CO - Richard & Mayumi Heene charged in Balloon Boy hoax, Fort Collins, 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe cops sure didn't search the house very good, now did they!!
Hi LilP reminds me of Jonbenet with a better ending. As in LE not searching the house because they assumed something else was going on.

Why would anyone want to call CPS. What a joke... :furious: The morons that work at CPS can't seem to save the kids they investigate. How many stories have we all read... the poor starving babies in Escambia county that the female egg donor takes off and leaves for the weekend with 6 jello cups??? Gee... CPS had been over there several times. The children were under-weight and they did NOTHING!!! Now one of the twins is dead. That's only one story. If this wasn't a PR stunt... Then this is just kids being kids. I don't care what show these people have been on but kids do stupid things. I know I have done them too. I climbed all over the roof of our house. The houses were two story townhomes and the kids in our quad would walk back and forth across to see eachother. I had most excellent parents. They were strict if anything. They had no idea I was walking on the second story roof. I am sick of Jane Velez Mitchell not only is she snarky but her and her panel are screamy but an hour on this story. C'mon! Poor little Lindsay Baum... Michael Jackson died around the day of this child's disappearance and there was absoulutely nothing, no stories and she's still missing.

Yes, these parents may need to rein these kids in but they are healthy and happy. That's more than I can say for the rest of these deadbeat parents. Can't we all be happy the little boy is alive and drop the call "CPS" lines. I haven't ever heard one single story about CPS that was good, especially from the poor children stuck in their system and certainly not from the poor dead ones....

I had to vent, sorry for venting so much but not for what I said. BTW this wasn't directed at any specific person or post. I dont want to be banned but CPS ticks me off to no end!!!:banghead:

MOO!!!

crystalgenie, I don't think people would be so critical of the parents just because of today's incident, but for all we have seen from the music video and the Wife Swap show. It's just the way all these things add up, imo.

(I don't have much trust in CPS, either, fwiw.)

Hi LilP reminds me of Jonbenet with a better ending. As in LE not searching the house because they assumed something else was going on.

In that case I think they failed to search the house- and also to do a lot of other stuff- out of intimidation due to the family's status in the community.
We have a very cold murder case of a child here in Omaha with I think the same principle involved.
I don't think the family in this situation have connections so maybe they will get to the truth, not to mention that they probably ticked off LE real good.

I agree. The dad is a complete jerk with a juvenile caveman mentality. Look at his behavior, look at the fact that the parents condoned the video the kids made---he has no respect for women, or for people in general and neither do the kids. Letting those children swear and put up their middile finger? The wife is a puppet to them. You let me have them for a month, I'll straighten them out without laying one finger on them.
If wifeswap was an accurate representation of their family, then these kids also have not been taught that anyone else has feelings that need to be respected. They have been taught to do whatever they want, that they can be as rude and gross as they would like, that there are no rules and that safety is for "*advertiser censored*" as they say. This family is well known for not adequately supervising their kids and for encouraging them to act in unsafe way and for actually putting them in harms way purposefully. Dad is an immature person. Acts like he's 15.

Yep as he was talking, the reporter said something like the boys were playing romper room with the cars.

Good thing they aren't my kids. They definitely would be in their rooms - separately. Or, they would be outside, each one giving an apology to all involved.

In that case I think they failed to search the house- and also to do a lot of other stuff- out of intimidation due to the family's status in the community.
We have a very cold murder case of a child here in Omaha with I think the same principle involved.
I don't think the family in this situation have connections so maybe they will get to the truth, not to mention that they probably ticked off LE real good.
True that. I just meant on a basic superficial level, they should have had someone searching the house. But, these decisions are made in real time and so hindsight is always 20-20.
One of my sons got stuck in the laundry chute one night at about 2am. I had to call the police and the fire department to break in the walls to rescue him.
As all 8 firemen were working away tearing down my walls, one of of the firefighters pulled me aside.
he said,I hope you are not going to be too hard on your boy. Kids just do this stuff and you have to be glad he is not hurt or worse. So,please take it easy on him.
LOL, he got in trouble of course, but nothing serious. If any of my 5 boys had access to this balloon they would have been all over it.
My neighbor came over one day to ask me if I knew that 3 of my youngsters were on the roof. :)

CPS should not investigate this family because CPS has investigated other families and dropped the ball at times? I don't understand that argument. To believe that this family does not need to be investigated is to believe that they are not neglecting the safety of their children. I think they clearly do put their children in danger, both purposefully and neglectfully.

Somehow, I don't think those boys were old enough to perpetuate this hoax without adult instruction. They were on the roof with video cameras? 3 of them. So how did whannabe Icarus get from the roof to the attic without anyone seeing him since the boys started to scream as the balloon lifted off? The neighbor saw 3 boys on the roof and the whole family out there working on it. I smell a headless rat. Oh, and by the way, Momma Muyima, you sound like Yoko Ono on a bad acid trip. BTW Colorado gets horrendous storms, winds of 120+ mph are not unusual. Tornadoes are frequent in the summer, and there was a hail storm that broke limbs back in the 80s. A few years ago, my friends in Wondervu got 92" of snow in one storm.
I'm glad this boy is alright, and I hope the parents have to reimburse the state for the huge costs this search incurred when the state is going broke.

Somehow, I don't think those boys were old enough to perpetuate this hoax without adult instruction. They were on the roof with video cameras? 3 of them. So how did whannabe Icarus get from the roof to the attic without anyone seeing him since the boys started to scream as the balloon lifted off? The neighbor saw 3 boys on the roof and the whole family out there working on it. I smell a headless rat. Oh, and by the way, Momma Muyima, you sound like Yoko Ono on a bad acid trip. BTW Colorado gets horrendous storms, winds of 120+ mph are not unusual. Tornadoes are frequent in the summer, and there was a hail storm that broke limbs back in the 80s. A few years ago, my friends in Wondervu got 92" of snow in one storm.
I'm glad this boy is alright, and I hope the parents have to reimburse the state for the huge costs this search incurred when the state is going broke.

My take exactly. Three small kids couldn't have pulled this off. We haven't begun to hear the end of this thing.

I was watching one of the live online feeds when the boys and parents came out of the house. It was being filmed from the sky9 helicopter. They flew over the backyard and you could see a tall ladder that was leaned up against the roof... There was also some other kind of silver crafty looking thing with holes in it leaning against one of the fences.

Well, he went up right on time to catch the lunch time news, and was found perfectly for Live at 5...

(Not making any wild accusations; just saying that's some pretty remarkable timing for a kid... obviously, a future PR and promotions man.)

Proof dad knew Icarus wasn't in the balloon:(little slip up there).

"He says he's hiding in the attic because I yelled at him, and I'm really sorry I yelled at him," Richard Heene said as he held Falcon Heene in his arms and have him a big hug. "He scared the heck out of us."

Richard Heene and the rest of his family came out of the home around 4:30 p.m. to talk to the media. He said his son had gotten scared because he let the family's experimental balloon go and that's why he hid in the attic.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=125161&catid=339

Well, he went up right on time to catch the lunch time news, and was found perfectly for Live at 5...

(Not making any wild accusations; just saying that's some pretty remarkable timing for a kid... obviously, a future PR and promotions man.)
No, of course not, no wild accusations here either-it's gonna be an odd coinkidink that they will all have agents by 7:00 pm.

Something hinky is going on here. They're showing a pic of the family and the wife is holding an ENG camera. Something tells me that this is a publicity stunt.

Not only did the kids have cameras, but as esc pointed out in the quote above: the mother was holding a camera, too...

Not only did the kids have cameras, but as esc pointed out in the quote above: the mother was holding a camera, too...

Chances are, all of them carry cameras, all the time. You know, YouTube doesn't populate itself with carp all by itself.

Anyone else see the classic 1960 movie Peeping Tom, in which a young man who had been filmed his whole life grows up to be a raging psychopath? That thing makes more and more sense as reality tv hysteria continues to extend its oily grip.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054167/

Man, it's true - everything I ever needed to know is in a movie somewhere!

Praise the Lord it ended well, and that the balloon came down sooner rather than much later so people could focus on finding the boy!

What really annoys me about this case is that the kids likely think they are hilarious, and, no matter what anyone says to these kids, their dad has taught them that serious people are just a bunch of b*tches or p*ssies, and they will still think they are hilarious.

I am just so thankful no emergency response people were hurt in this whole escapade. That would have just made this whole thing so much more aggravating.

I hope they get a nice big bill in the mail.

We did this for the show!!!! ARGH! On Larry King with Wolf!

eta: Out of the mouth of babes! Falcon answered why he didn't come out when he heard them calling for him...we did it for the show! Dad is lying through his teeth, and not very well. Throw the book at them!!

We did this for the show!!!! ARGH! On Larry King with Wolf!

eta: Out of the mouth of babes! Falcon answered why he didn't come out when he heard them calling for him...we did it for the show! Dad is lying through his teeth, and not very well. Throw the book at them!!

I wish I were surprised...but, I'm not.

What really annoys me about this case is that the kids likely think they are hilarious, and, no matter what anyone says to these kids, their dad has taught them that serious people are just a bunch of b*tches or p*ssies, and they will still think they are hilarious.

I am just so thankful no emergency response people were hurt in this whole escapade. That would have just made this whole thing so much more aggravating.

I hope they get a nice big bill in the mail.

There was one man when the balloon came down that was wearing a purple shirt that I sure would want in my corner if anything should ever happen to me unexpectedly! This man ran to that balloon and was risking his life for this little boy. What a hero!! If this family, pulled off what they think was the prank of the century, or these little brats pulled a boys, will be boys, stunt then didnt want to get in trouble and kept their mouth shut...The man in the purple shirt needs to be recognized for his courage and stamina in running out to that balloon like there was no tomorrow to rescue little Falcon not knowing if he was in there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove