CO - Possible Serial Shooter Has Colorado Drivers on Edge #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
< snipped in response for focus >

The weather is gorgeous here, they say our first snow should be moving in soon. I wonder how and if winter will play a role in the case of our mysterious Noco shootings.

Good thought. I suppose that the shooter(s) could manage the cold, even when shooting from the roadside, but I'm guessing that having snow on the ground would make him stand out as unusual for walking around in the snow, and would leave footprints.

How unusual is it during warm weather to see people on foot on the side of I-25 or on its overpasses?

http://www.9news.com/story/news/traffic/2015/11/04/shattered-window-i-25-suv/75164598/

"The driver of an SUV was startled Wednesday morning when their front passenger window shattered."

Adams County is southeast of Fort Collins, and includes part of Denver.

Thanks for posting. Also from the above link:

"Officers and the crime lab responded because of recent unsolved shootings of vehicles on I-25 in northern Colorado.

In this case, there is no indication of a gunshot. There are four lanes to the right of the fast lane, so authorities believe the window may have shattered due to flying debris.

In the meantime, the vehicle is being processed by the crime-lab unit as a precautionary measure."

Eta: Yay! We finally have confirmation that the vehicle is being processed by the crime lab.

Good thought. I suppose that the shooter(s) could manage the cold, even when shooting from the roadside, but I'm guessing that having snow on the ground would make him stand out as unusual for walking around in the snow, and would leave footprints.
Rsbm

Good thought back at ya. While there are some clear disadvantages for the shooter(s) in the snow, etc, I am afraid the weather could also possibly be advantageous to them in ways I not think is wise to post. Jmo

(Going to look at the spreadsheet to see what we have in the winter of last year. Of course there could be stuff not reported or considered suspicious at the time.)

(Also I saw something that caught my eye very recently, maybe the night before last re: Adams County, but I didn't post it because believe it or not, I am trying very hard to stay on topic lol. I'm also trying to narrow my focus to certain "zones", while keeping an eye on the big picture. If the case goes cold, for example Lizzie and Lyric's case, we or someone one day might want to go back, and at the time you never what might be significant later...it's kind of like better safe than sorry...)

Thanks Foxfire for finding that article. It gave me a scary thought...can you imagine if they catch our shooter(s) and decide not to release their identity/identities? That would drive us NUTS! :biggrin: (Who knows, maybe they already have been caught? :wink:)

Whatever the case, I just want whoever cowardly mowed down these innocent people caught. Plain and Simple, especially as a local. Of course this case is very unique, and different from most others. Thanks again to all for hanging in here continously and contributing.

Wait a minute, "recent unsolved shootings of vehicles on I-25 in northern Colorado." Post 956.

Liberty taken by the writer? Other than Romero...am I forgetting an additional unsolved incident which was proven and confirmed by LE to be a shooting on a vehicle (at least in our northern zone?) Maybe I'm spacing out here or having a brainfart, but can the above quoted statement be taken at face value as far as confirmation of shooting at vehicles as in plural?

The irony...one of Saturday's victims, the bicyclist, the first one shot...he was an Iraq war veteran...did 3 tours in Iraq.

thedenverchannel.com (url problems still, sorry)

Also from 7news,
Colorado Springs Police release 911 calls from Halloween shooting, say call-takers followed policy

Snip

"CSPD uses a six-level priority system, where No. 6 is the lowest and No. 1 is for the most urgent and life-threatening situations.

Police acknowledge in their summary that the ERT did mention the open carry laws. However, that accounts for only a few short seconds of the call.

"Well, it is an open carry state, so he can have a weapon with him or walking around with it. But, of course, having those gas cans does seem pretty suspicious, so we're going to keep the call going for that," the ERT said during the 911 call."

O/t, this reminds me, I saw a "suspicious" guy walking down the street yesterday and I gave it a second glance, then thought, "oh, no worries, looks like the poor guy just ran out of gas (since he had a gas can)...then I was like wait, gas can?! Sad but true, that I had to even have the thought that I hope he's not going to burn something down...

(Insert corny but sincere poetry, but I am seriously reflecting as I look out at the rainy night with snowfall due to approach tomorrow...)

"As rain turns to snow,
will we ever know
who killed Jacoby,
who killed Connole...

And does it matter
that the windows did shatter...
Does it matter
That the windows still shatter?"

(Insert corny but sincere poetry, but I am seriously reflecting as I look out at the rainy night with snowfall due to approach tomorrow...)

"As rain turns to snow,
will we ever know
who killed Jacoby,
who killed Connole...

And does it matter
Does it matter

Margarita25, your poem reminds of the 'Shattered Crystal Vase' analogy;

Shattered - The Seven Year Search For Billy Smolinski Jr.

http://www.waterburyobserver.org/node/402

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue into who killed Billy on August 24th, 2004. When patched together the vase reveals the gruesome truth of who murdered Billy, and why. The vase points to the spot Billy is buried in the Naugatuck Valley.

In the best of circumstances it would take a master craftsman to cobble that broken vase back together, but what if the glass is left on the floor for weeks, for months, for seven years? Glass gets kicked around into the living room, the dining room and gets jammed into the rubber soles of your shoes and is transported into the yard, into town, and across state borders.

You send investigators into each room to collect glass, but shockingly they refuse to share what they gather with the other investigators. With ego and selfishness erupting all around you, what are the chances of ever getting that vase glued back together?

"As rain turns to snow,
will we ever know
who killed Jacoby,
who killed Connole...

And does it matter
Does it matter

I remembered your poem, magz, driving around in the rain today, all of it, at that.
So nice and perfectly said, thank you for writing and sharing it. Means a lot.

Wait a minute, "recent unsolved shootings of vehicles on I-25 in northern Colorado." Post 956.

Liberty taken by the writer? Other than Romero...am I forgetting an additional unsolved incident which was proven and confirmed by LE to be a shooting on a vehicle (at least in our northern zone?) Maybe I'm spacing out here or having a brainfart, but can the above quoted statement be taken at face value as far as confirmation of shooting at vehicles as in plural?

I think that that line about "recent unsolved shootings of vehicles on I-25 in northern Colorado" is an acknowledgement that the reporter understands what is happening, and that she feels confident that she can get away with acknowledging it even in the absence of confirmation from LE. They've never acknowledged that the bulk of the I-25 shattering are deliberate, but they know damned well by now that that is the case, and are in no position to complain that the reporter overstepped.

Here is a shot of the area of the latest shooting. I think that the location is pretty accurate on this one. We know that the window shattered "just south of highway 7" and have a photo of the car where it stopped a hundred yards north of the highway 7 overpass. It was the front passenger side window of the northbound car that was shattered, so the shot must have come from the right (the west). My money is on a shot from the escarpement, as opposed to one from another car. The window was hit to the north of the highway 7 exit ramp, so a shooter from another car would have had to have passed in front of the victim's car and kept driving for at least two more miles until he could exit from I-25.

Screenshot 2015-11-05 at 3.35.02 PM.png

Yesterday's shot is mapped as an orange circle, below. It's right by a 5/11/15 shattering.

Screenshot 2015-11-05 at 4.55.05 PM.png

Here's a link to the case map.

Numerous car windows shot out over Halloween weekend
POSTED 9:34 PM, NOVEMBER 4, 2015, BY WEB STAFF

The windows of over 50 parked vehicles were shot out in Brighton (just north of Denver) and in Jefferson County (just south west of Denver). There had been two series of similar vandalism in Brighton in October and November last year. I doubt that any of them were committed by the highway shooters we are looking for, but they reinforce the suspicion that there is something going on in the local culture that makes shooting at cars appealing.

Rsbm

attachment.php

Yesterday's shot is mapped as an orange circle, below. It's right by a 5/11/15 shattering.

attachment.php

Here's a link to the case map.

An additional photo (source kwgn.com):

attachment.php

Adam's County Sheriff's Office was investigating a window shattered on I-25, just south of Highway 7.

Also, note proximity to 4/28 (hot zone & time period imo, multiple incidents, etc discussed upstream) incident 1/3. That was SB per map.
Close to the Centura Building as well.

Aren't there cameras right there? You can see the traffic lights in the photo...

ETA also noticing E Baseline, that crosses 287 and runs west all the way to Boulder.

Also, the toll road (NW Pkwy) is just south of there, see map, doubt the toll road would be used?

Attachments

• shattered-window.jpg
    shattered-window.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 98
"As rain turns to snow,
will we ever know
who killed Jacoby,
who killed Connole...

And does it matter
Does it matter

I remembered your poem, magz, driving around in the rain today, all of it, at that.
So nice and perfectly said, thank you for writing and sharing it. Means a lot.

Thanks. I stopped myself on the next verse about the truck.

attachment.php

Adam's County Sheriff's Office was investigating a window shattered on I-25, just south of Highway 7.

Also, note proximity to 4/28 (hot zone & time period imo, multiple incidents, etc discussed upstream) incident 1/3. That was SB per map.

Aren't there cameras right there? You can see the traffic lights in the photo...

ETA also noticing E Baseline, that crosses 287 and runs west all the way to Boulder.

Also, the toll road (NW Pkwy) is just south of there, see map, doubt the toll road would be used?

I think that there are cameras right there means everything, possibly. Same pattern of near a ramp, no clue, not seen, all the situations seem too well controlled to be random or get caught, consistently. Either a team of people communicating with each other or they could have some fail safe surveillance system of minimizing their/his risk. If it's not hacking into traffic cams somehow, then maybe it could be easier to setup their own system around the ramps without being noticed.

Numerous car windows shot out over Halloween weekend
POSTED 9:34 PM, NOVEMBER 4, 2015, BY WEB STAFF

The windows of over 50 parked vehicles were shot out in Brighton (just north of Denver) and in Jefferson County (just south west of Denver). There had been two series of similar vandalism in Brighton in October and November last year. I doubt that any of them were committed by the highway shooters we are looking for, but they reinforce the suspicion that there is something going on in the local culture that makes shooting at cars appealing.

North Austin Vandals Are Shooting Out Car Windows
Police believe the vandals are driving down streets in the Wooten neighborhood and shooting from a vehicle.
North Austin-Pflugerville, TX

Off Topic:

Less random, but still, this is a woman shooting in this case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local...sored*-move-playing-car-led-teen-getti/npHNT/

attachment.php

That view is of he victim car after it pulled over to the side of northbound I-25 and north of the overpass. (The photographer is looking southwest. He is standing on the eastern side of I-25 just about 100 yards north of the highway 7 overpass). The window shattered while the driver was still south of the overpass.

But it's academic. One side of the overpass looks very much like the other, with easy access and lots of places to hop into a car. To judge from the photo you posted, you could sit in the passenger seat of a car and shoot down at the road from the overpass or the exit ramp. The ranges involved are well with the capacity of a strong airgun rifle or a 22 pistol.

Shooting from exit ramps would probably offer a safer getaway than shooting from on ramps. I'll have to see how that stacks up with what we know about some of the other I-25 incidents.

From 7news / thedenverchannel.com:

"COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Authorities say a man who killed three people during a rampage in Colorado Springs was armed with three guns he purchased legally six years earlier.

The El Paso County sheriff's office said that 33-year-old Noah Harpham had an AR-15 rifle, a 9 mm pistol and a .357 revolver when officers fatally shot him Saturday."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel