CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure that they can make that distinction if it were only a short space of time.
I would imagine that they could tell from stomach contents if the girls were killed much earlier.

My guess is that the prosecution will want and need to paint a very specific picture and have a specific theory in presenting their case in the courtroom, if the evidence can so provide.

My guess is that the prosecution will want and need to paint a picture and have a specific theory in the courtroom.
You cannot prove what you can't prove. They can offer a theory of when the deaths occurred, but if they happened in rapid succession, it would be very hard to prove which one happened first. There would be no forensic evidence, re time of death.

The arrest affidavit clearly states this. I completely missed it when I read it previously.
A matching sheet was discovered on Wednesday also, approximately at 4:15 pm, near the tank battery at CERVI 319.
The drone search also revealed fresh movement of dirt consistent with a clandestine grave.

Later that night CW confessed and was arrested at 11:02 pm.

Excellent point. I assumed LE found the pillow cases and sheet in the kitchen trash on Tuesday and I assumed wrong. I went back and re-read the arrest affidavit and the pillow cases and sheet were found by LE in the kitchen trash on Wednesday.
But when they first arrived Monday afternoon the bed was stripped and the bedding was on the floor. They checked the bedding for signs of foul play and found none.

But when they first arrived Monday afternoon the bed was stripped and the bedding was on the floor. They checked the bedding for signs of foul play and found none.
The bedding on the floor could have been the doona, the mattress protector and the pillows. s
You have to ask, why was it on the floor? What happened in that bed for him to put it on the floor. I would bet that that is where Shanann was killed. Not in the children's rooms as he claims.

Good Morning My True Crime Angels,
I am taking my time driving home to Utah. Should be back in the forum late this afternoon.
The Watts thread is open.
Please be kind to each other, follow our terms of service and thanks for joining Websleuths.
Tricia

Hi everyone, been on Websleuths forever but rarely post, I'm sure I have had more than 3 likes!
Back to business, some threads ago I followed a link from a MSM newspaper to a Twitter account of a woman who claimed she had an affair with CW which ended in March/April this year. She stated that he told her he was single with no children. She had decided to post because she felt that she had done nothing wrong given his lies, but was aware that names would be released eventually. Her name was there for all to see. It would take some doing to find it, but I might be able to find it through my history files. I am unclear if Twitter is allowed, but it did come from MSM. Maybe he has had more than one or three affairs. This last one must be only months old since she gave him up in March/April this year. Of course he could have had one or two on the go at the same time. I will have a look for it, but might not be able to post it. I could at least direct you to the MSM to read for yourselves. I believe he killed his wife and children. The threads moved so fast I never got a chance to post this. Apologies if already discussed.

I hadn’t heard or may have missed it. I was wondering as to clothes they were in, as far as time of death relation
Thank you. I think that makes a lot of sense, but what I have trouble understanding is why that would change his relationship with the girls.

What I'm referring to is what NUA said in her ABC video which was something like "He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is."

This leads me to believe that it wasn't anything that Shanann did or didn't do that caused the distancing, but rather something that was going on with him. Does that make sense?

Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'
r

The bedding on the floor could have been the doona, the mattress protector and the pillows. s
You have to ask, why was it on the floor? What happened in that bed for him to put it on the floor. I would bet that that is where Shanann was killed. Not in the children's rooms as he claims.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm wondering if this ties into why LE thinks the little girls might have been killed first, as August 12-13 is listed for their deaths?

It’s encouraging to see technology come to the aid of crime solving. Cameras in most neighborhoods, gps on phones and in cars, social media, DNA websites, etc.

It’s damn near impossible to commit a crime now without getting caught......hopefully all of the evidence in this case will lead to a conviction and LWOP for CW.

Also, we can only hope that soon all of this technology will be a deterrent for others to commit crimes and we can live happily ever after ❤️

Why did my post correcting another users misinformation about IUDs get deleted? It was my first post, yes, but it was relevant to the conversation. Thanks for the warm welcome, I guess.

I agree. When our posts are deleted, it would help, if we received an explanation.
Often, we have 'no idea' why!

Thank you. I think that makes a lot of sense, but what I have trouble understanding is why that would change his relationship with the girls.

What I'm referring to is what NUA said in her ABC video which was something like "He wasn't being the loving Chris that he normally was. He wasn't touching or hugging or doing stuff like that. He wasn't being as attentive to the girls as he normally is."

This leads me to believe that it wasn't anything that Shanann did or didn't do that caused the distancing, but rather something that was going on with him. Does that make sense?

Video: Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband on why something 'didn't seem right'
Not to make a bad situation worse did he become sexually interested in the girls

Hi everyone, been on Websleuths forever but rarely post, I'm sure I have had more than 3 likes!
Rsbm

(Hi Gecko100, I have to giggle at your post bc it appears you’ve been a member here since 2010 so I’m sure that you do have more than 3 likes with 522 posts lol. There was a forum transfer to a new software platform recently and in the process everyone’s “thanks” (now called “likes”) didn’t transfer...its funny because now for old members, on their profiles, it looks like they had a bunch of posts which nobody found valuable lol. Oh well :). I did notice something however, there is a place on your profile (“postings”?) which pulls up the pages of all your thanked posts at the very bottom, I accidentally came across it the other day. I guess if one really wants to know how many thanks they have they could multiply the posts per page by the number of pages...I’ll try it and see if it works.
ETA: Ok it’s actually under “Likes You’ve Received”, if you scroll all the way down there’s a menu bar with pages of your likes, mine says 8694 pages. Now I will check the number of posts per page...ok it’s 20 posts per page. So, in my case that would be 8694 x 20, whatever that is. Eta: So that would be 173,880 likes/thanks out of 26,807 total posts (right now it just says 16,706 likes). I’ll add this post to the Welcome to Websleuths 4 thread for anyone who wants to try it. I think some other people might have asked about this as well.)

Last edited:
Back to business, some threads ago I followed a link from a MSM newspaper to a Twitter account of a woman who claimed she had an affair with CW which ended in March/April this year. She stated that he told her he was single with no children. She had decided to post because she felt that she had done nothing wrong given his lies, but was aware that names would be released eventually. Her name was there for all to see. It would take some doing to find it, but I might be able to find it through my history files. I am unclear if Twitter is allowed, but it did come from MSM. Maybe he has had more than one or three affairs. This last one must be only months old since she gave him up in March/April this year. Of course he could have had one or two on the go at the same time. I will have a look for it, but might not be able to post it. I could at least direct you to the MSM to read for yourselves. I believe he killed his wife and children. The threads moved so fast I never got a chance to post this. Apologies if already discussed.

I think the original news article from MSM would be allowed. Not sure if direct quote from Twitter is. Would be interested to see it tho!

I think he was having an affair & they were having financial issues.
I think he got a sitter while SW was in AZ & was seen out with AP.
I think someone saw something & told SW. She knew bad times were ahead, that’s why she told NU she was really going to need a friend as they headed home.
I think she confronted CW about what she’d been told. I think he took it as his chance to admit he wanted out.
I think she told him no. (I’m not blaming her. She was newly pregnant with 2 young children and was working hard to improve their financial situation. She probably wanted time to try to make things better).
I think he seemingly retreated, as he always did, and they went to bed as both were tired & had things to do the next day.
I think he laid there & all of his anger & resentment that had built up erupted in complete madness. He killed her to exert his power, his will.
I can’t explain the babies. :(
MOO

I really feel he had this planned out. I don't think it was a last minute thing. I think he planned it while she was gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles