CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot stop the replay in my head of him standing on the porch I think with arms folded saying something like "well we had an emotional conversation and I'll just leave it at that.." like at that moment he was still gonna go with the we talked about divorce, I went to work and when I came home she and the kids were gone...um without a car.
Did he think we all would believe the starship enterprise flew over with Scotty and Captain Kirk and beamed all three of them up or something?
Or she ubered it with 2 kids to...where? North Carolina in an uber?
Some friend picked her up? Oh wait but no friends knew where she was.
What an idiot.
“I’ll just leave it at that.” The way he said that sounded so smug and condescending. I mean, what does that convey? It means there was a lot more to the story that he wasn’t intending to share. I found that particular choice of words very odd and telling.

SW made comments about they were trying to have a baby on May 8 . She indicated on her SM it was his idea. She also on June 11 announced she was pregnant . She comment she conceived on May 8 . Everyone was shocked . Everyone was happy bc of her lupus battle. Why would she prepost about trying to have a baby and abort it? She had visited her family , named the baby , and posted she was going to THRIVE during pregnancy . So they may have had a bad marriage but we know they had sex the week of May 8. If they were “trying” and public about it then it also makes it odd the disconnect he started feeling towards his family . Especially if in his video he says babies can bring you back together . I just feel like something happened as a catalyst . She went away for six weeks, yet he joined her on a vacation before AND after that . So what changed to accelerate murdering your entire family.?

With permission from @Tricia, I am posting a link to a video on youtube that shows what the Anadarko tanks are like, what the climb up the stairs would be like, and especially interesting IMO is how the circular hatches may open and what they may look like looking down inside. The video is titled "Chris Watts - Walking to the top of an oil tank & actual photis of Anadarko Oil Tank Site" BUT it's not Chris Watts in the video. I think it's titled that so it's searchable relative to this case.

The five types of parents who kill their children
KILLING your own child or stepchild has a pattern. A new study puts child murderers into five distinct types of who and how they kill.

21 Oct 2017

SNIP

A forensic psychologist told the inquest it’s likely the farmer primarily wanted to kill himself due to his depression and a total loss of hope.

“But he believed his wife and children were dependent on him and so in killing them he was ‘sparing them future pain’,” concluded NSW State Coroner Michael Barnes.

“His distorted logic led him to conclude that the children and his wife would not cope without him.

“It was the result of an egocentric delusion that his wife and children would be better of dying than living without him.”
Parents who kill: The five types of parents who murder their own kids

So why didn't he just kill himself? I believe egocentric delusion is alive and well in all parts of the world today... MOO

Last edited:
We’re talking about him being “lazy” and “sloppy” in the context of the crime, not his everyday life.
Right.

And, I think the way he handled the crime is the same as he handled his life - not quite competently. I think all those chores he did were because he was directed to do them (and then praised profusely for them, when really they were just ordinary tasks. You don't need to be a super hero with a patch to mow the lawn.).

It's okay if we don't agree on his personality. I like when people lay it out there with their ideas (well, most of the time).

jmo

With permission from @Tricia, I am posting a link to a video on youtube that shows what the Anadarko tanks are like, what the climb up the stairs would be like, and especially interesting IMO is how the circular hatches may open and what they may look like looking down inside. The video is titled "Chris Watts - Walking to the top of an oil tank & actual photis of Anadarko Oil Tank Site" BUT it's not Chris Watts in the video. I think it's titled that so it's searchable relative to this case.

Awesome find. Thanks for seeking permission to share it. Totally worth watching - especially for anyone who isn't sure what an oil container looks like. (At the start of this case, I was thinking oil "barrel"...which is totally off.

jmo

Monday morning
Going with the theory that he murdered her almost immediately after she got home at 1:48 AM and he left for work at 5:27 AM, what did he do during this time.
Snipped.

Excellent question - I don't think we've discussed that time frame yet. Would like to hear what people think happened from 1:48-5:27am.

jmo

“I’ll just leave it at that.” The way he said that sounded so smug and condescending. I mean, what does that convey? It means there was a lot more to the story that he wasn’t intending to share. I found that particular choice of words very odd and telling.
BBM that is exactly the way I took it. I suspect the police caught on that too.

OMG, TY. I've been searching for that video forever to try to post here

Very very informative. After seeing this, I've changed my opinion from SW being too heavy for him to get up there, to the tank openings being too small to put her in. They seem really narrow.

I had a thought about her cell phone. I think perhaps it was going off messages, calls and he got annoyed and he tried to hide it in the couch. If they look back on her phone I wouldn't be surprised if there were messages, and maybe even calls. That came to me last night when I couldn't sleep

Obviously I think he is guily. I just don’t understand how everyone is saying lazy . There are pictures in SW FB of him washing dishes and mowing with a child in a carrier on his back . SW even talked about how hard of a worker he was . The neighbors interviews , friends all say he had been a great person they did not see this coming . They mentioned a disconnect of the relationship between he and his family , not as affectionate as of late. I see him as a monster for killing his family it just bewilders me that every comment we have from those who know him say he was not a narcissist , lazy , wife beater . Everyone was shocked . I survived A bad marriage of domestic violence . I can verify photos and court documents if needed. I will say one thing . I thought I kept it a secret , all my friends knew. My behavior changed , his control changed me going out, working , even the way I spoke . You can only use the “I fell “ excuse a few times before people start looking for bruises on you . I am not claiming to know their marriage but I am listening to those who did. I see flaws in SW just bc she made her life public . We all have flaws it is no reason to be murdered . The babies , totally innocent . So I just wonder how off everyone is on the profile , if we don’t listen to those involved in their live and assume we and the media knows more .
Thanks for sharing Shekkie, sorry you had to go through that. I appreciate the insight though.
Listening to her friend on here and in MSM, plus SW's own family I just can't get my head around it being pre-planned. There were way too many variables he didn't consider beforehand. Not sure why he did what he did, maybe we will never know, although I would like to explore that further. I believe for whatever reason something snapped. Pre-planned not to be confused with premeditation. MOO

Thank you for posting this they are a lot bigger than I imagined. It is absolutely horrific to think of the girls being in there. I agree his defence are not going to overcome him doing this to their remains.

Very very informative. After seeing this, I've changed my opinion from SW being too heavy for him to get up there, to the tank openings being too small to put her in. They seem really narrow.
That was my first reaction too. It's not that she was too heavy, it's that she wouldn't fit. And I don't mean that she was large. An adult can climb that ladder down into the tank. But maneuvering a deceased adult into that opening with the ladder positioned in the middle of the opening is an entirely different situation.

Snipped.

Excellent question - I don't think we've discussed that time frame yet. Would like to hear what people think happened from 1:48-5:27am.

jmo
I think he may have just sat there like a statue, staring off into space. JMO.

That was my first reaction too. It's not that she was too heavy, it's that she wouldn't fit. And I don't mean that she was large. An adult can climb that ladder down into the tank. But maneuvering a deceased adult into that opening with the ladder positioned in the middle of the opening is an entirely different situation.
So, are people thinking he brought her up the stairs, found out she didn't fit, brought her back down, and dug a grave?

So he didn't figure out ahead of time if she fit or not? Not surprised, if that turns out to be the case.

jmo

I’m wondering if the $61,000 represented 12 months worked . Oil fields are quite common to lay people off and there was some major ones in That area at this time
Anadarko cuts 1,000 jobs as oil bust gets more intense
I am not saying he was or not laid off but we are basing income from bankruptcy news. IMO sometimes layoffs are a tipping scale for bankruptcy

Also, that was his salary at the time of filing for bankruptcy 3 years ago. He could have had a different position and a different salary post bankruptcy.

Almost completely unrecognizable and his accent disappeared in the newest videos.
Amazing change. To me he looks years younger in his recent interviews. He looks older, unhappy, sloppy in this speech video.

**My daughter did an online speech and communications class and had to videotape and upload her speeches for class credits. Tho she had to write her own.

OMG, TY. I've been searching for that video forever to try to post here
Thanks. That's a little weird, they show that first tank complex with 4 big adjacent tanks, and that tiny manhole. Then later they show a manhole with a ladder going down into the tank, which imo is obviously different than the size of the smaller, first manhole. Then they show the one area we've seen before, with the 2 big tanks and the smaller overflow tank that appears to be open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member