CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know she wasn't bringing in any money? How much money would she bring in getting a clerical job at some insurance company and paying for a full time babysitter, and transportation costs? Seems like she was working as hard as any gal can given her pregnancy, the lupus, having 2 small kids, and her husband to take care of. And house.

It seems the kids were going to daycare and she used to make $18 per hour working nights. She must likely took a pay cut to Thrive. When pyramid schemes became illegal, companies found a loophole that you can still do the pyramid as long as there is a product involved. That's what today's MLM is, some are better than others. I've known many people that mostly just sold product and didn't try to recruit anyone (like Mary kay). This one seems more like a pyramid to me.

This reminds me. Last night as I was falling asleep I was thinking about CW’s long drive to the oil tanks with 3 dead bodies in his car, his own family members. What was he thinking during this drive? It must have been surreal having all their dead bodies in the car, remembering previous trips of all them together when they were alive.

You painted such a vivid portrait with that comment. Knocks the wind right out of you. Just that powerful. :(

How do you know she wasn't bringing in any money? How much money would she bring in getting a clerical job at some insurance company and paying for a full time babysitter, and transportation costs?
Well, we know they were being sued by the HOA, we know Chris took a huge pay cut and is now earning $60,000. We know that’s not enough to run their household. We know that Shanann was a full time Mom and running her business mostly online with what little time she had. She was so likable I can see through networking how she might have brought newcomers into the fold, but actual sales of the product, I don’t think so much. But you’re right, I have no proof, I don’t actually know. I’m just trying to process this with what I have. I might be wrong. How much money will I make as a THRIVE Life consultant?

Exactly. If NUA had waited on him to report them missing, he may have sold the house and rode off into the sunset with his AP/girlfriend/mistress by now.

DAdvocate seems to think it's reasonable for to wait for the man who has now admitted murdering his wife to call for a wellness check on her.

I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion :)

Well, we know they were being sued by the HOA, we know Chris took a huge pay cut and is now earning $60,000. We know that’s not enough to run their household. We know that Shanann was a full time Mom and running her business mostly online with what little time she had. She was so likable I can see through networking how she might have brought newcomers into the fold, but actual sales of the product, I don’t think so much. But you’re right, I have no proof, I don’t actually know. I’m just trying to process this with what I have. I might be wrong. How much money will I make as a THRIVE Life consultant?
Why did he take a pay cut? Sorry that must have been divulged near the beginning of the case before I found this site.

This is my first time responding....but I couldn’t resist.. If I suspected my husband was having an affair, I would not be preparing meals for him...and if I did, they would be loaded with a special treat—like some laxatives.

Perfect first post! You made me chuckle, Thanks, this case is just so devastating.

Welcome :)

BBM

In the UK, a person would be charged with the highest crime possible, so that if eg the jury fails to convict for murder they could still find them guilty of manslaughter. I’m pretty sure (please correct me as I’m not a lawyer!) that if you’re charged with the lesser crime of manslaughter, you can’t be found guilty of murder (unless more evidence, retrial etc).

It sounds like the LE are v confident of a murder charge if they haven’t included the lesser charges - but if the jury can’t reach agreement on a murder charge, can the lesser charges be instated at a later date?

Great questions. Let me clarify. From what I've researched, in Colorado, if they want the jury to have the option of finding him guilty of a lesser included crime of first degree murder, they have to charge him with first degree AND second degree AND manslaughter.

Most other states the lesser includeds are already included as an option if just first degree is charged. Just like in the UK.

But apparently not Colorado. So the fact that he wasn't ALSO charged simultaneously with lesser included crimes tells me that the DA is extraordinarily confident.

EDIT:

Hold on. That might be wrong. I'm not finding the article/case that indicates that to me previously. Let me research some more.

Last edited:
My response will not be a popular one. As I said in my post before, the photos and videos you see of Shanann are really how she was. Those aren't fake or posed, she genuinely was that happy and motivated! As far as Chris, I 100% believe he is guilty and deserves to pay for what he has done. However, Chris is not a sociopath. He is not the mindless "cardboard cut out of a man" people want to believe to explain how he could have done this. I do feel that for some reason he snapped. I am not saying I believe Shanann did what he is saying! But the Chris that did this is not the one I've spent time with. They legitimately were that couple everyone wanted to hate because they were so in love and affectionate like they worshipped the ground eachother walked on. The smiles and affection were real. She was so passionate about helping people feel better and become the best version of themselves they could be. Her life was about growing her business to give her family an amazing life and helping her team grow to do the same. She was an amazing woman and amazing leader who lit up any room she walked in. I won't pretend to know what happened behind closed doors except the say she WAS NOT in an abusive relationship. She and I had many talks about my own. If I had to make an assumption I would say that somewhere along the line he decided a.) He couldn't handle being in her shadow or b.) Decided that the fast paced highly public lifestyle of the business wasn't what he wanted and they grew apart. I'm sure it was a high stress situation and I'm sure it was a list of things unknown, including, his affair, that ended up with him snapping. I think after that he is to some degree emotionless but it was not always that way.

Bringing this forward. They were all loved. Not even those close to them can understand this.

In this video, an expert in the field suggests that the cadaver dog is hitting on an "active alert" on the front porch.
CW did an interview standing on the front porch, he could have sat down on the patio couch at some point before or after the interview. There is a possibility that CW had the smell of death still on his body or his clothing but more likely it would be his shoes from either wearing them when he disposed of the bodies or wearing them in the truck afterwards and got cross contaminated. We know that CW removed the bodies through the garage therefore why does it appear that the dog is reacting to the cushion and/or the porch itself as an "active alert"?
Cadaver dogs are also trained to indicate on human remains in varying states of decomposition.Cadaver dogs can be trained to indicate with a passive (sit) or active (scratch) alert. All of our cadaver dogs are trained to locate human remains on land, whether it is at ground level, suspended or buried.

LOOKS TO ME THAT THE DOG IS SCRATCHING IN THE VIDEO WHICH IS AN ACTIVE ALERT!

upload_2018-8-25_15-48-39.jpeg
Watch video for active alert on porch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyramid scheme, yes. Whether it was bringing money in, I'm sure it was. Was it enough? Probably not. Deep financial trouble? Possibly. CW felt like a loser? I hope so. IMO, that's exactly what he is.
Yup, and within that loser opinion of himself lies the answer to the “Why?” that we’ll never be able to understand. Can’t have been thought through. Had to have snapped.

I’m going on the assumption that Thrive is a pyramid scheme, so please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not saying her career choice was an issue for C.W., I’m saying it wasn’t bringing any money in. I’m not in any way justifying what Chris did, only trying to point out they were in deep financial trouble, and I think it made him feel like a loser as a man. I haven’t actually given much thought to her health issues. She seems pretty active in all the videos, and I haven’t seen much written about it. I don’t know.
I don't believe Thrive is a pyramid scheme. CW IS a loser as a man, husband, father, human being. JMO

So I don't have enough gumption to go back and look for the link on this beautiful Saturday...but didn't they all go to the beauty shop together that day, the whole family? I still think it's unlikely that SW started talking to the hairdresser, friends that they may very well be, about leaving her husband while he was right there. Anyway I'll have to watch that movie.
If I recall correctly, it's SW Mum's salon --and knowledge of the separation was in-house, not something SW personally broadcast during family haircut day.

Yes, the assessor's office usually makes that information public. Another member said they payment was made by Chase on time, and their taxes were up to date.
Is Chase a credit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members