CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting that. I remember that SW was Roman Catholic. Do we know what CW's faith background was?

Interestingly, I didn't see any crucifixes on the walls of the Watts home (ETA: I'm not Catholic, but that's a 'thing', right?), and while she talked about being "blessed," I never heard her say or post anything that was overtly religious. Did any of you? There aren't any pictures of church activities, as I recall.

I'm not suggesting this means anything one way or the other. Maybe it seems odd to me because the last murder I was so wrapped up in was the Missy Bevers case, that occurred in a church. Speaking of Theories of the Case, that one is so perplexing because we don't know the Who or the Why.

JMO, but my thoughts are that she was raised Roman Catholic. SW was divorced and I'm not sure if CW was Catholic or if she married CW in the Catholic church. Where I live, if you wish to marry in the Catholic church, you must agree to raise any children from the marriage as Catholics. If you are divorced, you must also obtain a religious annulment for that marriage.

According to Shanann Watts' obituary in the Sandhills Sentinel, the funeral Mass is set for 1 p.m. Saturday, September 1 at the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Pinehurst.

The service will be live streamed on the Boles Funeral Homes and Crematory's Facebook page.

Thank you, TexasTS. I am aware of the funeral mass in Pinehurst; however I was inquiring if anyone knew whether it would be allowed to be streamed at the Weld County jail where Chris Watts is being held.

OMG, that is SO PRECIOUS!!

WHY, CHRIS?!? WHY DID YOU DO IT???

Ugh.... My first reaction is indignation and outrage, and then I find myself realizing that SW is there videotaping this precious moment (ETA: and posting it to SM), and wondering if this is just another example of portraying the perfect family.

I hate that I'm second-guessing this now!

Regarding the "emotional conversation" comment on CW's interview, I was thinking all along, and you all may have too, that the interviewer asked CW if they had an argument the night before she went missing. But that's not what he asked. He asked at 4:46 "This might be a tough question, did you guys get into an argument before she left?" I take that to mean before she left for Arizona, not before she went missing. Anyone else catch that? That leads me to think that Shanann told CW she wanted to separate after she returned home from NC, but before she left for Arizona. Which could be why CW refers to the "last few days" as being rough, or whatever he said.

Hope it's okay to put a YouTube link?

That's a very good question @Steelhead ....did that "emotional conversation" happen prior to AZ. I hadn't thought of that .

[/QUOTE]
You're far, far too kind talisman.
No I don't find them "creepy" ( Not a word I often use anyway, even when

Caveat - our major problem is we have no CW SM profiles left. As said before, we are gleaning from there, instead of where we'd like to focus - on his FBk , Instagram, Twitter etc. So we're looking for signs thru her SM, it's all we have so there's more material and more focus there than there might be.

the pix of the kids - no , not phony, they're darling kids. However some of the family pix are for marketing. (That's part of the reason that the media has latched onto it - AB on HLN continually saying- what is behind the "perfect family" murders. Obvs we all know the "perfect family" doesn't exist, except in fairytales or........advertising/marketing.)

I find some of the ones where SW talks about her husband's qualities - now - with hindsight - more worrying. You look for signs, isn't that human nature, esp on crime site? So I'm thinking as i watched: do I believe it; does Shan believe it; is she actually speaking to herself? Are these wishes she wants him to see? Some of those seem to be far less about brand promotion. ( Some times I can't see the dividing line - which films/photos are business, which pleasure? eg which are for Gran, pals etc)

I saw some vids of hols, eg one in Denver which I would not have thought twice of had there not been a crime. In hindsight the dynamic between the in-laws now seems more interesting, in view of all the many posts I've read here, from others, here about PeanutGate.

Could I feel creepy about any of the vids, posts? Potentially. I looked at the hailstone video in Colorado one - his car's in it , I suppose someone might say that was creepy/ominous, considering what happened.
The announcing of the pregnancy - I can't take that vid at face value because of what he did and because it was stagey . So yes, you could say that there's some foreboding watching that, considering that we now know pregnant women are more at risk.

So with hindsight I can see why people might find all sorts of stuff there & maybe stuff that's not there eg the covered doll FB post, I see nothing creepy about that but countless others have but different strokes for different folks.
'

Perfect & insightful post, again :cool:

My thoughts on the 'stagey' family pictures are - don't most if us 'pose' or 'stage' our family pics & portraits? I mean at gatherings, some one says, "ok, now a group picture! Let's all squeeze in here now." Or something along those lines. Heck! I'm not photogenic in the least, but I smile just the same ('coz I know I'm pretty inside!:cool:) JK! JK! and just hope the camera picks it up just this ONE time!:)

Thank you, again!

(my phone is acting wonky or this site is. If I've double posted, I apologize or if I've somehow messed up anyone's replies: Sorry!)

I don't know that one fight in a driveway is very significant.. And while she says it all took place in 30 seconds, we don't know if the fight started earlier in the house and was wrapping up when the neighbour claims she saw them in the driveway.

I agree. It's just one piece of a 5000-piece puzzle.

I know nothing about the oil and gas industry. These oil tanks the bodies were placed in — how are they maintained, filled, emptied, cleaned, etc. Would anyone have ever found the two bodies under normal circumstances in the future? Does anyone ever open, look into, drain the tank or anything like that?

Shan'ann strikes me as someone who would keep a journal.

Fingers crossed.

Agree with you - would be wonderful if she could have that real private voice that could testify, now she's been robbed of her voice.

she says in the videos that she makes lists of pros/cons in her life or of dilemma, so could be innermost thoughts somewhere

The why is what people always try to figure out with family annihilators. It's the intriguing and frightening part.

But one thing that's certain to me is it is never about the family. Even those who have disabled children or whatever and "lose it". It's not about the spouse or the kids.

I've seen repeated attempts on here to slyly cast blame on Shanann for the atrocities committed by her husband. She must've been insane. Borderline. A nagging perfectionist. Controlling. A phony monster pushing her husband into insanity by making him part of the perfect charade she had created.

I find all of that disgusting, frankly. Victim shaming and blaming.

I'm not saying Shanann was perfect but certain people are looking for excuses for the murders in HER behavior when past family annihilators show it's always about them, not the actions of their families.

This is about thefamily annihilator and nothing more. Typically there tend to be two main motivators: The first is shame - they feel they are losing control of their family and/or have deep financial problems and/or secrets and lies they fear will come out. Mark Hacking who killed his wife and unborn child is a great example of this type.

He had pretended to have a degree and to have gotten into a wonderful college. He faked it all. His wife was preparing to move, packing and trying to obtain student housing when she discovered that the university had no record of him being enrolled. She was murdered soon after that shameful discovery.

The second is a desire to be free from the constraints of family life. Many of these annihilators also have secret affairs. Or just want to be free from their families. Chris Vaughan is a great example of this type.

Another creep who slaughtered his innocent family and tried to blame it on his wife, he had researched living in the Canadian Wilderness and had travelled there numerous times to find a place to live. He was having multiple affairs. He just wanted out.
https://www.lifedeathprizes.com/real-life-crime/youre-judge-shot-family-day-10045

Some annihilators are a combination- like Neil Entwhistle.

But none of this can ever be explained by the behaviors or personalities of the victims. It is always about the failures of character and soul of the perps. They are typically either isolated, deeply insecure loners who can't cope well with life and with stressors like financial issues or spouses who become independent and perhaps leave them and/or they're sociopathic narcissists for whom life is all about themselves and their needs, rather than their precious family's needs.

That's the "why". We are dealing with extremely twisted individuals who destroy innocent, unsuspecting and thus, very vulnerable family members.

We need to examine these monsters more closely rather than trying to justify or excuse their evil deeds by examining the behaviors of their victims.

100% agree

Modern civilization, innovation, technology, etc. aside, I find it very odd and troubling (from a basic personality and decision-making perspective) that so many people these days find it no big deal at all to post so may detailed photos and videos of themselves and their underage children for the entire world to see. Just think about all the ramifications.

It really is crazy. I was part of a mom group on Facebook. One mom posted a picture of her naked daughter sitting on the potty. I congratulated her on the achievement but suggested that that was a picture probably better kept for their private albums. You should have seen the responses that I got from the other moms! About how innocent it was and how I was the one with the problem if I saw it as anything but... There were over 500 people in that group... No way to verify who others were, etc. I was just trying to look out for the child. I left the group after that.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I spend so much time on here, but I am very careful about who is on my friends list and what I post, especially when it comes to my children.

I do have other friends involved in MLMs and they definitely post way more stuff. Cute kids get comments/likes. Comments/likes increase traffic and people seeing your posts about the product you're selling.

That's a very good question @Steelhead ....did that "emotional conversation" happen prior to AZ. I hadn't thought of that .
Yes, I think it happened before the AZ conference.

The time was ripe for an "emotional conversation." I don't know about all of you, but I usually came home exhausted after traveling with my little kids. Plus she was pregnant. Plus they were having marital problems. Plus she had to turn around and go to a conference in just a couple of days.

As for him, he might have been tired too, and also perhaps lingering in the memory of spending time alone for five weeks.

Perfect storm for an "emotional conversation," imo.

jmo

I completely understand what you're saying & it makes complete sense. But, as many professional & intelligent posters here have said - people like CW are great at mimicking. Some of them can do it for years on end.

Did Shanann ever see beyond CW's mask? Probably not until it was too late. We might not ever know. I believe Shanann had just started to notice something was 'off' with her husband. It can happen that way. You're going along the highway in your reliable car and 'BOOM'!! you have a blow out, someone sideswips you, or head on collisions. "Well, they never did take care of that car!" or "They should've taken that car for a tune up & that wouldn't have happened!!"

Did that make any sense? Jeez! I beat my head when I read posters that are succinct! For real!!

They can mimic but certainly not every situation because there may be no role model present.

Look at his videos where he talks about them missing. They are absurd and most people see how ludicrous.

He thinks he has bamboozeld everyone.

Think about how inappropriate his reaction is to the shirt his recently murdered wife gave him.

People who want to be believers choose to ignore the obvious. But in the back of the mind how many red flags can one ignore?

Completely agree. I don’t know if anyone else does this, you try to play this over and over in your mind, and it’s just obscene and something out of a very tough movie. I do the same thing with what happened in the house between 1:48am and 5:30am.

That is exactly what I meant by 'haunted'.
I can't mentally get past a few steps without screaming (again, mentally, otherwise I'd be fired 1,000 times over) 'NO THEY DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS!'
Or
'I cannot live with this I will turn myself in right this minute!'

How he managed that not once, but twice, is beyond me.

Soulless. Beast. Scum person.

I have been very good about not clicking on videos or pictures of SW or the kids. This one I clicked on. Now, I'm ugly crying all over again. That SOB!

Cry, cry, cry it all out.

Last week I was aimlessly scrolling through her FB looking at videos and pictures. I couldn't put my finger on what I was searching for... a clue? a reason?

When I went to her brother's FB page, I realized what I was searching for... I just needed to grieve this amazing mom and her precious babies.

I sobbed for 25+ mins.

I know many think CW killed the children sometime after the party Sunday and before SW got home Monday at 1:48am. I’ve been wondering though if he would have waited until SW got home. What if the friend were to want to help SW carry in stuff, or need to use the bathroom, or help her to the door if SW wasn’t well, or anything like that. Would he have considered that. I guess I’m wondering if the kids were asleep, not dead yet, at 1:48am. If they all went to bed shortly after 1:48am. And once asleep, he killed Shanann first, then killed the girls. I’m torn between this and the other option — girls were already dead by 1:48am, and he either killed SW very quickly after she walked in the door, or after she saw the kids dead - IF she even saw that or knew.

Bumping in case members missed Tricia's post (or are ignoring it for some reason):

Hey Everyone,

A bit of clarification.

Please, no more discussion on the viability of Shanann's company or whether her company was or wasn't a pyramid scheme. No more digging up documents or complaints or anything to do with the function of the company. The fact is Shanann's company is not what we are discussing.

If want to discuss if job stress may have contributed to Shanann and Chris' relationship problems please make sure it is in the realm of reality and not the Twilight Zone.

Thank you,
Tricia

I would like to know what reason he gave LE for the sheets being in the kitchen trash? IMO SW came home with a suspicion he had been wandering, then found evidence on the sheets that AP had been there and that's when it all kicked off. No way was she lying on those sheets, in fact she wasn't even going to launder them- they were OUT.

I am starting to think he wrapped SW in the one... and just tossed the rest in the trash intending to do something with them when he did 'something' to the rest of her stuff. He left everything else for later... so that was too.

It really is crazy. I was part of a mom group on Facebook. One mom posted a picture of her naked daughter sitting on the potty. I congratulated her on the achievement but suggested that that was a picture probably better kept for their private albums. You should have seen the responses that I got from the other moms! About how innocent it was and how I was the one with the problem if I saw it as anything but... There were over 500 people in that group... No way to verify who others were, etc. I was just trying to look out for the child. I left the group after that.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I spend so much time on here, but I am very careful about who is on my friends list and what I post, especially when it comes to my children.

I do have other friends involved in MLMs and they definitely post way more stuff. Cute kids get comments/likes. Comments/likes increase traffic and people seeing your posts about the product you're selling.

I agree with you! I post very few pictures of my grandson and none identify where he is. 1) I don't want to bore people who aren't that interested in kids and 2) His safety and privacy are very important to me and to his parents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18