but I felt it is really a crime now not a missing person.
No, this IS the perfect forum!!! How DARE they do this to this child?! Bless her heart and those that went before her that other people did not mention her. This should tell everyone how victims are treated and how we need to change it.

I don't understand why they couldn't have been arrested for murder and then if it ended up that there wasn't enough proof...let them go..drop the charges.
If the guy was caught carrying the bag with the baby's body then how much more proof do they need?

I can't believe that he had hurt that baby before and she was bleeding and they let him go then. Is everyone there with any authority stupid????

If this guy is a registered sex offender but he hadn't registered your darn right they could have held him on that. Isn't there a new law about that? Can't remember if "Jesse's Law" contained that or not but I know there is a new law about it. It sounds like someone is kissing the butts of these two.

He was found with the child's body? I thought they found it in a ravine.

He was found with the child's body? I thought they found it in a ravine.

He had already dumped the body but he still had the bag he carried her in. The mother admitted it that they wrapped the child in plastic bags and he took her in a duffle bag to dump her. That's how the police knew to look in dumpsters and ditches.

And they didn't have enough evidence to hold them????? :furious:

I can not believe the LE can hold people for over a year on BS weapons charges and can't hold on to these two or even file charges The legal system is soooo screwed up. This is a tragedy the comunity it is happening in should be outraged. Lots and lots of public employees should be out of jobs right now over this. IMO banging head againts wall

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=78384

DENVER - Neighbors say they were upset when they saw Angel Montoya and Miriam Gallegos walking free Monday afternoon. The two had been accused in the murder of Gallegos' 3-year-old daughter Nevaeh.

"The fact that the little girl is passed away and those two are free, out walking, is disgusting," said one neighbor, lives near Gallego's mother and didn't want to be identified.

The two were released because prosecutors haven't yet gathered enough evidence to formally charge them. They're still waiting on the results of an autopsy.

Please see this article. There is a picture of these two leaving jail holding hands. This mother is the biggest I have ever seen in my life. They can't hold them because it is extremely hard to make lesser chargest stick to keep them in jail!!! Thats what the article says. So I guess they didn't even try.

He had already dumped the body but he still had the bag he carried her in. The mother admitted it that they wrapped the child in plastic bags and he took her in a duffle bag to dump her. That's how the police knew to look in dumpsters and ditches.

The mother admitted this and they didn't have enough evidence to charge them??? So are all the LE officials on meth or what? This is an outrage. Oh yea, and the pic of the pig mother and her shack up holding hands is more than I can take...She's standing by her pedophile murdering boyfriend. Dr. Laura Schlesinger would have a hay day with that slim bag woman.

ETA: I called this woman "Mother", in which she does not have the honor to hold this title. You can insert a particular four letter word after the word mother to make it more appropriate.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June
Back