Found Deceased CO - Pamela Mae Buckley, 23, Colorado Springs, Dec 1975

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Comparison pic. I find a tiny gap, at top... between two front teeth on both girls

Great observation... maybe I'm imagining things but I also feel like when I zoom in on Pam's headshot, I'm seeing a very faint beauty mark in approximately the same place as it appears on Jane Doe. I believe that the reason the mole(s) are hard to see in the photos of Pam might be due to her applying some sort of foundation or powder, which would've covered them or at least made them less obvious. Considering we're talking about a beauty queen and performer here, it wouldn't be surprising if Pam was wearing some makeup in her pictures, even though she went for the natural look (and didn't need much makeup to begin with, she was gorgeous). Then assuming she was hitchhiking and traveling, regularly wearing makeup may not have been a priority for her. I don't believe they found any evidence of makeup on Jane Doe, as they determined that her eyelashes were all natural, indicating no mascara or falsies.

I see it too. I just thought I was seeing things. I can only see them on the closeup headshot yearbook photo
Great observation... maybe I'm imagining things but I also feel like when I zoom in on Pam's headshot, I'm seeing a very faint beauty mark in approximately the same place as it appears on Jane Doe. I believe that the reason the mole(s) are hard to see in the photos of Pam might be due to her applying some sort of foundation or powder, which would've covered them or at least made them less obvious. Considering we're talking about a beauty queen and performer here, it wouldn't be surprising if Pam was wearing some makeup in her pictures, even though she went for the natural look (and didn't need much makeup to begin with, she was gorgeous). Then assuming she was hitchhiking and traveling, regularly wearing makeup may not have been a priority for her. I don't believe they found any evidence of makeup on Jane Doe, as they determined that her eyelashes were all natural, indicating no mascara or falsies.

I'm just getting caught up on this thread... I wholeheartedly agree with you all, after seeing the correct pictures of Pam, that there is an uncanny resemblance between her and the Sumter Co. Jane Doe. What a striking woman. Sounds like she was a bright and talented musician, too.

I am so sorry to hear that Pam's parents are deceased and therefore didn't get closure when it came to knowing what happened to their daughter. That must have been extremely difficult for them through the years. I'm sure it weighed heavily on the ex-husband as well, despite any issues they had towards the end of their marriage.

Everyone here who hunted down all this information, scoured yearbooks and marriage records, etc. should be extremely proud of all their hard work, even if SC Jane Doe turns out not to be Pam. Frankly, seeing these pictures of her, and learning of the update that Jane Doe was actually from Minnesota, not Wisconsin, I am officially convinced now that Pam and Jane Doe are one and the same. But of course I'm aware that could all just be a coincidence. (Impatiently) waiting for tomorrow's announcement...

There is still the question of why Pamela was listed as deceased in her parents obituaries, and why (if I'm looking at the correct FB page) that her ex lists himself as widowed.

Agreed! Even though her husband divorced her, his Facebook is listed as “widowed”. They must have all just known she was gone
Just saw your similar comment now lol.

There is still the question of why Pamela was listed as deceased in her parents obituaries, and why (if I'm looking at the correct FB page) that her ex lists himself as widowed.

Often, it's "easier" to settle estates and complete other legal processes if the missing loved one is declared deceased.

Comparison pic. I find a tiny gap, at top... between two front teeth on both girls

OK. I haven’t followed this super close and haven’t seen all the evidence etc. So I’m asking if the pictures on the right were taken after the murders of the actual Sumter Jane. First off...that is horrifying. Secondly, if Minnesota Pam Buckley is not her ID, then PB has a clone. They look exactly alike to me. And like some others I think I can see a hint of makeup covered birthmarks in one of the pictures.
So sad to see her happy and smiling and then see what someone did to her.

OK. I haven’t followed this super close and haven’t seen all the evidence etc. So I’m asking if the pictures on the right were taken after the murders of the actual Sumter Jane. First off...that is horrifying. Secondly, if Minnesota Pam Buckley is not her ID, then PB has a clone. They look exactly alike to me. And like some others I think I can see a hint of makeup covered birthmarks in one of the pictures.
So sad to see her happy and smiling and then see what someone did to her.

If you're asking about the pics I posted, yes that is Sumter Jane on the right post mortem.

I'm wondering if she kept in touch with her parents, by phone or letters. And then if that communication abruptly stopped, and years went by, they may have assumed she died.
From the parents obit they seemed to be a close family the dads obit calls his ex wife his close friend and exwife or something along those lines. I saw her mom also worked as a addiction therapist or counselor

From the parents obit they seemed to be a close family the dads obit calls his ex wife his close friend and exwife or something along those lines. I saw her mom also worked as a addiction therapist or counselor

I saw the same thing. Apparently the parents divorced later in life. The father's obituary referred to a special friend and ex-wife. But when the wife died four years later it said preceded in death by her husband. Didn't say anything about ex-husband.

It was striking to me because my parents died the same years...one in 2008 and another in 2012.

Pamela had two brothers and two sisters. All seem to still be alive, including a sister in Hawaii.

The father was a World War II vet. In fact, they married just months before the end of the war. Then he established a nursery in Redwood City that became his career for decades. The mother was also into gardening. She seemed feisty and interesting, with a particular love for the outdoors.

As others have mentioned, Pamela is listed as deceased in both obituaries. Maybe more info will surface regarding that, especially if any of the four siblings speak to the media.

BTW, someone on Reddit posted tonight that the presser was delayed by one day because the guy who runs the sumtermysterycouple.com website could not attend Wednesday so they waited until he could be there. Apparently he played a major role in pushing this case toward resolution. Today he updated his site to include his name for the first time. He also says he has additional information that he plans to release, along with a book on the case that he hopes to publish by the end of the year.

I've always appreciated that site except for all the ridiculous theories he mentions toward the end. I hope that junk is excluded from the book. There is no reason to include every bit of nutcase material like a CIA mobster as if it were legitimate debate within this case.

I tried to enhance her photos to see her teeth clearer.
I did have one of her teeth i found months ago. I would have to go through my files. I removed some posts because someone was very rude awhile back. I was asked to add it back today. Ancestry has tons of pictures. She was also snow queen and lots of photos from her city.

I think this is definitely her. The face shape, the eye shape, the nose, the teeth, its way too close.

I believe that she does have those moles, but either they are not picked up in the photos or barely picked up (in one it doesn't even look like she has eyebrows due to image quality), or she possibly covered them with makeup. I can seemingly make out the bigger mole in this photo. Its right where it would be when smiling.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 3.12.50 AM.png
    Screenshot 2021-01-21 at 3.12.50 AM.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 317
I did have one of her teeth i found months ago. I would have to go through my files. I removed some posts because someone was very rude awhile back. I was asked to add it back today. Ancestry has tons of pictures. She was also snow queen and lots of photos from her city.
Hi, have been lurking here since yesterday and am wondering, are there any pictures of her ears?

It’s seems strange she is listed as deceased on her parents obits and her husband is a widow, although he could have married again and this is in reference to that marriage. Not long to find out.

Wow!...That does look like her, and my aunt had a mole on her face and she would cover it with makeup for 'events' or formal pictures (she was born in 1954) but day to day she never covered it.....this is exciting (you know what I mean!)

It’s seems strange she is listed as deceased on her parents obits and her husband is a widow, although he could have married again and this is in reference to that marriage. Not long to find out.

A lot of parents just realize the child missing for many years is dead. I have seen this in other obituaries before they were ever identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back