CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm slowly getting caught up from today. Had to put someone on ignore as my anxiety was going through the roof. I do have a question though. I saw that someone said we had a VI on here earlier. Please excuse my newbieness but what does VI stand for?
A verified insider. Someone who knew the victim or other parties involved in the case.

I'm slowly getting caught up from today. Had to put someone on ignore as my anxiety was going through the roof. I do have a question though. I saw that someone said we had a VI on here earlier. Please excuse my newbieness but what does VI stand for?
Verified Insider. A friend of SW's

For many men their dads opinion of them is everything to them. I know grown men that still wait to hear their dad say he is proud of him.

I suspect he could only admit this much to his dad. I think that whole story was made up just for his dad. I just don’t think he could bring himself to tell his dad the whole truth/story. But I suspect as more evidence comes in; he will finally confess to all of it.

Seems to be common in a lot of murders that the killer confesses slowly piece by piece. Just my 2 cents

You know Pommy, I think what's really important here is that he admits the children were dead before she was. All the rest of his bs is just that. bs. I really think they were already deceased when SW got home. Then they had an emotional discussion about it. I'll bet it was emotional! She must have been devastated! That's what he was waiting for!
I agree. He murdered the girls first, and I don't think "emotional conversation" is an accurate description. "He loaded all three bodies." Shanann saw her babies before she was murdered. He's a monster. JMO :(

I am here tonight, in a cozy place, thinking about the pain and sorrow thrust upon EVERYONE who was related to this family.
This is one of the saddest crimes ever.
I just cannot imagine how horrible and painful this is for Everyone on Both sides.
What Chris Watts has admitted to doing is awful on it's self.
I am pretty sure that the investigation will bring much more grief to family and loved ones.
I feel for them.

For many men their dads opinion of them is everything to them. I know grown men that still wait to hear their dad say he is proud of him.

I suspect he could only admit this much to his dad. I think that whole story was made up just for his dad. I just don’t think he could bring himself to tell his dad the whole truth/story. But I suspect as more evidence comes in; he will finally confess to all of it.

Seems to be common in a lot of murders that the killer confesses slowly piece by piece. Just my 2 cents
I think so too. He couldn't tell his father he'd murdered his two grandchildren. It was too much. So he came up with the story to spare his feelings. I suspect his father knows the truth. What a position to be in as a parent.

Maybe CW will eventually get the courage to tell the whole truth, confess to everything, and save the entire extended family the nightmare of a trial (or two).

Let’s ignore those who don’t agree. Great way of discussing the case.

Yeah but with all respect, sometimes you’re just blindly defending CW without giving reasons or evidence.

Why did you flip out that someone would say that his dad knew he was a ? How do you know what CW’s Dad thought about him? You keep posting as if you might have close connections to the family. Curious, that’s all. Plus the fact you seemed to have joined specifically for this topic, with the name “Advocate”.

Not accusing. But just pointing out why people might be a little wary.

CW reminded me immediately of Jeffrey McDonald, same story, pregnant wife, 2 little girls.

And both of them are still very much alive, but their families are dead.

One person noted earlier, "At least Jeffrey McDonald tucked his daughters into bed".

And in regards to Scott Peterson, "At least he didn't kill 2 little girls".

CW is quite a winner when he makes those miscreants look "good". As if.
Boy, now isn't that the cold, hard truth. Whew.

I think you are spot on. Most people in these situations would "disappear" themselves , rather than kill innocent people, especially small children. Why, oh why, didn't he stage his own disappearance...

There was a case a few towns over from me where a guy wanted to leave his wife and kids and go live in the canadian wilderness by himself. He had everything ready to go, planned out and all the gear he would need. But instead of just going he killed his wife and kids first. Absolutely boggles the mind.

He also tried to say it was his wife that killed the children.

Christopher Vaughn.

On Child Support:

When I was divorced, the kids lived with me, he paid child support, when they were older, they lived with him, I paid child support to him. When they went back and forth, we didn't bother.

But, all of this depends on the situation. Fortunately, we had a very amicable divorce.

When passion and romance go bad, it goes really bad. I have a feeling that this would not have been an amicable divorce.

I tend to agree with you that this would not be an amicable divorce mostly because of CW. He encouraged the pregnancy which obviously she would not have chosen if she had any inkling they were going to separate, they had a large debt which I think he would have liked to pawn off on SW especially the medical bills which I believe were hers and amounted to 70,000 iirc and student loans. I know SW went to college for nursing (I don't think she graduated) but I have not read that he ever attended college so that would also be her debt. A judge might not see it that way and feel her student debt was on her but the hospital debt not totally. They were married at the time therefore he too was responsible for any medical debt incurred during the marriage. I also think they would have had a heck of a time when it came to child arrangements. I don't see CW wanting to spend much time with his kids with his new life of freedom which would leave SW in a rea quagmire when it came to traveling for her job. Bella was starting full time kindergarten and CeCe going to preschool. Then of course there would be a new born baby to care for. She wasn't free to take the kids with her even if she wanted to because of Bella's school and the baby. That alone would cause some serious argument if he was not willing to take the kids when she had to travel. Been there done that in my own life with my ex. Hell my dad was in intensive care dying and my ex would not take my then 3 year old son so that I could go to the hospital to see my dad. No way was I going to bring my son there to witness his grandfather pass and the results of that. Lucky for me my BIL stood up and offered to watch him even though he too was very close to my dad. It meant a lot to me of course that he did that. Some ex's are a nightmare. Fortunately things did change for the better by the time my son was in middle school.

First time chiming in on this but i’ve been following the story, and discussion here, since it first broke. I think there is WAY more to this than we may ever know. Even people who regularly socialized with the SW and CW are shocked and spinning over this. The fact that no one has yet said “Ah, yes. There was always something about him.” can’t be overlooked. Killing the whole family to pursue an affair just isn’t sitting right with me. There was something else going on, more dynamics to this relationship than what SM or friends ever saw, IMO. And, ftr, I do believe that CW is responsible for all of the deaths. Why? That is the heartbreaking question.
I’m curious how the girls were clothed when they were found. Did they still have their clothes on from the party? Were they in pyjamas? I think that would lend to the timeline of when they were killed, IMO.

I’ve had this thought has in my head for a while now but it’s so terrible I’ve been reluctant to post it. Your post about CW wanting SW to suffer reminded me of it though. So here goes ... If CW killed the girls before their Mom got home, do you think he told them Mommy didn’t love them and Mommy was making him hurt them?

OMG! Another punch to the gut :(
What a horrible image :(
Please don't let that be what happened :( OMG.

I can just never understand the thought processes behind this type of person. I mean, the complete lack of logical thought and foresight. I get that he enjoyed being without his family for six weeks. But to actually think murder solves the problem is complete insanity. I always get incredibly curious when you have somebody that is basically crime-free for a good portion of their lives, and then decides to do something incredibly stupid that no one in their right mind would even think about, let alone try.... you always kinda wonder what makes these people snap like this. What makes people think, “Oh, this extreme crime will solve all of my problems.” Sooooo weird.

I always think about this. That so many men would rather kill than get divorced. There are countless forensic file and 48hr episodes of stories exactly like that. In what backasswards logic do these men live. It’s truly fascinating, and clearly their brain blocks out some form of logic. They don’t even consider for a second they will spend life in jail? Dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member