CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you find this fascinating stuff? I note that the officer in that video was shooting with his rifle supported by the dash board, and thru his front windshield. (And boy must his ears have been ringing!)

Actually I found it with a Google search for "firing rifle from moving car". I really don't find it that surprising that someone could drive and fire a rifle at the same time. Especially easy if they were to aim the rifle out the passenger window, with the barrel resting on the door.

Some people could probably do it with their left arm out the window too.

I think he might move south again. Jmo

Just a thought---maybe the nujob(s) lives in Wyoming.

You guys are making some good cases for the possibility of a second shooter.

If that happens margarita25, then I'm with you that the perp's here or that you are an intuitive and we need to get you hired in LE ASAP! Jeesh, I'm in Florida and I'm on edge. Please stay safe everyone!!!

I hope everyone that is able places cams around properties and businesses. Cell phone towers in all of the affected areas should be scrutinized. I'm sure all of these things are being done, I just hope for answers soon.

I find the 287 highway (parallel) noteworthy. This is quite a busy roaď, with lots of cops patrolling. This is near the same area where the "literary bug" was dumping all the books.

Also, one thing, there's Gunbarrell semi nearby, O/T where the meatball poisoner was...(and the lady who ripped out that woman's baby was nearby in Longmont)...man, what a bunch of nutjobs around here...must be all the fracking waste water, must have infiltrated our drinking water.
..which again, brings me back to Erie / Firestone / Dacono.

Back to Forager's awesome map:

attachment-1.png

It's also possible that it's more than one perp like the DC Sniper case. Interesting to note all the L's involved (Lincoln x 2, Loveland, New OrLeans). The DC snipers also shot on highways, parking lots, etc if I remember correctly.

Louis Street

Actually I found it with a Google search for "firing rifle from moving car". I really don't find it that surprising that someone could drive and fire a rifle at the same time. Especially easy if they were to aim the rifle out the passenger window, with the barrel resting on the door.

I wonder if LE has been able to contact google / other search engines to find out about any suspicious searches---what a needle in a haystack---there are probably all kinds of wierdos searching all kinds of things.

I think he might move south again. Jmo

Just a thought---maybe the nujob(s) lives in Wyoming.

Unlikely I think. Unless he is a Wyomingite who happens have a grudge against Coloradans. Otherwise he could just shoot people in Wyoming, without having to drive to another state.

Unlikely I think. Unless he is a Wyomingite who happens have a grudge against Coloradans. Otherwise he could just shoot people in Wyoming, without having to drive to another state.

Well, we've seen in cases where the perp travels in order to separate himself from the crime...trying to think of some examples, can't think of any lol....

Ok, here's an example. Nate Tallman. Went missing near where we are talking about. Perp lived in Berthoud, iirc. They found Nate's body just over the state line iirc, in Wyoming.

Maybe in the Brighton area or south on a street with an 'L'? I know I tend to read into a lot of things...

or if they have some sort of device / frame / holder /support gadget set up...Malvo and Co had a hole in their trunk iirc...

But they might not want to have such a thing set up in case they get pulled over...as mentioned earlier by Foxfire re: the .22 rifle, they might want to break it down and hide it asap, not have evidence of something installed in their car...

Who knows...the more I learn, the less I know.

Upstream in Forager's maps, we can see a potential pattern of possibly up to 50 miles radius wise. Isn't it about that distance to Wyoming straight shot north? :lookingitup:

Maybe the Wyoming angle is way off, food for thought though. Just not sure if he would kill in his own backyard...we see child molestors, etc hunt closeby---a serial shooter, I'm not so sure about. He might view it as an excursion...

While we have Wyoming straight north, we have Denver straight south.

Just thinking out loud....

I wonder if LE has been able to contact google / other search engines to find out about any suspicious searches---what a needle in a haystack---there are probably all kinds of wierdos searching all kinds of things.

I hope they are not wasting their time doing that. It could take them years to analyze that much data. Plus as you can see, people like me Google all kinds of random crap. I do at least a hundred Google searches a day. 99% of the searches have nothing to do with me personally.

I hope they are not wasting their time doing that. It could take them years to analyze that much data. Plus as you can see, people like me Google all kinds of random crap. I do at least a hundred Google searches a day. 99% of the searches have nothing to do with me personally.

Well, I think a search term like "firing a rifle from a moving car" would be kind of worth looking at, or something like that...I know what you mean, but if LE has specific ballistic information, say hypothetically a potato silencer or something like that, and that was searched, it could be useful...especially if the searcher is in the area...

IIRC they have analyzed searches in terrorist investigations, as particularly related to bombs, etc....

I love bouncing off ideas with you guys. You guys are straight shooters, excuse the term. :(

(Hey, re: me wanting to be Kelly, and profile pics, my little labbies actually do kind of look like Charlie's Angles, lol....)

logo4.jpg

So, upstream, there was the report of a vehicle shot out in Wyoming with a .308 Rifle...

Thoughts on this as a potential weapon? (not saying its related to the Wyoming incident, just wondering about the weapon itself mostly...)

What do you guys think about Brighton?

Certainly possible, but I doubt it. It's too far south. That would be a 50 mile drive for some of the incidents. If the perpetrator is that far south, he could just as easily be in the North part of the Denver Metro Area (Thornton, Westminster, etc.) Those locations would at least be a straight drive up I-25. If the perpetrator was in Brighton, I think there would be more incidents on I-76, then I-25.

Certainly possible, but I doubt it. It's too far south. That would be a 50 mile drive for some of the incidents. If the perpetrator is that far south, he could just as easily be in the North part of the Denver Metro Area (Thornton, Westminster, etc.) Those locations would at least be a straight drive up I-25. If the perpetrator was in Brighton, I think there would be more incidents on I-76, then I-25.

Thanks, I'm sorry, I should have been more clear with my question...I was actually referring to the shattering incidents there last year, wondering if you guys think there's a relation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed