CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Shanann hired a Private Investigator while she was in NC?

Or, maybe her father had the money, and sensed Chris was doing his daughter wrong, so he hired the PI?

There was a major reason for her taking the girls and going back to NC for this long visit. Naturally, Shanann is not going into the actual details or reason for this long visit on her FB, but a happily married woman doesn’t leave for this time period. IMO.
I doubt it she probably didn’t have a clue he was with men sexually until he sprung it on her after a long trip late at night when she got home. Perhaps she noticed something was amiss and that’s how the emotional conversation started at 2am and that’s when he took out his entire family because she threatened to tell everyone and her perfect family and husband had just fallen apart. She was probably an emotional wreck anyway from being pregnant and he went into a rage. I think she would have told her friend on the way from the airport if there had been a private detective.

I want to say thanks to @GraceG for helping me to figure out the name of Edward Zakrzewski. (Also @MrsWatson and @Harriet Vane for offering to help).

He is an example of a family annihilator who did not commit suicide.

He had no criminal history, yet murdered his wife and two children (ages 5 and 7). He then went on the run. Several months later, someone identified him from the program Unsolved Mysteries, and he turned himself in.

This case was completely overshadowed by the OJ Simpson case - the bodies were found the morning of June 13, 1994, just hours after the bodies of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman were found.

He is still on death row today.

You can read more about him here

Does anyone know if one of the crime prodcast folks has covered this case?. I listen to a lot of Google podcast.

Actually more than one juror said that they (the jury) wanted to hear from Scott and no, I don't think that would be grounds for an appeal. It was said after the trial was over.

Jurors can talk all they want after the trial. In Peterson's case, the jurors got negative attention with how they reacted. It was speculated that one of the jurors lied to get on the case and that was the reason for appeal.

When asked if they'd had an argument before she vanished, he said: 'It wasn't an argument it was an emotional conversation.

To me, if an affair is discovered and discussed between a couple then it would become a full blown argument based on natural reactions of a spouse being told that kind of news. BUT if CW admitted to SW ONLY that he had homosexual feelings then it could be an "emotional conversation" whereby he doesn't admit to a homosexual affair per say but to having homosexual feelings.

Thank you Cbs!
Those APPEAR to be WIFi IP. If they are, they need to be secured when you install them, if you do not, anyone who knows where to find it can view it you will never even know. They can even move the camera angles. I own several home WIFI IP cameras inside and outside of my home and I made sure that they were secure prior to setting the final installs. I have had them for years with no problems. I also have online subscriptions where they are archived. ( I have 2 different brand cams)
You would not believe how many people purchase cams, set them up without adjusting the security settings. I see the WIFI icon in the top left of her screen in a quick part of that video, but I do not see the lock icon beside it. ( providing her cam displays the WIFI lock)
I cannot post the website link, but there is a site that has every cam that is unsecured and it is scary what you can see when you put in a state and city.

You can’t tell if someone is “blue” from these cameras. CW is lying. Thank you for posting these.

I think coming out as having affairs (either gender) happened before the six week trip. SW probably had to get away for awhile to process it.

Because she already knew he was a loser, he figured after he enjoyed her absence that he had to get rid of her and the girls.

The emotional conversation probably went more like, “How could you do this to the girls?” And then pleading for her life. Yeah, that would be really super emotional.

Last edited:
Video of LE removing a black garbage bag from home. It looks like a yellow comforter in the bag based on the shape and softness. To me it would be a childs comforter because of the color and size if that is what it is. Also in the video, what is on the back of CW's truck? Looks like big hoses?
Christopher Watts is denied bail in the murder of his wife and young children | Daily Mail Online
4F22EAAA00000578-6068245-Police_remove_bags_of_evidence_from_the_family_s_home_on_Wednesd-a-14_1534459109180.jpg
Thanks for this. I have no idea how you find things so quickly!

I'm not sure if this pic is of the defense removing potential evidence from home or not.

Anyways, does
Anyone know if/when prosecution finds out what defense removed from home?

I have no idea what that is in his truck. Looks big, tho.

Last edited:
This is a common story married men who want to cheat tell:

"He told me that he was the victim of emotional and verbal abuse and he was trapped in a loveless marriage and he didn’t know of any way out because of his kids, because of the girls," the man told Banfield.

Which I know doesn't prove anything either way. Just an observation.

Wasn’t this all a hoax story anyway? Is there any verifiable evidence that any of this was true? As far as I understand, the only confirmed affair is the one mentioned by LE.

When asked if they'd had an argument before she vanished, he said: 'It wasn't an argument it was an emotional conversation.

To me, if an affair is discovered and discussed between a couple then it would become a full blown argument based on natural reactions of a spouse being told that kind of news. BUT if CW admitted to SW ONLY that he had homosexual feelings then it could be an "emotional conversation" whereby he doesn't admit to a homosexual affair per say but to having homosexual feelings.
That along with he wanted a legal separation is enough to rock her world. I wonder why this couldn’t have waited at a more decent hour? She must have discovered something when she got home to get this emotional conversation going at 2am. Did she catch him in bed with someone? Was something left behind by lover she saw and questioned him about it? Perhaps she saw a text on his phone? If that caller was telling the truth CW took the girls with them on an outing. So maybe the girls just thought this person as daddy’s friend. Perhaps he promised the lover he was having an affair with he would tell SW when she got home.

I agree ! If it was a fight that escalated into murder then he killed her first...but then no reason to kill the babies imo....but if he planned it in order to be completely free, then he could have killed the girls before she arrived home.
My best, most fervent hope is that none of them ever knew what was coming.
Hi - I'm playing catch up here...SW went out of town for 6 weeks, right? But were the girls with her on that trip or not? Thanks for your help -

Reactions: BUF
Actually more than one juror said that they (the jury) wanted to hear from Scott and no, I don't think that would be grounds for an appeal. It was said after the trial was over.

Oh no. That would be absolutely grounds for an appeal. It's a person's fifth amendment privilege and juries are strictly instructed that they cannot hold the defendant's failure to testify against them when determining guilt or innocence. It cannot be a factor.

So it doesn't matter at all if it was said after the trial ended. That would be evidence of juror misconduct and grounds for appeal.

I doubt it she probably didn’t have a clue he was with men sexually until he sprung it on her after a long trip late at night when she got home. Perhaps she noticed something was amiss and that’s how the emotional conversation started at 2am and that’s when he took out his entire family because she threatened to tell everyone and her perfect family and husband had just fallen apart. She was probably an emotional wreck anyway from being pregnant and he went into a rage. I think she would have told her friend on the way from the airport if there had been a private detective.
That's if you believe his story that they had an emotional talk.

Sorry, but I can't believe any of what he said, other than telling LE where the bodies were...and my guess is that LE already had a lead on that and cornered him about it during questioning.

IMO, he planned this, as he planned where he was going to dispose of the bodies ahead of time. BTW, how did he obtain the key to unlock the gate where he disposed of the bodies?

No, no PI involved.

Thank you Cbs!
Those APPEAR to be WIFi IP. If they are, they need to be secured when you install them, if you do not, anyone who knows where to find it can view it you will never even know. They can even move the camera angles. I own several home WIFI IP cameras inside and outside of my home and I made sure that they were secure prior to setting the final installs. I have had them for years with no problems. I also have online subscriptions where they are archived. ( I have 2 different brand cams)
You would not believe how many people purchase cams, set them up without adjusting the security settings. I see the WIFI icon in the top left of her screen in a quick part of that video, but I do not see the lock icon beside it. ( providing her cam displays the WIFI lock)
I cannot post the website link, but there is a site that has every cam that is unsecured and it is scary what you can see when you put in a state and city.

I have the same as SW had and it’s not the WIFI signal strength, those bars indicate the signal strength from the camera to the parental monitor screen. i.e., the further the screen gets away from the camera, that signal strength will go down.
Embarrassing but funny new parent story. When we installed our monitor and cameras the first time ever, I thought that was a WiFi signal like on a cell phone. I freaked, made hubby uninstall it all, packed it up and went to the store. I specifically didn’t want one with WiFi. Poor guy at the retail counter. Eh, at least I gave him a laugh.

That along with he wanted a legal separation is enough to rock her world. I wonder why this couldn’t have waited at a more decent hour? She must have discovered something when she got home to get this emotional conversation going at 2am. Did she catch him in bed with someone? Was something left behind by lover she saw and questioned him about it? Perhaps she saw a text on his phone? If that caller was telling the truth CW took the girls with them on an outing. So maybe the girls just thought this person as daddy’s friend. Perhaps he promised the lover he was having an affair with he would tell SW when she got home.

I'm really leaning towards this scenario. I think something was discovered when she got home. That was the emotional argument. However that conversation went, IMO, led him to decide to kill her and the children. I think it happened in the 4 o'clock hour. SW said she only gets 4 hours of sleep and gets up at 4 am (Thrivin'). Maybe she stuck with her normal wake time. If the girls go to bed at 630 pm, I would imagine they might get up then too, or shortly after? Maybe she was up the girls, found something, woke him up, and they fought. Girls may have simply been just witnesses after all.

Hi - I'm playing catch up here...SW went out of town for 6 weeks, right? But were the girls with her on that trip or not? Thanks for your help -
Yes, the girls were with SW. He went to NC with them and stayed one week. She remained for five more weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay