CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Did he want her found and was leaving her there until he could get a better spot? I do think that a tank was for her as well but he could not pull it off.

Maybe he did not know that you had to have a body for life insurance? This burying her makes no sense

I agree with the theory the grave was temporary til he could get her into a tank. It was probably much harder to carry dead weight up all those stairs than he’d imagined.

It would be cool to have a VI on FAs weigh in. Might make for a good radio show here, like when true crime radio had the school shootings expert on (and others).

(ETA: @Tricia
Note to post this in the Guest Suggestions for Radio Show thread, looking for link)

Last edited:
I was required to get verified before posting my expert opinion.

"We ask that posters that are posting with expertise in a specific area contact Admin so they can confirm your credentials. This is 100% voluntary and no one is ever required to reveal their true identity unless they want to post as an expert. Please know that Admin does not reveal ANYONE'S identity if you should choose to be confirmed.

We ask that members not post with expert information in any area unless you have been verified-especially in those areas where questions are posed specifically to experts."

Professional Posters & Verified Insiders

I suppose the difference would be how one would want to engage in the discussions. "As an expert" that is fact based, and I believe this would take more effort, or one posting their "educated opinion," of which they can give as much detail as they want...keeping it more casual. Make sense? That's it! One is more formal, still in their suit at the water cooler. The other has already shed the tie and is drinking at the bar :-S I think verified has more weight as far as how others respond to the posts. But unverified individuals have weight too, depending on how much they want to bring to the discussion. I'm thinking way too hard about this and I'm probably way wrong! But that's how I see it. Cheers! ;D

This idea is intriguing to me.

IF the girls were in garbage bags, would this preserve evidence? Does anyone know how this may impede or expedite decomposition? (I really hated typing that) :(

Just curious if this scenario may assist the prosecution?
I think garbage bags would help preserve evidence, especially DNA, because the crude would really stick to them and much could evidence could be lost in trying to remove the crude.

Maybe he will dust off the Ninja story and try that one too. ' A male and female, all dressed in black, like Ninjas, came in and took my life, threatened to kill them if I told anyone what happened...'

Like OJ did, dressed like a black ninja? :(

Where do these men get off?
($&@:;’”)&)
(Going to a self imposed timeout)

——
Before I go I want to make a note that I’ve really been thinking about this pillow case in the trash can and all kinds of thoughts have gone through my head about this. None of them good.

Remember, LE got there quickly thanks to NU. He had not fully cleaned up yet imo. We do not know what the examination of the physical evidence at the crime scene has revealed. Who knows what luminal, DNA, fiber analysis, etc etc might have uncovered.

Last edited:
Well that is why I posted the ingredients to all of it. To educate for the people that were guessing ingredients caused it.

Thank you for being here. And for your valuable insight.

So sorry for your loss.

I sincerely hope that the, sometimes aggressive inquiry into possible areas of investigation don't alienate you. It is just endless speculation into an impossible to understand situation, I suppose we grasp at straws for some "reason" why this tragedy occurred. No offense intended to the products that Shannan was so passionate about. She was definitely vibrantly full of positive energy and enthusiasm.

What has always struck me as odd, for lack of a better term, is his calm voice. Is it just me, or is his voice somewhat laidback and non aggressive sounding, I mean the frequency and inflections he uses?

I’m going to admit I haven’t been able to watch the “relationship video” above because every time I start watching it I get angry and sickened. So my above thoughts on his voice are based on the interviews on his front porch and the very beginning of the above video.
He's an average dude, with an average aversion to public speaking. He's not extraordinary in any way and doesn't believe a word coming out of his own mouth. There.

That's a darn good question -- why, indeed...
There have been times in my life where I need the money so much that I considered selling cars. Then I realized you are literally there all the time. Zero quality of life. Unless you sell used cars and can work when you want it's really hard to sell cars for a long time. I think owning a tote-the note lot where you can leave at six and are closed on Sundays is the only way to survive that industry for long (married with children.)

He appeared to worship the ground she walked on. I did not live close to her to be in that immediate circle like Nickole so I didn't say that part of their relationship. From what I did see, she was more of the lead in the relationship and I think he was ok with that. Where I think it became an issue is when she started being more and more successful and taking more and more of her time. I'd imagine he may have started to feel insignificant and look for attention elsewhere. I'm not saying by any means that Shan didn't love him and care just as much but she was so very determined to make a great life for her family. I think he just couldn't handle it
Thank you. I think that makes a lot of sense, but what I have trouble understanding is why that would change his relationship with the girls.

What I'm referring to is what NUA said in her ABC video which was something like "He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is."

This leads me to believe that it wasn't anything that Shanann did or didn't do that caused the distancing, but rather something that was going on with him. Does that make sense?

Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'

Last edited:
He would need to know when his neighbors camera feed overlaps. Because it would be impossible to show her and the kids leaving. It would only show him moving her car at some point.

So he clearly didn't think this through at all.
I was thinking that too. But maybe he thought the neighbors would think that it was Shanann and girls leaving in her car? That could explain why he parked his truck up the street? Not sure what he was planning to do with her car, but after, he would make his way back to his truck and pull in to his drive and say she was gone when he got home. I'm probably way off but I keep wondering why he parked his truck down the street.

He's an average dude, with an average aversion to public speaking. He's not extraordinary in any way and doesn't believe a word coming out of his own mouth. There.
Agreed! I used to teach college-level gen ed classes. Seems like a pretty standard lack of effort/engagement response to an assignment. It definitely gives some insight into how he thinks, but if it weren't for the crime, I wouldn't really bat an eye at how he presents himself in that speech other than to think I hope he didn't get a very good grade.

I was thinking that too. But maybe he thought the neighbors would think that it was Shanann and girls leaving in her car? That could explain why he parked his truck up the street? Not sure what he was planning to do with her car, but after, he would make his way back to his truck and pull in to his drive and say she was gone when he got home. I'm probably way off but I keep wondering why he parked his truck down the street.
I think that he parked down the street in the hope that LE would not find it, but nothing he has done is well thought out, so who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member