CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm confused because I don't see him as someone who controlled, abused, or stood in her way - and haven't noticed that is something others are saying.

I'm sorry for what you went through...and so glad you got out. You're right that many people don't understand what abuse looks like unless they are in the situation themselves. Many WS here do know, unfortunately.

jmo
Yes, many of us here do know. After hearing the descriptions of SW from her friends and family, I have no doubt she would NOT have stayed in an abusive relationship. She had a blossoming career, good friends, a house that had appreciated in value and a close family. All necessary emotional and financial support systems to help her out of the marriage. I think the one with serious emotional instability was CW and SW didn't realize just how darkly serious it was because of the facade he created.

CW strikes me as Passive Agressive. The sort to walk away from important conversations or disagreements--- just leave people wondering wth? He seems almost childlike. Not equipped for grownup life Maybe a grown man who pouts. Just seems he would do zero , zip, nada unless he got lots of praise, recognition, kudos.

Moo
Which may explain all the glowing praise on SM from SW? Interesting.

Hudson is on the way to the well site -- so yes, he may have stopped there, but I would think he would be too paranoid to risk stopping there on his way to the well site - JMO - and I can't see him stopping there on the way back, either, but who knoze? Maybe he had a lot of nerve, or he was just nutzola. Or maybe he was just babbling because being quiet was to scary for him. SMH.

I don't think he actually stopped in Hudson, I think he went to the job site/oil tanks that is located near Hudson.

If his plan was to use the excuse of asking for a separation and she left was why she was missing, he still would have to move her car...how? Maybe all of that stuff like keys, purse, etc.was left downstairs to be put in the car later on Monday, but we all know how NU threw his plans off.

So, how would he get rid of her car? Wouldn't he need help with that?

In CW's porch interviews, iirc he told of calling around to friends who had car seats. Was this his lame attempt to plant a seed that someone they knew - with car seats - had picked up his wife and kids. No need to explain why SW's car with children's car seats is still in the garage.

So, how would he get rid of her car? Wouldn't he need help with that?

Well, we know from his (now deleted) Instagram that he went for 2 hour runs while THRIVING. So perhaps he thought he could drive it somewhere & run home. Or, perhaps those 2 hour “runs” were when he went trolling for sex. In that case, his endurance would be a moot point!

I get so aggravated when I hear people say, oh she was bossy and controlling and put him on the back burner. No one says that about a man. And Men do all those things. None of those things are an excuse to cheat and certainly not to kill your family. JMO
I don't feel people are saying it's an excuse. It stands to reason it's no excuse, just to keep having to say that when discussing the dynamics is frustrating.

“I’ll just leave it at that.” The way he said that sounded so smug and condescending. I mean, what does that convey? It means there was a lot more to the story that he wasn’t intending to share. I found that particular choice of words very odd and telling.
Yes the tone of that really offended me. I don't get offended by strangers on tv. Total red flag right there.

“LE will be testing all the hairs [belonging to SW and babies] located in CW truck which can be forensically tested to indicate the time of death.”

I don’t think I’ve ever heard of this before? Hair can indicate time of death? What type of test is this??
I'm not familiar with it, either, but I've been trying -- looking online for a discussion of hair indicating how many days since the hair donor was alive, etc., but I haven't seen anything -- but I'm not a lab guru nor am I a forensic professional. Dunno. I would think something about a hair strand might look different if the donor has died, but I have no idea.
Perhaps if I had known the correct combination of search words in google, I might have had more luck, but I did try for a while with no results on hair indicating TOD. Maybe someone else can come up with better search criteria. :oops:

I don't feel people are saying it's an excuse. It stands to reason it's no excuse, just to keep having to say that when discussing the dynamics is frustrating.
Why say it if they aren't using it as an excuse? No one ever says that when the victim is male. And if they have, I have never heard it or read it. Again, JMO.

@Misy said:
Wouldn't that talk with his father have been taped/recorded?
C A was taped talking to George and Cindy a

CW was being detained for questioning in the murder of his family, and granted permission by LE to speak to his Dad. I don't know why he wouldn't be taped. ( I also recall the nephew Brendan from SA documentary being taped while talking to his Mum at police station).

Second paragraph says just that.

You know I’m not really sure why it matters so much. But if you drill down to the Denver Post article, it does not say that is the reason why the request was denied. The defense was able to get the neck swabs taken, so to them that may be enough of a victory.

Eikelenboom has not been totally discredited due that one incident. He wasn’t sanctioned in any way or barred from providing testimony ever again. When I saw his name in the newspaper articles my immediate thought was that he must have gotten himself accredited to be hired and testifying for the defense.

I also read that Morrissey is still slamming him, but he didn’t File charges against him or anything so to me it still seems like he has a grudge against the man. Did you know around the same time that happened, the Deputy Director of the Crime Lab was forced to resign in disgrace? Eikelenboom was critical of the Lab. Just some other possible explanations.

In this case I think Eikelenboom is probably fighting a losing battle in C.W. But if nothing else, his motions to conduct tests himself, which were denied, will still more or less force the Crime Lab and State Forensic Analysts to thoroughly reconstruct the crime scene themselves for the Prosecution. So, essentially it was a win for the Defense. IMO We are all in support of finding the truth, aren’t we?

Yes, many of us here do know. After hearing the descriptions of SW from her friends and family, I have no doubt she would NOT have stayed in an abusive relationship. She had a blossoming career, good friends, a house that had appreciated in value and a close family. All necessary emotional and financial support systems to help her out of the marriage. I think the one with serious emotional instability was CW and SW didn't realize just how darkly serious it was because of the facade he created.

I agree. I don't see SW staying in an overtly abusive situation, but the fact that he was having an affair is sign SW was being abused in a covert manner.

Covert abuse can be extremely insidious and the abused partner doesn't always realize they are being abused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx