CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And even more telling is if they were deleted. Had he spent some time that night deleting evidence from her phone. He was charged with altering/destroying evidence. We assumed it meant moving the bodies or perhaps partial clean up within the crime scene. Might it also include the phone? Would they need a seperate charge for that or would it be included in the 3 charges already filed.
We can’t believe a word he says, and 3 1/2 hours is a long time. There’s so much he could have done. If she texted anyone from work after she got home before the emotional discussion or whatever, that would provide insight into her time of death. If her texts were erased, the recipient might still have them. I could see her in the loft sitting room answering work related communications after she got home, not wanting to wake Chris up.

copied from the arresting document. He asked to speak with his father, who was present at the pd. Chris said he would tell the truth after speaking with his Dad.
I keep trying to relate to reasons he requested this. Is his dad in poor health? Does he have legal knowledge? Did CW want to apologize to his dad for what he had done? Did he want his dad to pay for an atty for him? A specific atty?
Does CW come from money?

He said he went into a rage and strangled Shanann to death, then loaded all three bodies in the back seat of his truck and took them to an oil work site CERVI 319, per the affidavit.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
What it says at the top of my browser on this site:
"FOR THE LATEST ON THE MOLLIE TIBBETTS MURDER AND THE MURDER OF SHANANN WATTS AND HER TWO CHILDREN"

But I think they were only delayed by 2 hours or so. So it would have been midnight. I doubt she would have popped in that late, on a work and school night.
Very true. I still think it's a bit risky though.

It's uncanny, the similarities, isn't it? Not only is CW comparable to Scott Peterson, but Shanann reminds me of Laci.

Scott Peterson - Wikipedia
Laci's loved ones, including her mother and younger sister, related that she worked enthusiastically at being the perfect housewife, enjoying cooking and entertaining, and that she and her family welcomed the news in 2002 that she was pregnant.[3]
I feel the same way. Both Laci and Shannan were positive, high energy people with vibrant beautiful smiles that everyone loved. The only difference between Peterson and Watts is that Peterson had a better education and was far more likable. He was a people person where as everyone described him as the center of attention at all family gatherings and well liked. CW even in his school days was described as quiet. Shannan's friends said he was a nice guy but was quiet as well, not the high energy, vibrant personality of Peterson. Peterson had confidence, Watts does not.

I keep trying to relate to reasons he requested this. Is his dad in poor health? Does he have legal knowledge? Did CW want to apologize to his dad for what he had done? Did he want his dad to pay for an atty for him? A specific atty?
Does CW come from money?
I think it was his way of saying he could be believed because this story would be the the truth.
In other words he was trying to convince LE that after he spoke with his father they would have the truth.IMO

Does CW come from money?
He said "he would tell the truth after talking to his Dad". What was he telling before that? I read in another document that he picked his father up from the airport (is this verified?) If so, what did CW say THEN?

He said he went into a rage and strangled Shanann to death, then loaded all three bodies in the back seat of his truck and took them to an oil work site CERVI 319, per the affidavit.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf
You know Pommy, I think what's really important here is that he admits the children were dead before she was. All the rest of his bs is just that. bs. I really think they were already deceased when SW got home. Then they had an emotional discussion about it. I'll bet it was emotional! She must have been devastated! That's what he was waiting for!

Please report the post. I wish everyone would just put the JA on ignore so we could have intelligent discussion without having to read a bunch of victim blaming/character assassination comments.

If anything, and if the defense is reading here or somebody supporting him, they will quickly realize that the ideas that are being spouted will just make the jury angry and his mitigation stage will be Nill!

The jury May react just as many here have. They will be very angry at Chris and want to punish him. And in doing so they will state what they believe, without getting a timeout during sentencing as some have here unfortunately reacting vehemently as to the audacious claims.

I think it was his way of saying he could be believed because this story would be the the truth.
In other words he was trying to convince LE that after he spoke with his father they would have the truth.IMO
I understand that, but what was his motive for speaking with his dad? What was CW trying to accomplish?

Does anyone know anything about disabling company car trackers? Can it be done easily. ( We know he's mechanically minded but could he stretch his skills to that. Could you do a temp Faraday cage on them if you could access them?)

It's always bothered me the GPS thing - as in could he really be that dim if he'd pre-planned it some days/weeks in advance.

( LE never disclosed that he has been actually tracked by Anadarko's GPS to that cervi location but we know that they knew he'd been there and it wasn't his " scheduled stop" for the day.)

Did he drive a company car? I thought it was said Chris had a vehicle paid for by Thrive?

I had a family member kill their spouse and them self and we went to the funeral we were in the obituary of the murdered spouse. CW's family wasn't in the obituary I think that speaks volumes. Never once did we blame the murdered spouse for our family members behavior we were all so distraught. We wanted to take the other families pain away and we were grieving too for both of them.

I agree. So sad for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members