CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was where I was going initially. But news of the affair coupled with his cool demeanor after annihilating his family and the sadistic blaming of SW? That takes it out of the typical realm of loss of control and threats to his manhood, etc.

It takes it, for me at least, to a realm of a sociopathic person who decided he could not be bothered with the shackles of spousal and child support, while carrying on-going debt and getting only half the value of any assets. It was time to move on freely, out of the drudgery and into the sunset with his new hottie.

I now feel he likely planned this in cold blood. That's a switch from my initial feelings.
Yes, I really tilted that direction after hearing that he was already planning to sell the house. Day 1 or 2, I think? Wow.

Man, I would love this! If I had my junk together I’d have frozen meals ready. I did this when I had surgery on my arm so that it was easier to prepare food while wearing a cast. Most people who do this still buy fresh fruits and veggies...

I’m certain that whatever she made is better than the jail food.
I kind of had in mind something like 20 pkgs of frozen lasagne squares. If you’re thinking well balanced meals, with all the food groups represented, maybe she did. I could be wrong.

Attachments

• 20180825_170334.png
    20180825_170334.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
This - and without more information, this tells me they were current on their mortgage.
Not necessarily. Often the bank will pay those two things and bill the borrower, because it protects their asset. 1) if they get behind and there is a house fire their collateral is destroyed if the homeowners insurance lapses. 2) if the taxes aren't paid the county auctions off the house and the county gets whatever they are owed on taxes, and the mortgage company gets what is left, which may not cover what is actually owed to them.

Well, we know they were being sued by the HOA, we know Chris took a huge pay cut and is now earning $60,000. We know that’s not enough to run their household. We know that Shanann was a full time Mom and running her business mostly online with what little time she had. She was so likable I can see through networking how she might have brought newcomers into the fold, but actual sales of the product, I don’t think so much. But you’re right, I have no proof, I don’t actually know. I’m just trying to process this with what I have. I might be wrong. How much money will I make as a THRIVE Life consultant?

So far, after 10 threads, no Le-Vel “brand promoter” has offered inside information as to what an “80k promoter” even makes. Some posters have offered up how a W-9 has to be filled out- but does that include quarterly SS and Medicare tax payments, above income tax payments? It seems like an honesty system to fill out that W-9. And pay the taxes. Plus, there is the whole issue of car leases. The financial aspect of what’s been posted so far still leaves a lot of holes.

This - and without more information, this tells me they were current on their mortgage.

Actually, this is only proof that their mortgage company was maintaining the tax bill and, more than likely, the insurance on the house. The mortgage company has the primary vested interest in the property. They had filed for bankruptcy in 2015 and I think they were going to loose the house. It takes a long time (years) for this process to come to fruition and most people just stay in the houses until the mortgager actually takes it. Although their bankruptcy was closed, that does not take care of the lien that the mortgage company had on the house. The mortgage company can file a foreclosure for nonpayment. Does anyone have access to foreclosure proceedings to make this determination? Their mortgage was apparently a very real problem IMOO.

Yeah, no way to prove it but I would be stunned if she made 60k a year from the MLM. She was apparently at the 2nd level, and just going down the Thrive rabbit hole it looks pretty much like every other MLM and is very hard to turn a profit. Maybe she was one of the few that did.

Her friend here is also a Thrive member.
I feel kind of bad, prying into someone’s personal business. I’m just trying to understand how something like this could have happened and what led up to it. Maybe, finances won’t come up at the trial, and we’ll never know.

SW had a product to sell, CW knew when she was recording.
SW seemed an incredibly positive, upbeat individual that would have made the best of any situation.
This type of emotional abuse can be very subtle and interspersed with lots of love from the abuser making it very confusing for victims, esp children.

I have a very, very hard time believing a man capable of strangling his family, dumping their bodies in oil, and then appearing giddy on TV the next day never showed any previous signs of abuse.

All moo

I’m sure the SW knew what he was like. I doesn’t look like she told anyone.

I can’t move past that it wasn’t her place to get involved.
Some of us folks who have lupus, fibromyalgia and other devastating chronic illnesses actually gave good friends that just know when we need help. I have been saved a few times by good friends that knew something wasn't right....I Don't understand lack of empathy or sympathy. Nickole did what she thought was right. Kudos to her.

You said it so much better than me, lol. And, I'm really trying to understand how any/all of those things you've so nicely summarized isn't considered victim-bashing. This is the first case I've followed where a murder victim is also the accused (per CW in the affidavit), and completely understand why discussion of that is being allowed, but I'm not quite sure where the line is supposed to be drawn here. Shanann and her children were murdered, but it's okay to blame her for all of those things? It just doesn't sit well with me. JMO
I can't figure out where that line is either. It eats at me because she isn't here to defend herself. It appears the only evidence of her killing her children is from the mouth of the man that confessed to killing her. Otherwise, I don't believe he would have been charged in their deaths. Once I can figure out where the line is, maybe it won't eat at me so much.

I think what happen is very sad. But I believe there is blame among both parents. IMO
There are always two sides in a marriage (3 sides if you include CW's mistress) but to say that both parents are to blame ~ blame SW for what, that CW killed them so then she is partly to blame for that? or SW is to blame for CW's state of mind? He is accountable for himself and his actions.

Man, I would love this! If I had my junk together I’d have frozen meals ready. I did this when I had surgery on my arm so that it was easier to prepare food while wearing a cast. Most people who do this still buy fresh fruits and veggies...

I’m certain that whatever she made is better than the jail food.
Pinterest has a ton of freezer meal recipes. I made them for myself for several months while on a very strict diet due to an upcoming surgery. That way I didn't have to prepare two different meals every night. Life saver!

Shanann was obviously a very caring wife to take the time to do that for CW. I wonder if he was on a special diet of some kind?

So far, after 10 threads, no Le-Vel “brand promoter” has offered inside information as to what an “80k promoter” even makes. Some posters have offered up how a W-9 has to be filled out- but does that include quarterly SS and Medicare tax payments, above income tax payments? It seems like an honesty system to fill out that W-9. And pay the taxes. Plus, there is the whole issue of car leases. The financial aspect of what’s been posted so far still leaves a lot of holes.
https://media.le-vel.com/Documents/RewardsPlan.pdf

I’m not saying La-Vel deserves blame. At least not yet. I don’t know what their status is with the FDA. I don’t know what’s in Thrive? It seems to me though it is delivering a substance into the body. And it stimulates. Maybe Nicotine? If there is anything in it that’s addictive that would compell you to have to take it everyday. Then, that would compound things even more.

It happened years ago. I lost a friend to ephedra. He just up and had a pulmonary embolism one day. He said it gave him the energy to work out, lose weight, improve his life. But ephedra wasn’t being sold as a lifestyle, just as a root at the health food stores to make tea. No MLM.

Sorry about your friend. I used to take Ephedra when it was legal so that's scary to me.

With regard to the Thrive patches, they have caffeine, green coffee bean, garcinia cambogia, etc. Pretty much everything in diet pills but in a patch form. I think there are variations of patches. I would be willing to try it out and let you guys know what I think if I could try it for not too much $.

First attempt to post a link and image. Hope this is ok to post. I'm wondering about about the picture from the article. I took a screenshot of the pic and drew a circle in red. What is in the corner of wall behind CW? I circled the thing in question.

Motion detector for security system?

Thanks ahead of time!

Pregnant Colorado mom Shanann Watts was buried in shallow grave in oil field, court documents reveal | Daily Mail Online

I think it's a motion detector for a security system. We had one in our house but it was by our front door. Of course, they may have had more then one motion detector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vetiversailles