CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might also add that quite a few pistols can not only swap out barrels but different calibers as well. For instance. A glock model 29 which is a 10mm can interchange custom barrels for .40 caliber, .357 sig and 9x25 dillon. And you can use the same magazines.
Many other glocks have interchangeable caliber barrels.
Also the length of a custom barrel has different lands/grooves and the velocity changes as well.

All of these random shooters are copying one another back thru history to the one, original father of it all, some dufus with a spear, sitting on a log somewhere, scratching his *advertiser censored* and watching someone go by on a horse when the moment of seminal genius struck and he thought to himself "Yup. Bet I could hit 'em. That'd sure get 'em talking back at the cave. Yup."
Rsbm

:biggrin:

attachment.php

Attachments

• izs018038.jpg
    izs018038.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 88
I had to drive on I-25 at night this weekend and it was toooootally creepy. Few cars on the road, not much light, blackness all around. I didn't see one cop, but maybe they're not in marked vehicles.

I crossed over mile marker 245, southbound, and noticed there is a bridge type thing that goes over the freeway: Note to self to zoom in on this tomorrow via google satellite images. This is the same mile marker and spot where a driver reported a baseball size hole in his rear window in Feb, according to Forager's spreadsheet (linked in my signature). (I actually messaged FHG as I was going over that mile marker and she told me to quit texting and driving haha...I was riding passenger lol). There have also been other shattering incidents at nearby mile markers per Forager's spreadsheet. I was scanning 360 degrees to see where someone could have been perched (if not in a passing vehicle); the possibilities are endless. There is much open space along this area, as well as various shops, parking lots, what looked like condos, etc. The road was smooth as can be, no debris or construction, etc (of course, CDOT could have updated/smoothed it out recently in light of everything).

Eta: Another thing, depending on which windows are hit (if not "wierd sideways flying road debris" as SQ refers to it), and assuming the possibility of a perched type situation, LE would be able to deduce in my opinion approximately where the shot came from (parking lot, bridge, field, etc) via trajectory analysis. But if they were not even investigating it as such at the time...

I had to drive on I-25 at night this weekend and it was toooootally creepy. Few cars on the road, not much light, blackness all around. I didn't see one cop, but maybe they're not in marked vehicles.

I crossed over mile marker 245, southbound, and noticed there is a bridge type thing that goes over the freeway: Note to self to zoom in on this tomorrow via google satellite images. This is the same mile marker and spot where a driver reported a baseball size hole in his rear window in Feb, according to Forager's spreadsheet (linked in my signature). (I actually messaged FHG as I was going over that mile marker and she told me to quit texting and driving haha...I was riding passenger lol). There have also been other shattering incidents at nearby mile markers per Forager's spreadsheet. I was scanning 360 degrees to see where someone could have been perched (if not in a passing vehicle); the possibilities are endless. There is much open space along this area, as well as various shops, parking lots, what looked like condos, etc. The road was smooth as can be, no debris or construction, etc (of course, CDOT could have updated/smoothed it out recently in light of everything).

Eta: Another thing, depending on which windows are hit (if not "wierd sideways flying road debris" as SQ refers to it), and assuming the possibility of a perched type situation, LE would be able to deduce in my opinion approximately where the shot came from (parking lot, bridge, field, etc) via trajectory analysis. But if they were not even investigating it as such at the time...

RBBM

Now you tell me you weren't driving! Thank you for sharing your look at the area.

Do you think, magz, between the drivers and witnesses available, any images and information or materials collected, that perhaps NOCO Task Force has or could have taken educated guesses on possible perches for the shatterings, in cases where a drive by is not suspected?

Perches would make sense for the shatterings to go on and on, and the perp/s not getting caught. I guess the more information is known specifically about each incident, the easier it will be to distinguish if there are more than one or one set of perps, eventually, as has been the case with the Phoenix I 10 incidents.

attachment.php

merci beaucoup, magz. This is going on the fridge.

Forager, it has been my general impression the your 'guy sitting with a spear theory' may also apply to how some people may choose the mates they pursue. This thread has been so inspiring. SQ, can you help me with my "weird sideways flying road debris" Halloween costume?

rsbm

Do you think, magz, between the drivers and witnesses available, any images and information or materials collected, that perhaps NOCO Task Force has or could have taken educated guesses on possible perches for the shatterings, in cases where a drive by is not suspected?

Yes. Absolutely, imo.

rsbm
Forager, it has been my general impression the your 'guy sitting with a spear theory' may also apply to how some people may choose the mates they pursue.

( :biggrin:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

*O/T I know...Hopefully the mods will allow it for a little levity :heart: )

Attachments

• marriage-relationships-cavemen-evolution-evolving-learned-cave-12266570_low.jpg
    marriage-relationships-cavemen-evolution-evolving-learned-cave-12266570_low.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 51
  • rock_caveman_mother_232315.jpg
    rock_caveman_mother_232315.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 47
  • marriage-relationships-cavemen-cavewoman-neanderthal-evolve-evolving-rman14929_low.jpg
    marriage-relationships-cavemen-cavewoman-neanderthal-evolve-evolving-rman14929_low.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 47
  • marriage-relationships-cave-cavemen-cave_men-wife-husband-rde4326_low.jpg
    marriage-relationships-cave-cavemen-cave_men-wife-husband-rde4326_low.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 47
  • marriage-relationships-caveman-wife-walk-erect-bipedal-rman14171_low.jpg
    marriage-relationships-caveman-wife-walk-erect-bipedal-rman14171_low.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 48
Re: the recent press conference:

"Family members of Bill Connole, who was shot and killed in downtown Loveland on June 4, were at the press conference held outside of the Loveland Police Department.

"[The police] didn't tell us about this press conference, when we were told we would be hearing about all these things," daughter Yelena Connole said. "I found out about it on Facebook. ... I don't have much to say about the investigation or our personal life, but I am displeased with how they are dealing with the evidence they obtained from us. ... And one of those computers dad built just so that the kids would always had a computer for school.""

Snip

"Anybody who knew him knew how wonderful (Connole) was," Yelena Connole said. "There's not much more. He was also a very private man, so we try to respect that.""

attachment.php

"David Moore, public inforamation officer for the Northern Colorado Task Force, gives an update Thrusday, Sept. 17, 2015, about the investigation of shootings in northern Colorado. The task force also announced Thursday that the Federal Bureau of Investigation is now increasing its reward offer to $50,000 for information leading to arrest, prosecution and conviction for the responsible party of the original shooting. (Photo by Jenny Sparks/Loveland Reporter-Herald) (Jenny Sparks)"

(Golly, reporter typos...)

"Moore said that the task force is monitoring seemingly random shootings throughout the country — he said none of which have yet been connected to the region's four shootings.

"(The Northern Colorado shootings) do appear to be random in nature," Moore said."

http://www.reporterherald.com/ci_28829523/task-force-investigates-2-firearm-incidents

Attachments

• 20150917_121258_0918NWSTaskForcePress1-js_400.jpg
    20150917_121258_0918NWSTaskForcePress1-js_400.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 86
Hmmmm (possibly o/t):

Two arrested in Pierce after reported road rage incident
http://www.greeleytribune.com/news/18279326-113/two-arrested-in-pierce-after-reported-road-rage#

"The Weld County Sheriff’s office received a call at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday about the incident. The person who called about the incident said the offenders were in a blue Dodge truck with a gun near U.S. 85 and Colo. 392.

Officials arrested two males at about 2:50 p.m. Saturday at the vehicle by 3rd Street and Schafer Avenue in Pierce. Richard Meyer and Jesse Maes were transported to the Weld County Jail."

Also, very possibly o/t, there was an accident this morning, very likely no relation, but the location peaked my interest, as so do so many others. I'm curious to check the map and see if this is in a hot spot.

"The closured occurred about 7:40 a.m. The accident and road closure are at approximately Weld County Road 13, which is about three miles east of I-25."

*I read somewhere it was a single vehicle rollover.
Eta: link in progress
*actually, it appears to be a totally different incident, my bad:

"The one-vehicle rollover crash occurred at U.S. 34 and Weld County Road 3 about 7 a.m."
http://www.coloradoan.com/story/new...h-johnstown-results-driver-fatality/72556548/

Fox News: 'On The Record with Greta Van Susteren..

"AZ Officials Hoping the I-10 Shootings are over.. But is it"?

Greta interviewed the director of the Arizona Department of Public Safety Colonel Frank L. Milstead: 'says they are confident that they have the right guy; LAM Jr.
Possibly other accomplices with LAM and or Copycats'.. 'Investigation continues'

FindHG said:
rsbm
Forager, it has been my general impression the your 'guy sitting with a spear theory' may also apply to how some people may choose the mates they pursue.

( :biggrin:

attachment.php

Wait a second! Who are we talking about here? I leave the thread for a day and all hell breaks loose. This is blatant... well, blatant something or other. Montjoy, where are you when I need you!? Enforce some decorum here! Someone, HELP!

This is a bit a follow up to a window shattering incident in New Jersey that we had heard about over the weekend. The police have decided to drop earlier concerns that it was the result of an attack. I don't see any reason to second guess them in this case. A distinguishing feature of this incident, in contrast to the I-25 shatterings, is that it seems to be an isolated incident. I had to go back to 2007 to find any other stories about mysterious vehicle window shatterings in New Jersey or Penn.

Associated Press via NORTHJERSEY.COM : NEWS
Authorities: Smashed state police car window on I-78 not an attack

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, NJ — State police have determined that a patrol vehicle window that was mysteriously smashed over the weekend was not an attack on a trooper... . Authorities still have not determined what caused the incident. A State Police spokesman says it "could be as simple" as a rock being kicked up by a passing truck tire. Authorities [had] shut down the highway in both directions while they investigated the cause of the damage and searched the area.

An quick but interesting piece on pawn shops providing evidence:

By: Jessica Flores
POSTED:SEP 21 2015 04:52PM MST
UPDATED:SEP 21 2015 07:04PM MST
Valley pawn shop crucial in arrest of I-10 shootings suspect

... [One pawn shop owner, Mario] Escamilla says pawn shops across the valley partner with police. State law requires shops to collect fingerprints and identification from sellers, plus every transaction is video recorded. That system is what DPS said helped lead them to the I-10 shooting suspect.

"There's a police log detail that we inform the police department on a daily basis, so they know exactly what we take and who we take it from," said Escamilla... .

That being said though, the whole crime spree itself of just randomly shooting up cars on a freeway is pretty stupid too, because clearly its open space with a lot of people and cops and cameras, and they do crime like this out in the open? The suspect is bound to get caught. So again, maybe the real criminal ain't the smartest tool in the shed either, in that case it would give credence to the current suspect. i.e. its some gun nut redneck with zero sophistication doing stupid illegal crap not giving any thought to his actions at all, no different to 'shooting squirrels' out in the woods.

I do agree with the fact that our suspect here might not be the smartest of the spree shooters out there. But I do have to disagree that it is easy to catch a spree shooter. I think it is the opposite. They have no motive, no selected aim to shoot. If the police have 24/7 eyes on the I-10, he can simply go to another highway... Besides it's a highway, no one is going to walk around on those roads. Everyone's going in 75mi/hour or more. In the early morning, there's going to be no traffic, people would just zoom away.
The only way to get them is through the forensics concerning the bullet and the type of gun might narrow the search down. There are always illegal way to get guns. I don't know if it is common in this country but in my home country, there are ways to get unregistered guns. I don't know about the number of cameras in highways but there are around 200,000 vehicles going on that road everyday. I don't know if it is that easy. I think we are very lucky that he bought the gun from a very transparent pawn shop which is sincere in sharing and updating information with the police department.

P.S. I was just driving out of my gated community and I saw 4-5 police cars and a car getting towed in the middle of a busy road. I wonder what that's about

An quick but interesting piece on pawn shops providing evidence:

By: Jessica Flores
POSTED:SEP 21 2015 04:52PM MST
UPDATED:SEP 21 2015 07:04PM MST
Valley pawn shop crucial in arrest of I-10 shootings suspect

... [One pawn shop owner, Mario] Escamilla says pawn shops across the valley partner with police. State law requires shops to collect fingerprints and identification from sellers, plus every transaction is video recorded. That system is what DPS said helped lead them to the I-10 shooting suspect.

"There's a police log detail that we inform the police department on a daily basis, so they know exactly what we take and who we take it from," said Escamilla... .

Apparently, LAM speaking up to the judge about his gun, may not have helped his case. Now if they have him on video and recorded as having lied, he perjured himself too, in court.

BTW, in reference to your avatar Forager, this is what Wilma looked like, roughly, in those days.

080917-neanderthal-photo_big.jpg

"Meet Wilma—named for the redheaded Flintstones character—the first model of a Neanderthal based in part on ancient DNA evidence."

Good evening. Nice Avatar, Forager. :)

Re: my post #616 and zooming on Forager's case map (linked in my signature), it appears the overhead bridge like thing I was referring to at mm 245 must be 34...it was so dark, and I must have missed the sign when I was messaging FHG, not very good sleuthing on my part.

Forager do you know how old these satellite images are linked on your map?

Moving South on the map (satellite view) from mm 245:

"Shat. 4/27/15

A Longmont Police Officer in a narcotics pickup truck reported the rear passenger window shattering. Southbound I-25 just before the Highway 119 off ramp. Source: Marshall, Zelinger 7 News Denver: http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...indow-incidents-on-northern-colorado-highways

*rear window again (same as 245).

And a "narcotics pick up truck"."

*zooming in, this also has a "half" cross road nearby (24 1/2)...

Thinking out loud...

Further movement south, cross at Hwy 7...

* Possible Lateral travel / movement, east & west, but firing north & south from the crossroads?

*I want to go back to April.

NOCO Shootings

Romero shot 4/22/15

Jacoby Shot 5/18/15

Shot Missed 6/3/15

Connole Shot 6/3/15

NOCO Shatterings, etc.

Shat. 1/23/15

Shat. 2/22/15

Shat. 4/8/15

Shat. 4/16/15

Shat. 4/21/15 jail van

Shat. 4/22/1

Shat. 4/23/15 1/2

Shat. 4/23/15 2/2

Door shot 4/25/15

Shat. 4/27/15

Shat. 4/28/15 1/3

Shat. 4/28/15 2/3

Shat. 4/28/15 3/3

Shat. 4/29/15 1/4

Shat. 4/29/15 2/4

Shat. 4/29/15 3/4

Shat. 4/29/15 4/4

Shat. 4/30/15

Shat. 5/7/15

Shat. 5/11/15

Shat. 5/12/15

Shat. 6/2/15

Shat. 6/7/15

Shat. 6/15/15

Shat. 6/16/15

Shat. 8/20/15

Shat. 8/21/15

Shat. 8/23/15

Shat. 8/27/15

Shat. 8/31/15 1/2

Moving south, cross at 144th...

*I think firing north and south from above from the east west crossroads while traveling laterally would provide the vantage point, as well as quick/easy exit out of the area. And less opportunity for witnesses.

*overpasses. ..
*frontage roads...

Good evening. Nice Avatar, Forager. :)

Forager do you know how old these satellite images are linked on your map?

I don't know how to find the dates for the imagery. I'll try again to learn how tomorrow.

And thanks for the avatar. It really captures my eyes, I think.

I'm delighted to see you trying to squeeze some understanding out of those lists I see below. I always assumed that answers would be found in them, but have never been able to extract them myself. I think that you are on the right track thinking that he shoots from off of the road, but have to confess that I can't put up much of an arguement for that.

Wierd, I posted/referred to/came across "34" twice today; one was re: one of today's car accidents, the other one re mm 245...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966