CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's interesting cause we had this same conversation last year. ( Different case, dropped his partner into home's septic tank , totally pre-planned for months.)

Anyway we asked that question of ourselves, as a lot of posters had septic tanks/private drainage - did it ever cross your mind, a Septic T having body disposal potential? Nobody had.

OK it seems like a crazy question but I believe he did not suddenly come up with that idea at 4/5am- it just doesn't work for me, it's not even on thr property.
And in a blind panic scenario ( his version) it's even less credible that it suddenly pops into ur head as a suitable place for a body & a for any loved one.....unless you've pre-planned this for some time
Exactly. Plus these oil tanks are even more of a niche idea (can't think of the right word) than septic tanks.

I really had the wrong impression of what the tanks were like until the video was posted upthread today. I was thinking of oil barrels....but these tanks are gigantic. They are not something anyone who wasn't familiar with them would even attempt to access. Very scary - and takes inside info, imo.

Yet, the tanks were part of his JOB....which is really dumb! I do think he wasn't able to complete his entire plan to explain their absence. Speculation.

JMOpinion

Last edited:
Along the same lines as the whole doll issue...I suppose it is a remote possibility that the girls DID do it (even though I still say the doll and “head” were arranged much too perfectly, IMHO) and that the dad hatched his evil idea after seeing the photo.

It can’t possibly be fully an accident or coincidence.
Agree. I posted immediately after that photo was revealed, that the arrangement was way too neat and structured for a three and four year old.

The ignore feature cannot be recommended enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th.../25/internet-trolls-are-also-real-life-trolls

“Trolling enjoyment, very strongly associated with a sadistic personality, and was also correlated with Machiavellianism and psychopathy...

“So the next time you find yourself reeling over a particularly hateful comment on your favorite website, take some comfort in knowing...They’ve got some serious personal issues...Or it’s just another 12-year-old...”

Someone diagnosed with NPD (ASPD) is like everyone else in that we are all a combination of personality types, and subtleties within those personality types.

But, unlike NPD'ers, most of us behave within the norms of society.

My life, unfortunately, has been full of varying ranges of narcissism...I seem to be a magnet (working on that). Due to this, I have, for the last 2 years, read everything I can (from reliable sites and sources) on NPD, Sociopaths and a bit on Psychopaths. Crazy world!
Me too. Either born with the genes or are driven to them like a moth to a flame.

I think without Nichole he wouldn't have confessed so fast. I feel he was going to come home from work stage the scene and report her missing but his plan was ruined so he did his best to keep up the story but he couldn't there was to much evidence already. So he came with this crazy story of SW killing her baby girls and I feel he still thinks he's going to get away with this. Until the day he's sentenced will he realize he didn't fool anyone. Well at least not until after the killings. IMO MOO JMO

Exactly. Plus these oil tanks are even more of a niche idea (can't think of the right word) than septic tanks.

I really had the wrong impression of what the tanks were like until the video was posted upthread today. I was thinking of oil barrels....but these tanks are gigantic. They are not something anyone who wasn't familiar with them would even attempt to access. Very scary - and takes inside info, imo.

Yet, the tanks were part of his JOB....which is really dumb! I do think he wasn't able to complete his entire plan to explain their absence. Speculation.

JMOpinion

If he were better organized and could have adapted to the curtailed time frame, those bodies and that of Shan'ann and their son could have been in there for years. Erasing signs of strangling and all DNA except their own.

"IGNORE LIST

If you've got a couple of posters that you feel you just cannot bear reading, the "Ignore List" is your friend. When you put someone's name on your list you will not see their posts. The poster will have no way of knowing they are on your list (and it's a TOS violation to make an obnoxious post saying you are doing so, since there's no reason for it). Click on the link below:

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

If you see a post that violates the TOS by all means alert on it - but PLEASE do not quote or respond in any way!"

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Bold added by me for emphasis

You would think if that were the case that since he worked there he would know that there are security cameras.
If you look at the remote location notice the gates are not automatic . This is in the middle of no where so access gates are from the main cattle Ranch and then deep in the average to another access road with another access gate that is Manuel possibly padlocked .

I think without Nichole he wouldn't have confessed so fast. I feel he was going to come home from work stage the scene and report her missing but his plan was ruined so he did his best to keep up the story but he couldn't there was to much evidence already. So he came with this crazy story of SW killing her baby girls and I feel he still thinks he's going to get away with this. Until the day he's sentenced will he realize he didn't fool anyone. Well at least not until after the killings. IMO MOO JMO

Just occurred to me: Was Nico named after Nichole?

Do we have confirmation that he paid cash for his tattoos? Is it possible he knows someone and did a barter thing? Are we assuming the same about Shanann's hair and nails and making the same judgements there, too?

We don't know when he got the tat, either. It could be an older one. I try not to judge hair and nails. My hair stays colored, but only because I have a friend in cosmetology school who practices on me.

Do we have confirmation that he paid cash for his tattoos? Is it possible he knows someone and did a barter thing? Are we assuming the same about Shanann's hair and nails and making the same judgements there, too?

Yes we've heard a lot of financial details on extravagant spending from a couple of posters in earlier threads - the bankruptcy filing details- so likely living well beyond means. Nothing about tatts though & IDK when his tattoo was done.

all we know on the nails is that Shanann and friends often went together to get their nails done. ( Amanda Thayer says it on the video interview. Even I recall QVC presenters - it's mandatory to have good nails as they appear in shot with the product. Am assuming that she thought it was essential for selfies with shakes shots on her SM posts so I can see why she would do that routinely)

EDIT Forgot to add that her Insta shows she often dyed her own hair - noticed that and wondered perhaps if that was a nod to finances being tight

BBM.

Just to be clear, I think the police do not consider CW's story to be a confession because they don't believe it is what really happened.

It is fair to say that CW confirmed the location of the bodies. Beyond that, we don't know if there's any truth to his version of the facts.

No, motive is not required, but juries like to hear motive, and the prosecution likes to present one. It's the "Why?" part, and for a crime of this nature, a motive could really help. This is not a simple crime -- it's one that is hard to grasp due to its severity and cruelty. With a psychological profile of the killer (if there is one presented at trial), a motive will help the jurors, IMO, come to a G verdict more easily. JMO

I agree that people like to understand the motive but it just doesn't matter. Motive would not satisfy anyone anyway. We are talking about broken people who do not think like we do. Even if CW was to get on the stand and admit to what he did and why he did it, we STILL would not be able to relate. Whatever he could possibly use as motive we would have questions...if he said they were in debt and he wanted to get out... our rationale would be just get divorced. If he said he wanted to leave for another person or be free our rationale would be just get divorced. If he said I didn't want to be a dad anymore we would say fine just get divorced and don't see your kids if that is how you feel. Why take their lives away. Simple as that.

There IS no rational reason to murder your family therefore you would be left just as clueless as you were because you can't relate. NOT relating to his way of thinking is a blessing. If we all thought like him there wouldn't be many people left would there be. Just off anyone who you don't want to be a part of your life. These guys think they are ENTITLED to do this and just because society doesn't approve of it, to them it's not wrong in their minds. In his mind HIS life is what matters and their's just didn't.

I've been studying the Nazi's and Nazi occupied Europe since my teens and I'm almost 60...desperately attempting to understand how one little sick man could have caused the deaths of 60 million people more or less. How did normal people go along with this. I gave up on studying the crazy Hitler and his minions because they were just nuts. I have come to accept some people are just evil and we really will never understand their actions. For me that quest is over but NORMAL people allowing and participating in that autracity is more frightening. What is inside NORMAL people that would allow them to act the way they do and commit geonocide. Scary and it doesn't speak well of the human race.

Last edited:
Yes we've heard a lot of financial details on extravagant spending from a couple of posters in earlier threads - the bankruptcy filing details- so likely living well beyond means. Nothing about tatts though & IDK when his tattoo was done.

all we know on the nails is that Shanann and friends often went together to get their nails done. ( Amanda Thayer says it on the video interview. Even I recall QVC presenters - it's mandatory to have good nails as they appear in shot with the product. Am assuming that she thought it was essential for selfies with shakes shots on her SM posts)
Actually having their bk finished in 2015 they should have been back on a pretty good road by now imo. Filing bk gave them a new start.

I too think the girls were deceased before SW, hence his story as to why he then killed her. All were killed by strangulation per CW and I think that's damning to him too...all murders done in the same way.
Just saying...if my husband watched me strangle our children on a monitor, he would come at me with all force. He would shove me aside and attend to the children! If they were deceased, I can imagine he might use more physical force against me and he would most definitely call 911. But, I would also think his mind wouldn't accept they were deceased in an instant - he would be doing everything in his power to save them.

But let's say in a muddled mind, he doesn't attend to the children (which is really, really far-fetched in my mind....everyone, especially a parent, would attend to the CHILDREN who were harmed as #1 priority), but let's say all his energy went to me. I cannot see a man in that state bothering with strangling a woman in rage - I think it would be beating. Strangling seems full of personal rage, not something you'd do in the heat of the moment because you're upset about your children. Heat-of-the-moment would be a punch or shove.

But, if the woman is pregnant with the man's child, I don't think he would beat her at all in this scenario. I think he would restrain her, if she needed it, until help arrived, but I do not think he would harm yet another one of his children because he was upset about his wife hurting his other children. No sense, no sense at all.

I feel like I'm lowering my intelligence even to think through the scenario. Hats off to LE who have to listen to crappy stories from perps all the time.

I really, really cannot accept his story that she killed the girls as possible.

The only way it's even remotely possible is if he didn't care in the first place if the girls were dead or not.

JMOpinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member