CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps next year's planned demolition of the Cedar Ridge High School may yield some interesting information. This could resolve existing rumors by some of the locals that Roger's body was placed in the far reaches of an underground tunnel that go's underneath the gym.
To those WS's who think your efforts are for not. I beg to differ! Because of this site, we have heard John Pash give his explanation of Roger's disappearance. The site also gives Roger's case a voice that was silent for 28 years. It has also encouraged people to come forward with vital information about the circumstances involving his disappearance.
For those that go week in the knees when confronted with evil, read Robert Resller's," Whoever Fights Monsters". Ressler is a former FBI profiler. Whatever happened to Roger, the fact remains that a 17-year-old male's partially recovered remains found in a wooded area in Chaffee County, Colorado, remains a "John Doe" to this day! Who speaks for him?
Kevmob77, I like your thinking.

Why, CaptAmerica! You've come back to us, and welcome!

Now how would someone get in an underground tunnel and why hasn't it been searched? Hmmm...

Hey please, anyone out there who encounters our feeble efforts to raise, for Roger, a desire for the solving of his case, please, PLEASE get in touch. This is a perfect venue for ideas to be shared.

I invite any, ANY other clues. I remember teaching back in '81-'82, and the devastating effect this would have had on my classes, back in the day. I can only wonder at the effect it had on Cedaredge H.S., and I can only pray for a deliverance for that family. If anyone knows anything, if anyone can steer this investigation into the light---please, PLEASE give us the benefit of your knowledge. Because someone knows.

Speaking from experience, it is very hard even today for the person to have to deal with it.

My brother is gay. He honestly was in deep depression most his life, from a very young age,until he told us.

His worst fear was my Dad .. he thought my Dad would disown him. Much to his surpirse, my Dad said " I still love you, you are my son"...
all I said was " I don't care, your personal relationships are none of my business" and I still fell that way.

And by the way, Zaha, thank you for telling us this. That took some kind of brave on your part, and one can only marvel at the bravery of your brother. Those of us who have not had to be brave in this way, forget what bravery is. I salute you.

Perhaps next year's planned demolition of the Cedar Ridge High School may yield some interesting information. This could resolve existing rumors by some of the locals that Roger's body was placed in the far reaches of an underground tunnel that go's underneath the gym.
To those WS's who think your efforts are for not. I beg to differ! Because of this site, we have heard John Pash give his explanation of Roger's disappearance. The site also gives Roger's case a voice that was silent for 28 years. It has also encouraged people to come forward with vital information about the circumstances involving his disappearance.
For those that go week in the knees when confronted with evil, read Robert Resller's," Whoever Fights Monsters". Ressler is a former FBI profiler. Whatever happened to Roger, the fact remains that a 17-year-old male's partially recovered remains found in a wooded area in Chaffee County, Colorado, remains a "John Doe" to this day! Who speaks for him?
Kevmob77, I like your thinking.

That is a classic book by Ressler, who to this day hasn't sold out like John Douglas did. I feel the same about Roger's case. JP is a very weird dude, I cannot simply give him a pass. For not knowing too much about this case as he proclaimed, he sure said a lot about it.

For those that go week in the knees when confronted with evil, read Robert Resller's," Whoever Fights Monsters". Ressler is a former FBI profiler. Whatever happened to Roger, the fact remains that a 17-year-old male's partially recovered remains found in a wooded area in Chaffee County, Colorado, remains a "John Doe" to this day! Who speaks for him? Kevmob77, I like your thinking.

Bolded by me.

Thank you for sharing this rumor! First time I seen that....

The John Doe you are talking about... where did that information come from? do you have more info on that?

If anyone knows, they are in that class of 1981-1982. I cannot fathom anyone who went to school with Roger, who does not, at the very least, have a clue. We call upon you to shed light on his story.

The "JPash" interlude is indeed fascinating---well-written, and to the point. I began my teaching career at exactly the time that poster speaks of, and I can well-appreciate the problems faced by teachers who sought to make a difference. But here's my question: is it WS protocol, because a poster, any poster, claims to have special information about the case, to then automatically accept that poster as being what he or she claims to be?

The poet William Butler Yeats, in another context, of course, wrote: "O body swayed to music, O brightening glance, / How can we know the dancer from the dance?" How can we, the WS faithful, know the poster from the post---EXCEPT that we question the validity of each part of that dichotomy?

And a tip o' the Kangol to Kevmob77's deconstruction of the "JPash" material. I can well-see all sides of this whole issue.

Spot on!

Zaha, you're not alone in your first assumption. I wondered that immediately after coming upon this case. In 1981, that would have been a hugely controversial issue to have to face.

aye, and as one who spent most of her life in Colorado (graduated from HS in 79, as a matter of fact), i can tell you that it's a pretty conservative state, as a whole. Denver is quite liberal and does support gay rights, but the rest of the state was & still is quite right wing.

http://www.classmates.com/directory/school/Cedaredge High School?org=6630

Maybe someone from here remembers something?

I live in Canada, so I can't join ... I tried to make an account but it wont work.. I am sure there must be a messaging system at this site, and someone can email the people that were at the school in 1981. There might even be a forum in there!

I'm a member, but if I post there, I'll not be anonymous, which doesn't sit well with me; I hope you understand! However, I had a look at the Class of 81 message board and under the heading, 'Have you heard from...?' a woman posted 'ROGER ELLISON'. That's it, nothing else. Also, she posted it this week on 3rd Nov., so Capt. America is right on: WS seems to have started the ball rolling again.

Since I have an account, though, I'm happy to do searches there for anyone/any topic, so don't be coy & feel free to ask!

Your offer is most welcome. People have researched information elsewhere on the internet like you, and have reported the info back here, which has been invaluable! Each bit of new information is useful in tracing the info back to Roger's disappearance. In short, we want to reconstruct the events leading up to and including the day of Roger's disappearance. It is just that simple.
There is believed to be a core group of kids back in Roger's day, who attended Cedar Ridge High School, and who are alleged to have frequented Pash's home, who may know the secret behind Roger's disappearance. One has come forward, we are hoping that others will also and make a statement.
If I could talk to them , this is what I would say: For those who may still live in fear of telling what they know, there are Champions out here, who will stand with you while you tell your story. Now that you have grown up, and may have children of your own, imagine if one of them did not come home after going to school, and you knew that his or her classmates might be harboring vital information about your child's whereabouts. What would you want them to do? Keep the secret and have you and your family suffer endless torment for 28 years with no end in sight, or step up, and provide some information. Just ask someone who lives this nightmare daily, and they will tell you of an unspeakable heartache. This website is not reality TV; it is a place to collaborate on information and ideas that will advance the information about the disappearance of Roger Ellison.
Two key elements will solve this missing person's case. The change in people's relationship with the perpetrator, if there is one, and the advancement of forensic science. Both are in our favor. Time is also one of the biggest allies in all unsolved crimes, especially those involving missing persons and cold case homicides. Just recently, a cold case homicide of 55 years was solved in Boulder, Colorado, because of people like the subscribers of WS, who took it upon them to stick with it until the answer was found.

So can someone tell me, what exactly is being said by mysterious bloggers? I have only read one and that is the one that talks about Pash preying on kids with low self esteem.

You can go and read the comments on the blog...

Nope, that's it. Takin quite a liking to this case, huh Zaha? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member