CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But we don't know, if the two kids, were safe, sleeping!:(
True. There’s so many unanswered questions here. Obviously the motive, level of premeditation, order of the killings, and why the kids? For me, it makes the most sense if Shannan was the first one, and the kids came second. But the door is definitely open to the kids being killed beforehand. It could be a while until we get any clarity on this, and even then, it might not be the truth.

Shanann Watts and her daughters are mourned at their funeral
By Jason Hanna, CNN
Updated 3:54 PM ET, Sat September 1, 2018

....."Shanann was a woman of love. She loved God, she loved her family and she loved her friends," the Rev. John Forbes said at Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Pinehurst.

Forbes also read from a letter from Shanann's brother, Frankie Rzucek, who wrote that she "was born to be a mother."
"Boy, was she ready," Rzucek's letter reads. "Closets were full even before she knew she was pregnant. She couldn't wait."

"She was very successful and independent before any man came along, and that's just the way she wanted it," Rzucek's letter said. "I always worried about her and the girls being so far because I couldn't protect them."....
Shanann Watts funeral: Slain pregnant woman and her daughters remembered - CNN

If CW has one grain of sense (doubtful) he will be glad he was not at the funeral. He'd be smiling too much for some of the folks there. Or humming a little tune.
To bury your pregnant daughter and grandchildren. Unimaginable. Those who died were part of their future and the world's. Now all that is gone.

Oh, I keep thinking of those little caskets (if that is what was arranged for SW and her babies). I remembered the ones in the pictures at the funeral for Colette, Kimberly and Kristen MacDonald. Oh, how sad with grief were Colette's parents and the girls' grandparents. Of course MacDonald was so very, very sad. <gag>
-------------------------------------​
Now it's time for CW.

I feel so bad for SW’s father and family. Good lord, the pain in his/their faces. I dearly hope they take care of themselves the next many weeks, months. I worry especially about her father. The funeral was nice. I’m glad they were able to have it. So sad.

I have never posted before but was wondering if the facts rule out my scenario. First, remember that kids that small are a handful and he was alone Sunday night taking care of them. Could he have snapped on one of the kids and accidentally (with or without malice) killed one of the girls and then decided that he would (irrationally) try to get away with it by sacrificing the rest of the family.? Could he be that much of a narcissist , or that scared, or come to the warped conclusion that Shanann and the living child would be somehow be protected in a sick way from what had happened, His twisted thinking that night as a result of rage/adrenaline/fear/drugs after he killed his own child. Whether it was an accident or not, life and consequences after that will be hell. Then the bodies were taken to the burial site on Sunday night? Then the obvious subsequent actions, i.e Shannan. I admit to not reading everything so just ignore my ignorance but this was my first thought when I heard about this case. People react in irrational and unexplainable ways under duress. That maybe lovers, financials are inconsequential. Is this at all possible? But that said, he's probable a .
Welcome to WS. I doubt your scenario. His children were ages 3 and 4, and not the first time daughters left in care of CW. CW acted intentionally and with malice. MOO

Last edited:
I have never posted before but was wondering if the facts rule out my scenario. First, remember that kids that small are a handful and he was alone Sunday night taking care of them. Could he have snapped on one of the kids and accidentally (with or without malice) killed one of the girls and then decided that he would (irrationally) try to get away with it by sacrificing the rest of the family.? Could he be that much of a narcissist , or that scared, or come to the warped conclusion that Shanann and the living child would be somehow be protected in a sick way from what had happened, His twisted thinking that night as a result of rage/adrenaline/fear/drugs after he killed his own child. Whether it was an accident or not, life and consequences after that will be hell. Then the bodies were taken to the burial site on Sunday night? Then the obvious subsequent actions, i.e Shannan. I admit to not reading everything so just ignore my ignorance but this was my first thought when I heard about this case. People react in irrational and unexplainable ways under duress. That maybe lovers, financials are inconsequential. Is this at all possible? But that said, he's probable a .
Welcome! Thing is if his explanation is to believed he said they were strangled.

I wanted to repost this Daily Beast article. It is very thorough, and includes quite a bit of information about the Watts that we did not have before.

I wanted to comment on this quote:

"On June 15, Shanann wrote, 'Chris, just said he’s been more talkative since he started #Burn! Talking to random strangers. #Hesaintrovert.'”

I have no idea what's in the patches that Chris wore, but I do know that stimulants will make you more talkative and less inhibited, so that you might not be afraid to speak with random strangers.

‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?

Welcome! Thing is if his explanation is to believed he said they were strangled.
True..he said she strangled them. He was obviously avoiding culpability for his guilt. That said, I do think my scenario is a stretch but there is a nagging feeling that sometimes things are not as complex as we make them.

Last edited:
I wanted to repost this Daily Beast article. It is very thorough, and includes quite a bit of information about the Watts that we did not have before.

"On June 15, Shanann wrote, 'Chris, just said he’s been more talkative since he started #Burn! Talking to random strangers. #Hesaintrovert.'”

I have no idea what's in the patches that Chris wore, but I do know that stimulants will make you more talkative and less inhibited, so that you might not be afraid to speak with random strangers.

Sounds like he was sending her huge hints and she wasn't seeing it because CW was doing a tad more than just talking with random strangers he met on the Internet.

That makes me wonder what kind of chemicals are in these patches? It altered his personality?! Wow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/kdvr.c...-town-to-honor-shanann-watts-2-daughters/amp/

The entire town is draped in purple ribbons. You can pick them up for free.

No way could a jury pool come from this area.

Mmmmm, I have to agree. It's a small town. Picking a jury would take many weeks due to prior knowledge of the crime, MSM, SM, people who knew either of them , or who knew the girls well or even those who lived in the neighborhood. Finding around 16 impartial jurors in that town would take a long time, and it may not be possible.
A change of venue request from either side would not be surprising.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Town of Frederick is a Statutory Town in Weld County, Colorado, United States. The population was 8,679 at the 2010 census. Wikipedia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funeral services held in North Carolina for Frederick mother Shanann Watts, daughters

The family asks people to donate to the Lupus Foundation of America, the Frederick (Colo.) Police Department Missing Persons Division or the St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital in lieu of flowers. People can leave messages for the family by clicking here. The obituary says the services will be streamed live at the Boles Funeral Homes and Crematory Facebook page.

They are also asking cards be sent to 425 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Southern Pines, NC 28387.

Read more on what we know so far about the case by clicking here.
Funeral services held in North Carolina for Frederick mother Shanann Watts, daughters

Sounds like he was sending her huge hints and she wasn't seeing it because CW was doing a tad more than just talking with random strangers he met on the Internet.

Yeah, I didn't think about it making him so much more outgoing that he developed the courage (or the rush for risky behavior) to engage in casual sex with strangers. I, too, think somebody needs to investigate what all patches he was wearing or supplements he was taking to look for side effects or drug interactions.

I have heard that the sudden onset of hyper-sexuality (in people older than CW, generally) can be an early symptom of dementia. I hope that his defense team looks into biological/medical causes in addition to psychological ones. Not that it would reduce his criminal culpability, but to find some answers to why this happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop