CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silver, you are here of your own will, and are free to answer what you feel comfortable with. We are here to help you though, so may sometimes ask questions you may be uncomfortable with; if you are, just say so. We truly do have good intentions and are not out to hurt you. There is just so little information, and the more information we have, the more we can help you.

I have a few questions I hope you do not mind answering:

1. Are you older or younger than Roger. Did you attend high school at the same time as him?

2. I believe I read in one of the old newspaper articles that your family hired a PI. Is that true, and were you ever given a report of their findings?

3. Were the other students and/or teachers interviewed?

4. With all the "rumors" of what went on at the teachers house, do you believe that Roger may have been drinking or using drugs (pot)? If no, he would have no reason to be there other than to turn in assignments, correct?

5. Do you live in the same area as where Roger went missing? Since it is a small town, what are towns peoples opinions on what happened (sometimes there is a grain of truth in rumors)

6. Is Rogers case an active investigation, or has it been assigned to a cold case investigator. If it is active, can you have it switched to cold case?

7. Did Roger have any previous ski injuries, or is there any possibility that he recently had a head injury?

8. Did he have a girlfriend at the time of his disappearance? Has she ever been interviewed?

9. Was Roger ever known to hitchhike?

Thank you Silver for being here, we really do want to help you and not be a burden for you.

This thread has seen more than its share of posters with agendas. One wonders what those agendas might really be.

Wfgodot, I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Wfgodot, I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

I'm saying that a number of posters on this thread have appeared for a brief time and, by claiming to have special knowledge of the circumstances of this case, have attempted to steer our discussion here. It could be done as a prank, I suppose, or for reasons as yet unexplained.

It's just curious.

Hmmm, interesting. Yeah, I wonder why people who claim to be close to the case or have known Roger just post and then dissapear. Like, if they sincerely cared wouldn't they try to help us or do they think this forum is senceless, or what? I really wonder what happened but it seems like all of the key people have appeared only to dissapear again.

Hmmm, interesting. Yeah, I wonder why people who claim to be close to the case or have known Roger just post and then dissapear. Like, if they sincerely cared wouldn't they try to help us or do they think this forum is senceless, or what? I really wonder what happened but it seems like all of the key people have appeared only to dissapear again.

I would say that most, if not all, of the posting may have been done by one person, using different identities. There's a commonality about several of them---what appear to be intentional misspellings, for one thing, and poor grammar usage, for another. I've taught English for 20 years and, when it comes to written language, I can spot fakes.

I really do not get what you are getting at either. Remember the TOS: Attack the posts, not the posters.

I'm not attacking anyone. I am saying that it is quite curious when single-issue posters on WS arrive for a very brief time and then, just as quickly, depart after having dropped into the thread a variety of information. We tend to be a bit naive and accepting when it comes to those making claims about their relationship to a case. One thing a sleuth cannot allow him- or herself to be: manipulated.

Did not mean it directed at you, I was agreeing with you, and why I quoted you, sorry (but I do not think I was rude at all, stating a fact). :waitasec: I have deleted my post. With that being said, we are here to discuss Roger, his disappearance, and solutions to finding him, not other posters and their "supposed" alias or whether people answer our questions or not. IMO, I think discussing alias of posters is not appropriate. By discussing WHO is "behind" posts, people would be addressing those posters, not their posts per say, which would be against the TOS, that is the point I was making. The mods will find them quickly if they are nefarious in their actions, I have no doubt. Again, JMO.

Jules, I think you misread me and if you don't mind, I would appreciate you edit your comment directed towards me as I find it a little rude. I didn't attack any poster nor did I mean any rude connotation-I'm actually offended that you would think I would act that way escpecially on Roger's "thread".

I'm not sure if you read my second comment to wfgodot, I was actually agreeing with him. So, again, being the internet you added a sarcastic twinge to my post where there was really none intended at all. Read it without any sort of sarcastic connotation in mind, is it really an "attacking" post? No, of course not!

Anyhow... Wfgodot, who do you think is behind these posts? JP?

Thanks, Danaya. It's impossible to say who does these things. I don't know enough about the case to speculate, nor am I familiar with the circumstances of Roger's disappearance, aside from the excellent Find Roger Ellison blog and the bits of information here on WS. I do assume, however, that someone with an interest in preventing this case's being looked into would be a person with an interest in attempting to manipulate the thread. Who that person(s) might be, I have no real clue.

LOL, I was wondering what you meant Jules. I deleted my post too.

I agree, we might have these posters come back and be suprised that their identity is being questioned. We can't assume they are all one poster. They could very well be friends of Roger.

Eagerly waiting to hear from Silver!

Okay, I deleted the ID's of the posters I questioned. I do see the points raised above, but I also think we need at all times to evaluate the value of what it is we're reading, and to question why certain points are being raised.

Well it's definately something to think about. I guess we'll just wait and see if anybody chimes in who can shed some light on this mystery.

Well it's definately something to think about. I guess we'll just wait and see if anybody chimes in who can shed some light on this mystery.

I'm hoping that the journalist who does the Roger Ellison blog will publish a book about the case; she's an excellent writer, and her research would make a fine book.

Speaking of hijacking a thread, lol....we seem to have derailed here.

I am interested that Silver indicates that LE is resistant to the family reviewing the files. I would like to get an idea of what their theory is and who they think are the principals involved in the case....

OK, I don't mean to be rude in any way. I need to know if this thread's purpose it to help find Roger or what happened to him.. I need to know....can we ask questions? Can we post theories (like in the other missings persons threads)?
Also, are we working as a team here?

Ok, I'm gonna chime in here. I basically stopped posting because my previous posts got deleted. This happened when John Pash complained. Yet, he was still able to post his nonsense and hogwash without answering a single question. It was Websleuths fault his name came up, according to his words.

Regarding Silver1sb and those that ask her to answer questions, this is his sister, she is not obligated nor should she feel that she needs to give such personal info to people she does not know. I understand that all here are trying to find out what happened to Roger, but never put someone on the spot like that. This is her brother, not ours.

For the record, I have no problem stating that I believe a previous poster who has gone incognito is involved.

Ok, I'm gonna chime in here. I basically stopped posting because my previous posts got deleted. This happened when John Pash complained. Yet, he was still able to post his nonsense and hogwash without answering a single question. It was Websleuths fault his name came up, according to his words.

Regarding Silver1sb and those that ask her to answer questions, this is his sister, she is not obligated nor should she feel that she needs to give such personal info to people she does not know. I understand that all here are trying to find out what happened to Roger, but never put someone on the spot like that. This is her brother, not ours.

For the record, I have no problem stating that I believe a previous poster who has gone incognito is involved.

I guess what I am asking is does Silver want our help, or did we just start helping without asking? I am in no way tryong to be rude... I am just not understanding. for example. Did she stumble upon this thread abotu her brother? Was she aware of it? Does she appove of it?
Again, not to be rude, but, if she doesn't want help and other ideas of what "might" have happend, that is absolutley fine with me. Just say so, and I can put my focus on someone else.

Kevmob77: do you think this question is somehow inappropriate? It was the question I asked a couple days back, which was then taken by another poster and incorporated into one of many questions:
"How old were you when Roger Ellison went missing? I ask that in part because our perceptions of events as they occur can be affected by our age at the time that they happened."
I'm just curious. I see no rudeness here.

I guess what I am asking is does Silver want our help, or did we just start helping without asking? I am in no way tryong to be rude... I am just not understanding. for example. Did she stumble upon this thread abotu her brother? Was she aware of it? Does she appove of it?
Again, not to be rude, but, if she doesn't want help and other ideas of what "might" have happend, that is absolutley fine with me. Just say so, and I can put my focus on someone else.

Good point, and I agree. I don't think anyone would find a page like this unless they wanted to help and do something. I look at it like this: Roger has been missing since 1981. One can only imagine the pain Silver1sb has had dealing with this and the questions regarding what happened to her brother. It's not so much to me what Pash said, it's what he didn't say. I'm not convicting the guy by any means, but what a cold fish. It bothered me and I relayed that to a few WS members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member