CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@PommyMommy, do you remember the approx. date of that video that you posted of SW talking in her kitchen
selling the 9 new packages of Thrive bars? They were in lwhite lunch bags w/ red hearts? She live-chatted w/ the Thrive guy in the grocery store. You posted it along with the video of the wind blowing SW's trashcans.

Chris Watts Didn't Get Involved in Funeral of Wife, 2 Daughters Because He 'Knew Better': Source

A source who has spoken with Watts in jail tells PEOPLE that the 33-year-old suspect was “aware” of the funeral proceedings, but had no input in it. “He knew better than to suggest anything,” the source says.
I find it really odd that CW's parents weren't mentioned in the children's obituary. I'm beginning to suspect, no comment from them, means more than them wanting their privacy. JMO

I definitely did not intend to mislead, and while the youtuber may be sketchy, I thought the video did have some value, especially to help those of us completely unfamiliar with sites like this.

I think the video of the walk up the stairs is helpful because they appear to be going up to similar height tanks as the Cervi #319 tanks. I pictured it being steep and ladder-like and difficult to carry a person up, but I don't think it would have been hard for CW. He can do squats with squirmy kids on his shoulders! I realize those tanks in the live video aren't Cervi 319, but the hatches appear IMO to be very much the same as in the still photos of the actual site. I can picture CW realizing after putting the babies down there (I hate writing that) that SW may be difficult to get through the hatch. Add in fatigue, visibility after sunup, and he opted for shallow grave until he could return to hide her better.
Thanks for posting the video, i wasn't being critical of you, just picking apart anything i don't understand.

I’m watching some old new clips from local news channels, and noticing that even the reporters can not hide their disbelief of CW’s story. Nobody is buying his story and reporters themselves are even weighing in on the ridiculousness of his story (my how news has changed from the old days -before they used to just report the news. Now they interpret the news (and wear fancy outfits).

With that being said, I think a jury could definitely agree to a snapped type scenario, more so than they might be able to unanimously agree on a premeditated scenario.

Therefore, it might be more strategic for the prosecutution to go with this approach, unless they really think that premeditation occurred and that this can be proven.

How would the charges and punishments/outcome differ between a snapped vs premeditated approach by the prosecution?

Sorry if this has already been asked.

For @gitana1, when you have time...We really need to get to you something nice for Christmas this year!

Last edited:
I’m watching some old new clips from local news channels, and noticing that even the reporters can not hide their disbelief of CW’s story. Nobody is buying his story and are even providing commentaries (my how need has changed-before they used to just report the news. Now they interpret the news (and wear fancy outfits).

With that being said, I think a jury could definitely agree to a snapped type scenario, more so than they might unanimously be able to agree on a premeditated scenario.

Therefore, it might be more strategic for the prosecutor to go with this approach, unless he really thinks premeditation occurred and this can be proven.

How would the charges and punishments/outcome differ between a snapped vs premeditated approach by the prosecution?

For @gitana1, when you have time...I really need to get to you something nice for Christmas this year!
Even if he killed his wife in a fit of rage, his killing of the girls would be premeditated by definition IMO. He would’ve made the conscious decision to go do that after he attacked SW.

He said he text her after he left the house that morning. Her phone was still in their loft. Her pings would have shown her phone never left the house. Plus it would show she never called nor texted anyone while he was at work.

Then he would probably have said they may have been abducted from the home while he was at work.

But the neighbors camera would have shown that to be impossible.

So this guy was screwed anyway we look at it. Jmo.
Excellent points, DexterMorgan! Oh, the evidence is just piling up, isn't it? But no pity.
Talk about hoisted by his own petard, this poor man is second to none. SMH
Panic is not good just after you have allegedly killed your whole family.
It almost makes me feel sad for his attorney, but not for CW.

With permission from @Tricia, I am posting a link to a video on youtube that shows what the Anadarko tanks are like, what the climb up the stairs would be like, and especially interesting IMO is how the circular hatches may open and what they may look like looking down inside. The video is titled "Chris Watts - Walking to the top of an oil tank & actual photis of Anadarko Oil Tank Site" BUT it's not Chris Watts in the video. I think it's titled that so it's searchable relative to this case.

Hoping this video or one like it will be shown to the jury. I HATE him!

I definitely did not intend to mislead, and while the youtuber may be sketchy, I thought the video did have some value, especially to help those of us completely unfamiliar with sites like this.

I think the video of the walk up the stairs is helpful because they appear to be going up to similar height tanks as the Cervi #319 tanks. I pictured it being steep and ladder-like and difficult to carry a person up, but I don't think it would have been hard for CW. He can do squats with squirmy kids on his shoulders! I realize those tanks in the live video aren't Cervi 319, but the hatches appear IMO to be very much the same as in the still photos of the actual site. I can picture CW realizing after putting the babies down there (I hate writing that) that SW may be difficult to get through the hatch. Add in fatigue, visibility after sunup, and he opted for shallow grave until he could return to hide her better.
@HammyG - you did not upload to YouTube and we know you did not intend to mislead, and good illustration! I'm familiar with CERVI 319, and don't think YouTuber uploaded this video to educate...MOO

I haven’t had a chance to watch the video of the funeral. It was shocking to hear that FB posters acted up during the live stream and posted horrible messages in the chat. The funeral home has to delete all of that nastiness before posting the video toothier website.

What is the world coming to if people can’t control themselves at such a solemn time?!

This may have been previously discussed but I was surprised at the bare nature of the funeral.
Where are the flowers on the caskets? Why no eulogies? What’s with the plain white sheets on the little girls’ caskets?

It was pointed out to me that the Watts funeral followed very much the Roman Catholic tradition.
For non-Catholics (like me), it’s important to know that the Funeral Mass is not a “celebration of life.”

I have been to memorial services of Catholic friends where there were eulogies from family and friends but I realized that I had never been to a traditional Funeral Mass.

The Vigil and the Wake are times where people speak up and share nice memories of the departed not the Funeral Mass.

The covering with the cross on it that was on SW’s casket is called the “pall” and is meant to evoke
baptism. Perhaps the girls’ palls had something on top that wasn’t visible to me in the stills.

Flowers are not sent to the church but to the Vigil or family home.

You only partake of the communion during the Mass if you have been baptized into the Catholic Church.

What Every Catholic needs to know about funerals

Roman Catholic funeral

These things may be really obvious to WS Catholic members but for non-Catholics, I’ve heard
people complain, “This funeral couldn’t have cost $100,000 of the money??!!”

The funeral wasn't chintzy. It followed the dictates
of SW and her family's faith.

I hope that Shahann’s family is able to use the money collected to support themselves during the
trial which I’m sure is going to be very long. SW’s dad, brother and mother will have to miss a lot of work. They will have to stay in a hotel, buy meals, rent cars, etc.

Does CO have a victims’ fund that helps out families in situations like this?

When a person comes home from a long grueling trip like Shannan did or a long day at work, usually you unwind by going on your computer and checking emails. I'm sure Shannan had a lot of those with her business. If she went on and saw messages from CW's male friend she would have freaked out, exploded. I would have. It was 2 am and CW was waiting up for her. maybe emailing his friend. He would have gotten humiliated and freaked out as well.

Hmm but she could do this on her phone...why go on a computer?

I imagine at that time of night, given her not feeling well and having a delayed flight, she wanted to go to bed and sleep. I'm pretty obsessive about keeping up with my email, but I don't think I'd care at 2 am unless I couldn't sleep. But that's just me! :)

Whether on time or delayed, I leave my suitcase inside by the door (to unpack later or next day) and go have a shower. Delayed flight, pregnant and not feeling well, she may have done the same thing. I dont buy his story, that there was a conversation. CW possibly waited for her to fall asleep. Then wrapped her in the fitted sheet having tossed the covers on the floor. After which threw those in the trash so the entire set would be gone. jmo

Speaking of the Cervi tanks, it was must be really unsettling for the ranch owner, his family, ranch hands and Anadarko employees to have to be constantly reminded of the murders. Has Anadarko shut down the tanks? Will they be shut down permanently and removed?

Not according to a conception calculator by due date I just accessed online. The result they gave me was this:

Most probable conception dates: May 6, 2018 - May 10, 2018
Most probable dates of sexual intercourse that led to the pregnancy: May 3, 2018 - May 10, 2018
Yea I just thought it was really odd to post you are trying to get pregnant on May 8 and then announce that you became pregnant on May 8 ( on your June 11 post) I think that is why he was so off guard in the video especially since he was having an affair . Maybe he didn’t Expect it to work so soon . I don’t know . But with her Lupus and health conditions it seems the baby may have been a miracle. So sad

Last edited:
Even if he killed his wife in a fit of rage, his killing of the girls would be premeditated by definition IMO. He would’ve made the conscious decision to go do that after he attacked SW.

Yes, indeed.
If he did kill her in a fit of rage (2nd degree), he would have to complete the scene, and kill those little girls (1st degree x 2) -- just like MacDonald did when he realized that to set the scene, he would have to kill his younger daughter, and then show that he was almost (ha!) killed. And that is what he did -- but just not well enuff. But the murder scene MacD set up was in his own home.
Why didn't CW do that and come home from work and walk in on his little family apparently killed by some stranger? I guess CW panicked; MacD was cool-headed. Each man's wife was expecting a 3rd child. SMH. Awful.

I’m watching some old new clips from local news channels, and noticing that even the reporters can not hide their disbelief of CW’s story. Nobody is buying his story and reporters themselves are even weighing in on the ridiculousness of his story (my how news has changed from the old days -before they used to just report the news. Now they interpret the news (and wear fancy outfits).

With that being said, I think a jury could definitely agree to a snapped type scenario, more so than they might be able to unanimously agree on a premeditated scenario.

Therefore, it might be more strategic for the prosecutution to go with this approach, unless they really think that premeditation occurred and that this can be proven.

For @gitana1, when you have time...We really need to get to you something nice for Christmas this year!

... or Chanukah ;-)

@PommyMommy, do you remember the approx. date of that video that you posted of SW talking in her kitchen
selling the 9 new packages of Thrive bars? They were in lwhite lunch bags w/ red hearts? She live-chatted w/ the Thrive guy in the grocery store. You posted it along with the video of the wind blowing SW's trashcans.
I'm drawing a complete blank on a video with Thrive bars. I remember someone else posting the wind video though. Do you have a post #?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx