CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Such killers "partly keep going because they like doing it, they like the thrill, they like the idea it's on television, they like the idea that you and I are talking about them at this particular point," said Garrett.

"Even if there are no other victims, you need to regularly bring this back to the public and say we're still working on this, we need your help," he stressed."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ting-task-force-should-engage-public-for-tips

I wonder what they will do if this 3rd shooting isn't the same weapon?
If the ballistics are the only link then what do they do if there is more than one weapon involved?

Great question. Was wondering the same thing, actually. Thanks for putting it into words.

Police Ask for Public to Help Catch Possible Colorado Serial Shooter
Jacob Rascon reports with Erik Oritz, for NBC Nightly News from Loveland, June 5, '15, 12:02 pm et

some screen caps from the news you posted, magz

You rock. Thank you so much. From your image it seems the red is police tape. Was hard to see the black writing in the other photos.

Trajectory lines? I'm still wondering if this means 2 shots? (Or is it just plain police tape---they were out of yellow / comes in red too?)
Eta: Actually, looks like maybe just barrier tape bc it looks like they're in between it?

Note tripod / camera?

Note woman pointing.

attachment-8.jpeg

Good job FHG.

Great question. Was wondering the same thing, actually. Thanks for putting it into words.

I think they would have to still believe it to be connected...
It's not like this is Chicago or Baltimore where it could be unconnected.
Odds are it is, unless the victim is someone who may have been targeted.
So far none of these victims appear to be a likely target. :dunno:

I also wonder if this will escalate like the Beltway snipers did...
Start taunting police and things like that.

I think they would have to still believe it to be connected...
It's not like this is Chicago or Baltimore where it could be unconnected.
Odds are it is, unless the victim is someone who may have been targeted.
So far none of these victims appear to be a likely target. :dunno:

I also wonder if this will escalate like the Beltway snipers did...
Start taunting police and things like that.

There was shattered incident the night before the latest shooting iirc (E. Lincoln?) in front of a car glass/windshield place iirc---I was wondering if that was taunting or just a coincidence..I'm probably over-thinking that though...

(I feel like we somehow have a little bit of an advantage / jump start here because we started sleuthing this well before the second and third shootings, jmo)

Now, will this hard work lead to anything useful to LE? I think Forager's latest map is just spectacular...

I have a long shot tip I might send in...someone suspcious in the neighborhood, lol.

(Now, this brings back memories in JR's case------everyone was suspicious!! Ugh, what a nightmare that was...)

(Note to self---do not chicken out / self-doubt calling it in....its worth a shot.)

Is there an email tip line?

You rock. Thank you so much. From your image it seems the red is police tape. Was hard to see the black writing in the other photos.

Trajectory lines? I'm still wondering if this means 2 shots? (Or is it just plain police tape---they were out of yellow / comes in red too?)
Eta: Actually, looks like maybe just barrier tape bc it looks like they're in between it?

Note tripod / camera?

Note woman pointing.

View attachment 75917

Good job FHG.

There are other images with yellow tape on an outer perimeter, so not sure, but yes, a camera is being used on a tripod focused on the sidewalk behind the car.

Qmfr:

Note tripod / camera?

Note woman pointing.

View attachment 75917

Good job FHG.

http://directives.chicagopolice.org/lt2014/data/a7a57be2-12946bda-6b312-9483-7cdab14bcdee3789.html

"C.A Bureau of Patrol supervisor assigned to oversee the preliminary investigation will normally remain on the scene and ensure that:

1.the crime scene area or location is secured, and:

a.yellow barrier tape is used to create an outer perimeter and staging area when determined appropriate.

b.red barrier tape is used to create an inner perimeter when determined appropriate."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barricade_tape

"Barricade tape is brightly colored tape (often incorporating a two-tone pattern of alternating yellow-black or red-white stripes or the words "Caution" or "Danger" in prominent lettering) that is used to warn or catch the attention of passersby of an area or situation containing a possible hazard. It acts as a minor impediment to prevent accidental entrance to that area or situation and as a result enhances general safety. Barricade tape is also known as construction tape or barrier tape or in reference to the safety hazard involved as caution tape, warning tape, danger tape or hazard tape. In case the tape is used by an organization the tape is named police tape, firefighter tape or traffic control device tape.

The tape is often wrapped and affixed as a visual warning sign and demarcation, for instance against entering a dangerous area, such as an industrial or commercial building site, a roadworks construction site or the scene of an accident[1] or a crime (for crime scene preservation), or against handling inoperative machinery or appliances."

Jacob Rascon reports with Erik Oritz, for NBC Nightly News from Loveland, June 5, '15, 12:02 pm et

GMA report with the same team earlier emphasizes the LE's appeal to the public. Mr. Rascon reports

"now counting on the public to help them stop a killer who they hope isn't just getting started. The intense manhunt picks up again this morning. Investigators say, that tips from the public have been critical to solve past serial shootings,... hoping that the public will come through, yet again.

some screen caps from the news you posted, magz

From the same report, last victim, murdered

Mr. William Connole, a granddad who was said by all those cited as knowing him to have been a lovey, much loved, giving neighbor and family member.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-06-06 at 3.30.42 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2015-06-06 at 3.30.42 AM.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 55
Poor guy. From his hat, a Broncos fan, like Jacoby.

In the video, I have screen caps of where Mr. Connole's body was on the side walk, though it's hard to be sure with images, there seemed to be a wide round aluminum or some metal round pole going up. It's enraging to see him there as such, hurts to see, so I'm not going to post it, but he may have tried to find cover, the thought passed my mind. I hope that's not the case, Mr. Connole was said to have been crossing the street, IIRC.

(It seems the more articles / information that we post, the higher up on google's search results we are becoming, as more tags are hitting...we are now on the first page, before I couldn't even find us (some of that was a lot of cross results with James Holmes' trial)...now that we are coming up easier on google (and also with more media attention and major networks starting to cover the story), I anticipate more guests / viewers here.)

may have something to do with the hour too.

In the video, I have screen caps of where Mr. Connole's body was on the side wake, though it's hard to be sure with this images, there seemed to be a wide round aluminum or some metal round pole going up past the screen of the shot. It's enraging to see him there as such, hurts to see, so I'm not going to post it, but he may have tried to find cover, the thought passed my mind. I hope that's not the case, Mr. Connole was said to have been crossing the street, IIRC.

Thank you for your sensitivity. I too have refrained from posting some images (his family hugging/grieving, which was posted all over msm).

Someone posted earlier that the perp may have a grudge against the police department ie an ex employee or someone who failed the admittance test.

With the activity during the week and none on the weekends could the perp be a wanna-be cop? Perhaps they work as a security guard on the weekends?

I heard years ago that LE and FBI kept track of subscribers of Soldier of Fortune magazine.

If I were LE I would be checking into this as well as military police surplus stores for any recent or suspicious purchases as well.

More videos (sorry if already posted):

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...atch-possible-colorado-serial-shooter-n370551

"Cops say there's one essential element in cracking these types of cases: the public.

"The public is absolutely critical in a case like this," said NBC News law enforcement analyst Jim Cavanaugh. "All these cases are broken by some help from the public."

It was the help of a witness in Kansas City, Missouri, last year who told police she had been followed by another driver and then jotted down his license plate. That driver ended up being the alleged suspect in at least 12 shootings that terrorized three Kansas City-area highways."

(Foxfire, did you write this article? :biggrin: )

(Eta: woah, actually it sounds like me lol:
"Channel what might be fear into being productive," Loveland Police Chief Luke Hecker asked residents during a news conference Thursday.)

<BBM for Focus>

Morning, margarita25. Nope, I didn't write it, but I totally agree with what was said and glad that the msm is paying attention.. One only has to look at the many past high profile serial murder cases to see the one common denominator that separated those that were quickly solved, from those where the victim count kept mounting. The Boston Marathon Bombing case is an excellent example of the value of the American public as an investigative resource ..

I can't remember a single high profile case when a suspected predator's sketch and vehicle description is released by LE via ms media; local & national, that they weren't apprehended within 24 to 36 hours..
"The most important common denominator; Once this info is released to the public, 'the hunter becomes the hunted', and no longer preys on unsuspecting innocent victims"..

Profiling Serial Killers

http://www.academia.edu/2578330/Pro...istics_spread_across_taxonomy_race_and_gender

<snipped - read more @ link>

The misdeeds of Serial Killers have long fascinated the public while, at the same time repulsing and frightening the general population. It is hard to imagine what creates such morbid fascination; however, there are numerous possible reasons for its existence. Serial killers come in all sizes, ages, shapes, color, and groupings.

There are different categories of serial killers, which is perhaps one of the reasons that it is so difficult to profile and classify them. Much of their evil mystique is, however, based upon myth and false presumptions, not scientific fact.

As society evolves and changes so, too, do serial killers and the way they react within society. They learn and adapt, like any other individual. The tentative focus of this research is to take a general look at serial killers, their motivations, methods of operation and try and draw certain possible parallels between distinctive characteristics among serial type killers, and to compare them according to gender, grouping and race. Such research is essential in order to try and recognize common characteristics and variables which may help to identify possible future offenders as well as preventing a possible downward spiral resulting from inadequate investigation and social awareness.

Thanks everyone for your continued research and thought.

Could the shooter be trying to kill with each shooting but isn't very good and/or can only get few shots off in order to escape quickly?

I think Margarita mentioned upthread about it being like a "game". That also came to my mind. The shooter has just a few shots each time they decide to shoot. Like with games, sometimes you "win" and sometimes you lose and game over. Try again later or another day.

It is hard for me to separate viable options and my mind creating strange situations. So forgive me if I'm off. I went far off track with another case and I'm likely to go the opposite direction with this one.

If these are strangers to the shooter (which is sounds like they are) then maybe the shooter is similar to JH and is "mad at mankind". It doesn't matter if these people die because it isn't personal (also similar to JH)?

Have there been any thoughts about connections these 3 people might have? and might have to the shooter?

In the video, I have screen caps of where Mr. Connole's body was on the side walk, though it's hard to be sure with images, there seemed to be a wide round aluminum or some metal round pole going up. It's enraging to see him there as such, hurts to see, so I'm not going to post it, but he may have tried to find cover, the thought passed my mind. I hope that's not the case, Mr. Connole was said to have been crossing the street, IIRC.

Thank you for not posting the picture. Could he have been trying to hold onto the pole for support? Anyone have an idea, based on images if he was shot while crossing the street? Or do you think he was maybe just starting to cross? ( I have this horrible image of the poor man stumbling back to the sidewalk )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey