CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very confused. Why is there so much discussion on medicines? I must have missed where someone was on them. Could someone please link me a MSM so I can read about their medical condition? Is CW or SW ?
I believe the thread went off on a tangent when folks were trying to find an explanation and speculate as to why and how he could do such a thing! But of course, no one here knows anything about either of their medical charts. We really only know they used the Thrive patches. ;)

I suppose the difference would be how one would want to engage in the discussions. "As an expert" that is fact based, and I believe this would take more effort, or one posting their "educated opinion," of which they can give as much detail as they want...keeping it more casual. Make sense? That's it! One is more formal, still in their suit at the water cooler. The other has already shed the tie and is drinking at the bar :-S I think verified has more weight as far as how others respond to the posts. But unverified individuals have weight too, depending on how much they want to bring to the discussion. I'm thinking way too hard about this and I'm probably way wrong! But that's how I see it. Cheers! ;D

Thank you! I'm about to go back and address @gitana1's evidence question, but what you wrote was going to be part of my answer. In a nutshell, I come to the internet to avoid my day job, not to continue it. If I wanted to do a bunch of legal research, I've got a stack of files sitting next to my computer with people willing to pay me <lawyer rates> to work on their problems. LOL.

What has always struck me as odd, for lack of a better term, is his calm voice. Is it just me, or is his voice somewhat laidback and non aggressive sounding, I mean the frequency and inflections he uses?

I’m going to admit I haven’t been able to watch the “relationship video” above because every time I start watching it I get angry and sickened. So my above thoughts on his voice are based on the interviews on his front porch and the very beginning of the above video.
I haven't been able to get through it either -- it nauseates me. Yuck. <shiver>

‘Everyone Liked Him’: Did Colorado Dad Chris Watts Lead a Double Life?
Someone asked earlier about them qualifying for a house purchase and their income.

According to his former employer, CW was hired to work at a Ford dealership before they moved to Colorado in 2012.
Shannan was hired by the same dealership to work in their internet department.
At the time of their house purchase, he was supposedly making $141K IIRC which would be pretty high even if he was ASE and Ford factory certified IMHO.
As someone else pointed out, SW may have not been on the original FHA application due to income levels.
Someone had pointed out earlier that this was because she was not a first time home owner.

He's an average dude, with an average aversion to public speaking. He's not extraordinary in any way and doesn't believe a word coming out of his own mouth. There.

Interesting. I wonder if Shanann wrote the entire presentation. He probably took the class because she wanted him to.

I wrote almost every single paper for my ex husband's doctorate in Psychology. He was too "busy" working. I should have the degree!

Thank you @Waterdog The conversation had continued after Sillybilly had told us about all she had to do today. That is why I thot the conversation was relevant. I didn't see Moo by the posts,so I thot there had to be a link. Thanks for helping me to understand.

So, I’m no attorney (not even close, I can barely staaaand reading those codes lol), but, I’m trying to understand in my mind why I’m not sure it was “planned”, per say. Meaning, as I stated earlier, I think this is something he could have had thoughts about for a while, but there are some things that bother me about the theory of premeditation, which I’d like to work out further here.

In Shanann’s video, she referred to Chris as very book smart, iirc.

I’d like to look at @gitana1 ‘s fantastic listed post again, as well as her other posts again re: her thoughts on possible premeditation as related here for a cross comparison against the theory of “snapped”, which I’m still somewhat hung up on.

(Also note to find a quote I read before re: (anti-)“snapped” aspect of FAs)

Last edited:
One thing interesting to me looking at SW fb is her first post was of her opening boxes starting her job from home selling her THRIVE. IMO this account was meant as a endorsement to recruit and sell and not so much personal account . We must remember we are looking at edited and selected versions of her life. The media IMO is also editing information for sensationalism headlines (how many did we see saying C.W. confessed to all the murders) and upon reading the article you see “supposedly, unverified, or someone’s theory” but it is headlined as fact . I feel he is guilty , I just thing several media outlets have done a poor job reporting. It seems the police have done an excellent job keeping investigative facts secret and protected for the trial. If other witnesses are added when will that be released? The ones we have seen thus far are just indicative of the police arrest warrant statement right?

I am very confused. Why is there so much discussion on medicines? I must have missed where someone was on them. Could someone please link me a MSM so I can read about their medical condition? Is CW or SW ?
Someone speculated that he could have been on medications and it took off from there.
Someone had pointed out earlier that this was because she was not a first time home owner.
That makes sense. Where I live first time home owners are entitled to an almost $20,000 grant. My daughter and son in law's home is in her name only, because he had owned a home before and was not eligible for the grant.
It makes no difference anyway, because the home is seen as a marital asset and would be divided between them if they split.

@isalybra Hi! I’ve been dying to ask you if you were FB friends with C.W. I read that his page was filled with family and Thrive, just like Shanann’s, but I’d love to know if he was as loving and complimentary toward her as she was toward him? Thanks, I appreciate your time.

Knowing what is known now, I found it chilling to watch him. He had knowledge of how to try to fix a marriage and he could have just gotten out of his. His choices were so bizarre.

Wow, well said:

“He had knowledge of how to try to fix a marriage and he could have just gotten out...”

And there you have it folks.

He said he text her after he left the house that morning. Her phone was still in their loft. Her pings would have shown her phone never left the house. Plus it would show she never called nor texted anyone while he was at work.

Then he would probably have said they may have been abducted from the home while he was at work.

But the neighbors camera would have shown that to be impossible.

So this guy was screwed anyway we look at it. Jmo.

Excellent sleuthing, Dexter!

SBM

Good thoughts. I've been meaning to say that I don't think the Watts' home had a back gate. Their lot backed up to an undeveloped set of lots until fairly recently, when a developer started building what looks like some multi-family homes behind them. We could go back to some of the video of SW on the deck or CW mowing the lawn to make sure, but I'd bet a wooden nickel that there is not back gate, just a gate on the garage side of the house that goes to the front. We don't typically have back alleys in Colorado. Sometimes there will be a gate from a back alley into an open space, but I doubt that would happen here.

The fence in back was 6 feet high, so I don't see pregnant SW or the two young children scaling the fence to sneak away from CW.
I would have loved to have seen the look on his face when he was informed about the cameras.

images

Interesting. I wonder if Shanann wrote the entire presentation. He probably took the class because she wanted him to.

I wrote almost every single paper for my ex husband's doctorate in Psychology. He was too "busy" working. I should have the degree!
Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member