CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s a good quote from the Fox link:

“The video shows Watts giving a PowerPoint presentation that he titled "Communication Speech, Relationship Deterioration and Repair."“

Chris Watts, accused of killing family, made video about saving relationships

Eta: just chilling:

“Why do marriages fail? Sometimes it's because one partner develops an interest in a co-worker. So says Christopher Watts -- now accused of killing his family -- in a YouTube video posted in April 2012.“

And this!

"Sometimes when you have children and your relationship starts to deteriorate a child could help repair it," he says.

But he did murder. He strangled Shanann. And you are choosing to believe when this “loving father”ran into that room when he thought his child was being strangled, or had just finished being strangled, didn't scream at his wife, “Stop! What are you doing?” Didnt check first to see if his child was still alive, didn’t perform CPR, just walked over to his wife and strangled her. His life wasn’t threatened, he was twice her size, she couldn’t strangle him. Goes beyond my ability to believe. Just can’t agree with you, doesn’t make sense.
Correct, and if he'd called 911, there was the possibility of them being resuscitated. His whole story defies logic.

I don't think we're owed a statement from CW's parents to satisfy our own morbid curiosity.
It has nothing to do with morbid curiosity. I'm a grandmother of 2 young girls close in age to SW's. My DIL is 34 close in age to Shannan. I love my son dearly and have always stood by him throughout his life, BUT I also adore my granddaughters. I just can't imagine remaining silent if my granddaughter's were murdered EVEN if it was my son being held in jail for their murder. You would not keep me quiet and that is just a fact no matter what my son's attorney advised me to do. Even though my heart would be breaking I would make sure that my son's in-laws were well aware that I understood the pain they were going through and certainly that I shared their pain. I would not feel the need to comment on my son other then to say that I hoped justice was served because that IS how I feel. As much as I love him if he was found guilty in my eyes he deserves to pay the price.

No one has the right to take anyone's life period. I would pray my son never did anything like this and I very much doubt he would. BUT if he did, he would get zero sympathy from me and I would totally lose it if he falsely accused his wife of killing his kids. THIS is MY opinion. Obviously you see things a different way and that is fine. We can agree to disagree.

Qmfr:
“"Sometimes you find your partner no longer attractive physically or in their personality," he says in the video. "When you are in a relationship you have to show desire, lust toward your partner. Sometimes when you get married that the lust and the desire kind of fall by the wayside a little bit."“

Snip

“At another point, Watts says: "Even at the job. You might meet a new person and (it) could strengthen into something else and could weaken the bond you have with the partner you have."

"And you feel that you might be better with someone else that you've met," he declares. "You think that you can no longer do — that your partner is someone that you can't be with."”

Chris Watts, accused of killing family, made video about saving relationships

I think he might have helped write his own opening statement for the prosecutor! How crazy is that!

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with morbid curiosity. I'm a grandmother of 2 young girls close in age to SW's. My DIL is 34 close in age to Shannan. I love my son dearly and have always stood by him throughout his life, BUT I also adore my granddaughters. I just can't imagine remaining silent if my granddaughter's were murdered EVEN if it was my son being held in jail for their murder. You would not keep me quiet and that is just a fact no matter what my son's attorney advised me to do. Even though my heart would be breaking I would make sure that my son's in-laws were well aware that I understood the pain they were going through and certainly that I shared their pain. I would not feel the need to comment on my son other then to say that I hoped justice was served because that IS how I feel. As much as I love him if he was found guilty in my eyes he deserves to pay the price.

No one has the right to take anyone's life period. I would pray my son never did anything like this and I very much doubt he would. BUT if he did, he would get zero sympathy from me and I would totally lose it if he falsely accused his wife of killing his kids. THIS is MY opinion. Obviously you see things a different way and that is fine. We can agree to disagree.

So if your son told you he killed his wife because she killed their children you’re first response would be to not believe him?

Qmfr:

I think he might have written his own opening statement for the prosecutor! How crazy is that!

Is this lust and desire in the marital relationship or with the AP/mistress/girlfriend? It just says "partner." I'm confused.

The results of the autopsy were released? Do you have a link?

I assume that when the bodies were moved to the morgue, the medical examiner or forensic pathologist prepared the death certificate. That’s the official date not necessarily the exact date of death. The exact autopsy system varies from state to state.

I would not talk to the media. I've always told my children there is nothing they can do to make me stop loving them and that is true. I wouldn't support my son if he did something like this, and I would encourage him to take responsibility, but I wouldn't hate him nor pretend to in front of the cameras. My grief would be my own and I wouldn't owe anyone an explanation or a display of my emotions.

Because if it hadn't been for her CW might be a free man right now. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your perspective.

If it weren't for that meddling kid! (Sorry, have had Scooby Doo on all day in the background.)

I really do think she foiled the plan. Thank goodness.

I just wanted to add something here. I attended a bday party today. I mentioned this case while I explained why I was up at 2am tossing turning,anyway i got about 3 words out about guy killing his family, and my brother buts in with ",yeah the guy from Colorado who put his daughters in oil tanks." Shocked, shocked i tell you that he knew about this, no one else in the room did. But his emphasis was on where the girls were placed. He was thoughroly disgusted with this fact. I'm curious when I talk to him in a few days why this bothered him so much. He is newly married, no kids yet so the parent experience doesn't come into play here.

i hate to sound so flippant, but my hairdresser knows more than my blood relatives. It's a thing between people and their hairdresser. It's like true confessions when you get in that chair. At least from how i grew up. Again, my opinion and I mean no harm, just found it funny that someone would ask.And also i don't really need to be a long time client, basically get in the chair and confess!!!!
Isn't Shannan's mother also a hairdresser? Perhaps this hairdresser is a close family friend that the mom confides in and Shannon felt comfortable enough to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971