CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

SugarQueen, did you notice that the comment about the VOI was made over 7 hours ago?

There has now been over 2,330 Shares of the Pick Up Truck Sketch article on the 7 News FB Page Article.. 'WOW'! Amazing Awareness, imo..
https://www.facebook.com/DenverChan...271?comment_id=10153100223803271&notif_t=like

Orange pickup truck may be linked to 2 Loveland shootings, Northern Colorado task force says

SugarQueen, did you notice that the comment about the VOI was made over 7 hours ago?

I didn't catch that. That's weird, the reply to that says it was made 6 hours ago but wasn't there a little while ago. It has to be a glitch somewhere.

Thanks everyone for the breaking news.

I am so glad LE released the sketch too. I wonder if LE has exhausted all their avenues at trying to track down the truck themselves first because I was thinking the same thing that now the perp could just repaint the truck.

LE is hoping someone will recognize whoever owned it even if the owner repaints it now.

This is the pickle LE gets into sometimes with releasing info. The good news is anybody repainting it cant change the model so the public and painting shops like Maaco can be on the lookout for that model if its been painted all of a sudden or recently in the past.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1441291532859931&set=p.1441291532859931&type=1&theater

I do find it a bit odd that the vehicle would be so "unique". IF this is our shooter I would expect them to want to blend in.

ETA: someone out there is sweating now that the vehicle description has been released.

You'd want to keep an old car like that on the road either by choice or necessity, don't you think, Foxfire? Considering the shooter has time and resources to carry on this way, it may indicate the pickup being kept road worthy by choice, which may mean the car received care from the shooter, if not perhaps the people around him as much, may be a fair guess to make, I suppose?

Maybe he's a mechanic or car hobbyist and is one of those types who keeps a lot of cars around to tinker with constantly. If that's true, he will possibly be using multiple vehicles. I feel like this truck would be a pretty stupid choice to use for all of these crimes.

I do find it a bit odd that the vehicle would be so "unique". IF this is our shooter I would expect them to want to blend in.

ETA: someone out there is sweating now that the vehicle description has been released.

<BBM for Focus>

I agree SugarQueen. Guess either way, whether he is responsible for all the shootings or just the two mentioned. He has now become the hunted.

Imo, if he is responsible for the murder of 65-year-old William Roger Connole Jr., then he is likely responsible for the others. Yet, it is difficult to comprehend the classic truck being used in all of the shootings without being spotted. Imo, he must be an independent mechanic, auto de-tailer, or is involved in some other occupation with access to multiple vehicles.

Even if he works for a small shop the daytime shootings /shattered windows could have been during test drives after making repairs on someone's vehicle. I think mechanic or farmhand who tinkers with the farm vehicles is a really solid idea.

https://www.facebook.com/DenverChan...271?comment_id=10153100223803271&notif_t=like
2500 Shares on the TV7 Denver article/Facebook

Just saw a segment on Fox News/Fox & Friends about the VOI in the NOCO Sniper Investigation. Gone National again.. A Salute to the NOCO Shooter Task Force for utilizing their most valuable investigative resource; 'An Aware Citizenry'..via social media/ms media..

Colorado Police Hunting for Highway Shooter Release Pickup Truck Sketch <NBC>
by ERIK ORTIZ

This is a wanted pick-up truck.

Authorities in northern Colorado investigating a string of fatal roadside shootings have released a sketch of a "vehicle of interest" that may have been involved in some of the attacks.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...y-shooter-release-pickup-truck-sketch-n380501

Thinking about that truck more, I wonder if it could have been red? I'm sure the witness/almost victim didn't have much time to see it. Really faded red paint can take on an orange color.

Even if he works for a small shop the daytime shootings /shattered windows could have been during test drives after making repairs on someone's vehicle. I think mechanic or farmhand who tinkers with the farm vehicles is a really solid idea.

There has been some amazingly good suggestions in the last couple days from everyone. Wish Ya'll had access to the resources that LE has because with this great thinking he could have been caught by now with this group we have here. :)

Amazingly good suggestions lately. Things like:

-His truck may have rusted around the gas intake cap which could explain the larger black area needing repaired

-His old truck may have been shot at by other punks and he is taking revenge on the public for his old farm vehicles being shot up on his farm. The black areas could be repair of bullet holes.

-He may be taking clients vehicles out for test drive after repairing them and using client vehicles instead of his. Which would indicate he has a vehicle repair shop or works at one.

-Concensus seems to be body work repair for the black areas.

The one thing I want to add about the color. Some of us have wondered why he would bring out something orange that could stand out BUT since LE has indicated it was FADED and an older model, I am betting it looks more BROWNISH which would not stand out hardly at all with a brownish color. When orange fades and gets really old, I think it could look more on the brownish side. Just a thought about the color that may explain why it is not as obvious as it sounds.

Thinking about that truck more, I wonder if it could have been red? I'm sure the witness/almost victim didn't have much time to see it. Really faded red paint can take on an orange color.

I have been looking up hair coloring sites to see which colors fade to other colors.....LOL

Its amazing the type of websites we must use in our research.

You could be right. I am thinking if we saw this truck in person, I am thinking it doesnt stand out as much as it sounds. Im thinking along the lines of a light brownish, or maybe a Light Bronze color. The sketch is most likely a really good job so there are hints of orange for sure. But I have a strong feeling it is not the type of true orange. Thinking more of a really faded orange.
Maybe almost a rusty, bronzy, light browny orange. LOL

Was there any mention of a license plate on this truck? ie, was there a plate? if so was it a Colorado plate?

I agree SugarQueen. Guess either way, whether he is responsible for all the shootings or just the two mentioned. He has now become the hunted.

Imo, if he is responsible for the murder of 65-year-old William Roger Connole Jr., then he is likely responsible for the others. Yet, it is difficult to comprehend the classic truck being used in all of the shootings without being spotted. Imo, he must be an independent mechanic, auto de-tailer, or is involved in some other occupation with access to multiple vehicles.

I agree with Hatfield, great minds here, thank you so much for persisting. The artist sketch of the truck, based on what the witness accounts came up, the color I would assume is fairly accurate, with such detail as it not being two tone, but one fade orange or light peach, if you will, which may mean the original color may have been sanded down for a new coat. The uniformity of it's fading may mean a work in progress? IIRC, from the map, the areas of the shooting have many industrial areas, parking lots, and car service places a pickup like that would blend in, or as margarita25 pointed out in her eyes on take on where Mr. Jacoby was shot, there were plenty of abandoned structures a pickup could have been stashed.

Was there any mention of a license plate on this truck? ie, was there a plate? if so was it a Colorado plate?

None that I've seen, only that it is definitely a GMC/Chevy older model with round lights, newish looking grill, seems to me, compared to the rest of the pickup. Are there cabs that would go along with it for over the back, white or black would you guess for that model?

I agree with Hatfield, great minds here, thank you so much for persisting. The artist sketch of the truck, based on what the witness accounts came up, the color I would assume is fairly accurate, with such detail as it not being two tone, but one fade orange or light peach, if you will, which may mean the original color may have been sanded down for a new coat, again, the uniformity of it's fading may mean a work in progress?

None that I've seen, only that it is definitely a GMC/Chevy older model with round lights, newish looking grill, seems to me, compared to the rest of the pickup. Are there cabs that would go along with it for over the back, white or black would you guess for that model?

Are you asking about camper shells that could enclose the bed? Yes those exist. My Dad had one on his old chevy truck. I actually had thought about that earlier when i remembered someone (was it Cori Romero?) mention something about a reddish SUV. Could the truck have had a shell on it that made it appear to look more like a suburban at a quick glance? The shell could have been recently removed, especially if the owner is/was preparing to paint it.

Are you asking about camper shells that could enclose the bed? Yes those exist. My Dad had one on his old chevy truck. I actually had thought about that earlier when i remembered someone (was it Cori Romero?) mention something about a reddish SUV. Could the truck have had a shell on it that made it appear to look more like a suburban at a quick glance? The shell could have been recently removed, especially if the owner is/was preparing to paint it.

Exactly! That's what I was wondering since tweaking those videos and comparing them to Cori's description, but then it could mean nothing if the perp can switch cars. It seems like if the two incidents that have been linked and the two incidents tied to each other by the car in Loveland, if it is the same perp, he may have switched weapons as well, as a solid link hasn't been made. If he went to some trouble to avoid a link and was confident enough to hit inside a town like that, what would that say about his effort to not want a link to be obvious or his hits to be assured? A person who survived a shot being taken at them seems to have come forward, so they heard and saw whether it was one or two people possibly, and LE would know, yet the spokesman stayed on the topic of the pickup, so there's a chance that as more information comes in people may remember the an old rusted peach or orange colored pickup having been around the areas of the other incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat