CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was getting rid of all responsibility to his family. He knew exactly what he was doing. I actually suspect her pregnancy was the biggest factor.
I agree. I think the pregnancy was the tipping point for him. He would've looked like a jerk (putting it mildly) for leaving not only his 2 babies but a pregnant wife in order to have an affair or be free from the responsibility. So, he decided to get rid of the problem and say she must've left. Then as he got backed into a corner, blamed her instead. Either way SHE is the bad guy, not him. He's the victim. MOO

I haven't even gotten thru this thread yet. Dang I am so lost. Just going to follow for now, say let the system work like it should, and may Shanann and the girls rest in peace.
Following' , will try to catch up one day but my eyes bother me so much.

I agree that people like to understand the motive but it just doesn't matter. Motive would not satisfy anyone anyway. We are talking about broken people who do not think like we do. Even if CW was to get on the stand and admit to what he did and why he did it, we STILL would not be able to relate. Whatever he could possibly use as motive we would have questions...if he said they were in debt and he wanted to get out... our rationale would be just get divorced. If he said he wanted to leave for another person or be free our rationale would be just get divorced. If he said I didn't want to be a dad anymore we would say fine just get divorced and don't see your kids if that is how you feel. Why take their lives away. Simple as that. There IS no rational reason to murder your family therefore you would be left just as clueless as you were because you can't relate. NOT relating to his way of thinking is a blessing. If we all thought like him there wouldn't be many people left would there be. Just off anyone who you don't want to be a part of your life. These guys think they are ENTITLED to do this and just because society doesn't approve of it, to them it's not wrong in their minds.
A genuine question. Something similar was said yesterday. So my question is: Why are we still discussing the case, if we don't want to know motive or that anything we find is irrelevant because at the end of the day it's no excuse?

If he were better organized and could have adapted to the curtailed time frame, those bodies and that of Shan'ann and their son could have been in there for years. Erasing signs of strangling and all DNA except their own.
Exactly. It was almost a great idea and he might have gotten away with it. Who would think to look there?? It's too bizarre. Unless, of course, GPS or other security measures would catch him.

I think he couldn't get his wife's body up and into the tanks - it was too difficult and he was out of time.

Earlier in the case I thought he had a grave dug ahead of time, but now I think he planned to put all three in a tank, but in the end, he couldn't physically manage her body.

jmopinion at the moment.

Since I've seen the name on here a few times, are we allowed to put the gf name on here?
I don't know what the official answer is, but I personally don't think she needs yet another place talking smack about her. We don't know what all she knew or what her situation is... I prefer to err on the side of caution and not post her name here; we can discuss the situation without dragging her name into it, imo.

Back in the day, people who were enthralled with and wanted to defend mass killers could write them love letters in jail, and boy, did they. The famous mass murderers like Ted Bundy could count on adulation to ease the "rejection" which is why he is said to have killed women in the first place. Nowadays the internet is the communication method of choice, but poor CW, he may not have DSL or even dial up in the slammer. He can probably get snail mail, though.
That fool already has his fan club. Just look around. Losers attract losers.

My guess is he was to hard to reach on evenings and weekends when she was out of town. Her calls may have going directly to his vm. If this happened a few times, most spouses would get a very unsettling feeling and try to figure out if something was up.

JMO, my thoughts are he never told her he wanted a separation. I think he weaved this into his story to try to throw LE off - to give a "reason" why she had just left with the girls.

Yes, to the BBM above.

And it should be really interesting to hear his voice messages/texts to her, the next morning.

I am thinking that he figured out he fooled the cops, so the messages will be very 'scottpeterson' type messages---'hey babe, how ar u and my girls, give me a call when u can' type of BS.

If they are sweet, phony messages, then that makes no sense with his story that he asked for a separation that morning.

Also, his interview, where he said he thought she didn't pick up because she was busy. Well, if he had asked for a separation, why would he expect her to pick up his calls. I would probably block my husband's calls and work on getting the locks changed before he returned home after work.

But, if the woman is pregnant with the man's child, I don't think he would beat her at all in this scenario. I think he would restrain her, if she needed it, until help arrived, but I do not think he would harm yet another one of his children because he was upset about his wife hurting his other children. No sense, no sense at all.

SBM

This is an excellent, excellent point, and I don't think anyone has brought it up yet.

True...I suppose it would have been a calmer way to strangle/suffocate. Yuck.

TRIGGER WARNING. DO NOT READ PAST THIS IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE HEARING HOW THE BABIES MIGHT HAVE DIED.

--------------------------
There was nothing calm about his grotesque murder of those babies. It took a long time during which they were terrified and suffered. I hope no one who loves them reads this.

TRIGGER WARNING. DO NOT READ PAST THIS IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE HEARING HOW THE BABIES MIGHT HAVE DIED.

--------------------------
There was nothing calm about his grotesque murder of those babies. It took a long time during which they were terrified and suffered. I hope no one who loves them reads this.
How do you know it took a long time?

Completely agree. We know his babies, innocent babies were discarded in oil/gas tanks on CW’s employers property. We saw him tell a story during several interviews never mentioning that SW hurt the children, or that he killed her. He was so composed....so calm....or so it seemed to me.
We do know a lot more than squat.

We know he was having an affair. We know he admitted to murdering his wife. He admitted to putting the bodies of his children into oil tanks and the body of his wife in a shallow grave.

That's all dark, IMO.

We know a lot more than squat, but maybe we don't all have the same definition of what dark means.

But seriously, what are the chances???? I mean, do you ever post play corpses on your FB page? Three days before your husband kills you? Some coincidences just can’t possibly be....

I've seen some bizarre things in psych evals. I believe it is possible that the kids felt something off. Something deep in their subconsciousnesses (is that a word ya'll?) that had them play in this manner.

Would you be on this thread watching your dead friend get trashed by people who don't know her, via disgusting, baseless speculation?[/QUOTE
I can only imagine how hurtful some posters comments are to Shannon's friend Isalybra are. Clearly there are people who just don't care. So, I can see them supporting an evil, limited capacity murderer.

Me too. Either born with the genes or are driven to them like a moth to a flame.

Usually one's family of origin has at least a few narcs in the family tree, and if those narcs were parents, the offspring can often turn narc themselves, or co-dependent, or go a mix of several life-altering directions. The moth to the flame is me, co-dependent, seem to be attracted to differing levels of narc men...am hoping I've used the last experience to learn enough/change enough so that it is my LAST with that personality type. I have no proof, but what I experienced, and what I know of his past, I believe he was quite capable of harming me. Part of why I've been following this case.

In reading about CW/SW, I wonder if she too was a bit co-dependent (even tho' she appears to have been pretty determined and dynamic, one can still be co-dependent in love relationships with with those qualities). Would be interesting to learn about her previous marriage and any other relationships, so as to know how they may have impacted her relationship to her murderer.

Someone asked about the Dark Triad. Scary, and dangerous stuff. Brief explanation = "The dark triad in psychology refers to the personality traits of narcissism, Machiavellianism, and psychopathy, which are called "dark" because of their malevolent qualities".

With respect, we know all was not well with CW. He has told us he strangled his wife and killed his son. He has told us he threw his children's bodies in oil tanks. In any place, anywhere in the world, in any language, that is as far away from normal as you can get.

I am all for keeping an open mind and looking at both sides but that should not take in any way from what we know he has done. He has carried out the most awful of crimes, there is no defending that.
This!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member