CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice its a side window. I have never even heard of road debri kicking up and breaking out a side window. That seems strange in itself.

I would think road debri would normally break a front windshield. Like if the car or truck in front kicked up something off its tires and it hits the front windshied of your vehicle. Never thought road debri could take out a side window.
Hmmmm

Agreed. I have had at least four windshields spider web on me from road debris, but I have never had a window shatter like that. No way are all these shattered windows a coincidence.

Expert on serial shootings analyzes NoCo incidents http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/07/northern-colorado-serial-shootings/28665905/
*video at link

635693133921420841-Still0607-00000.jpg
A makeshift memorial for Willaim Connole in Loveland who was gunned down on Wednesday in an incident possibly related....
Photo: Andrew Christman, KUSA

"Bouchard said the public's help is critical when one of the only constants is unpredictability itself.

"People tend to talk about what they've done," Bouchard said. "If people hear about it, that's how you solve these kinds of cases."

Margarita25, I can't get over the enormous help that Forager's mapping has provided in this case..
I find it interesting that todays shattered window incident appears to be virtually right on top of the 04/21/2015 jail van shattered window incident.. If the incident were related to the CO serial shooter investigation. I have to wonder what the intended message would be..

Indeed. And iirc, the jail van incident directly preceeded the shooting of CR.
Also, there was another shattering incident on an LE vehicle (narcotics?) iirc.

Forager's mapping is invaluable to this thread. A lot of time, skill, work and effort.

Weld sheriff technicians find no bullet after car window shattered on I-25

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/...33|met:0000300|cat:0|order:2&/?source=dailyme

"Weld County Sheriff investigators combed through a vehicle with a shattered window on Interstate 25 Sunday and found no bullet."

Snip

"During April, the sheriff's office received reports of 22 broken windshields, about 13 of those along I-25, sheriff's spokesman Sean Standridge said."

20150607__cdxxDIGGINS_HR_864~p1_200.jpg
(7News)

I've refreshed the "Times Table" table that spreads most of the various shooting and shattering incidents by the day of the week and the time of day on which they occurred. It now includes the Connole shooting, yesterday's "shattering" and a few earlier incidents that I'd only learned of since the last update.

Time table 3 6_7_15.png

The table links to the list of incidents that we have been maintaining on the case spreadsheet linked here:

Case Spreadsheet and Times Table

Forager, your map and table are extremely helpful. Thanks. :)

Margarita25, I can't get over the enormous help that Forager's mapping has provided in this case..
I find it interesting that todays shattered window incident appears to be virtually right on top of the 04/21/2015 jail van shattered window incident.. If the incident were related to the CO serial shooter investigation. I have to wonder what the intended message would be..

Without the map I would be completely lost! Lol
Maybe the windows prior to the jail van had nothing to do with our shooter? Maybe they are taunting police by starting over? Giving LE a second chance to catch them? In their twisted mind it just might make them even more confident.

ETA: maybe I shouldn't post before I'm fully awake? Lol

http://www.reporterherald.com/news/...33|met:0000300|cat:0|order:2&/?source=dailyme

By Tom McGhee and Bruce Finley
The Denver Post

"Weld County Sheriff investigators combed through a vehicle with a shattered window on Interstate 25 Sunday and found no bullet."

Snip

"During April, the sheriff's office received reports of 22 broken windshields, about 13 of those along I-25, sheriff's spokesman Sean Standridge said."

Thanks for noticing that bit about LE's list of shattering incidents in the McGhee / Finley piece in the Denver Post. It suggests that LE and the Press have been good about getting word out about the shatterings that happened in April, and that we aren't missing many:

" During April, the [Weld County] Sheriff's Office received reports of 22 broken windshields [__ we're showing 20 shattered windows for April __], about 13 of those along I-25 [__we also show 13 on I-25 or its frontage road__], sheriff's spokesman Sean Standridge said.

No figures have been compiled yet for May because county investigators are focused the May 18 killing of a man riding his bike near Windsor, Standridge said. Another man was shot and killed in Loveland Wednesday night."

I had wondered if that might not be the case. I do hope that they eventually release those reports, and that they include the times and directions involved.

Snip

View attachment 76023
(7News)

<BBM for Focus>

After researching and doing some deep thinking throughout the night, til the crack of dawn. I think I may have a very good idea of what the intended message by the perp<singular> would be..

Is it any surprise that Weld County Sheriff technicians found no bullet/projectile after the car window shattered on I-25 yesterday?
Does it seem to be coincidental that the jail van incident immediately preceded the shooting of CR, or the shattering of the window incident of the LEA narcotics vehicle? Or is there an obvious pattern emerging? Why does it seem that the perp is always one step ahead of task force investigators?

Imo, ATF AD Bouchard, revealed some very significant details of what investigators are likely up against in the CO Shooter Task Force investigation.
Bouchard explained the difficulties in these investigations, when each incident happens at a different time of day, with a different type of victim, in a unique location.
Brouchard said, "If you can link the bullets from the victims, the projectiles, and if they're coming from the same gun, that makes it easier to link them," Bouchard said. He added that if the shooter changes his method or firearm, the investigation grows more difficult.

Imo, the perp is utilizing frangible ammunition and multiple firearms to confuse investigators. Frangible ammunition is being used by many, if not most, State, Local, and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.. from my info, including the Denver PD.. Some brands of frangible ammunition lead to a type of fouling of the rifle barrel called tinning. Tinning does not allow the bullet to contact the barrel and lead to no defined land or grooved engraved areas on recovered test fires of copper jacketed bullets.

ATF AD Bouchard, also said that people tend to talk about what they have done. This is called leakage; a term coined by retired FBI BAU/BSU Roger L. Depue. Leakage basically means that a person will consciously or subconsciously unintentionally leak information to others. Imo, in other words, 'Blame the brain, it simply doesn't like to tell lies'.

Imo, the CO Serial Shooter will likely be an experienced, recently fired<March/April/2015>, disgruntled veteran LEO, familiar with, but not residing in the immediate geographical area of the shooting incidents. Imo, this is likely the motive for the extreme silence and refusal to share info with the public by investigators in the CO Serial Shooter/likely serial killer investigation..

http://www.9news.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/07/northern-colorado-serial-shootings/28665905/
<snipped & BBM>

"People tend to talk about what they've done," Bouchard said. "If people hear about it, that's how you solve these kinds of cases."

Police also won't say if there's a definitive pattern, or what evidence could connect all three.

Former ATF Assistant Director Mike Bouchard has led investigations of serial shooters. In a phone interview, Bouchard explained the difficulties in these investigations, when each incident happens at a different time of day, with a different type of victim, in a unique location.

"If you can link the bullets from the victims, the projectiles, and they're coming from the same gun, that makes it easier to link them," Bouchard said. He added that if the shooter changes his method or firearm, the investigation grows more difficult.

Bouchard said the public's help is critical when one of the only constants is unpredictability itself.

<Frangible ammunition>The forensic aspects of contemporary disintegrating rifle bullets.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23361072

Frangible Ammunition for Law Enforcement Training/Duty Use? A Review.
http://snakerivershootingproducts.c...or-law-enforcement-trainingduty-use-a-review/

NO ERIC GRAY KILLING TIE TO POSSIBLE NOCO SERIAL SNIPER, BUT NEW GLASS SHATTERING
BY MICHAEL ROBERTS

Last week, we told you about the late Wednesday, June 3 murder of Bill Connole, 65, near a Loveland street corner.

We also noted that investigators were looking into the possibility that the homicide was tied to the death of Windsor's John Jacoby and the highway shooting of Cori Romero, both of which took place in prior weeks &#8212; as have a series of thus-far-unexplained northern Colorado window shatterings that may or may not have a connection to a serial sniper.

Law enforcers have yet to definitively tie the Connole slaying to the Jacoby and Romero incidents &#8212; but Loveland police officials are now saying there are enough similarities between the cases to suspect that there may be a link.

Against that backdrop come two more disturbing happenings that took place over the weekend.
SBM
http://www.westword.com/news/no-eri...erial-sniper-but-new-glass-shattering-6785214

Homemade?

I was referring to Foxfire's suspicion the shooter is using frangible bullets that mostly disintegrate on impact...they would be expensive I think...and out of the range of punks...and most likely can't be homemade...

I was referring to Foxfire's suspicion the shooter is using frangible bullets that mostly disintegrate on impact...they would be expensive I think...and out of the range of punks...and most likely can't be homemade...

The other day I googled "exploding bullets" and "exploding ammunition" and it gets real interesting as there are various types.

The frangible ammunition is more expensive than most standard ammo, but certainly not prohibitively expensive. Its available for most common calibers. You don't often see it on shelves though, so might have to order it. That might give LE something to be able to track down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968