CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in this timeline, did her house sell after he purchased the new house and that is why only he is on the mortgage because she already had too much debt because she had not sold the house yet? I don't see that in your timeline

I know this question wasn’t directed at me, but they bought their house on Saratoga Trail in 2013. Her NC house sold in 2012.
Although they moved to CO in 2012, they lived with SW’s friend until they bought their house.

Well, we know from his (now deleted) Instagram that he went for 2 hour runs while THRIVING. So perhaps he thought he could drive it somewhere & run home. Or, perhaps those 2 hour “runs” were when he went trolling for sex. In that case, his endurance would be a moot point!

He could take a page from Susan Smith’s playbook and put the car in a lake somewhere...

Did cw have a truck of his own, ie the "ford" mentioned by the AP guy? Why would non-working employees be allowed in the company truck? So I wonder if having the girls' hairs being in the company truck is a clue all on it's own. Does anyone know if the company car is the ford? Ie the ford mentioned on BA?

My son gets a company truck for his own use as well as use on the job, and all gas is paid for by the company no matter if it is being used for work or play. He can and does use it for family errands. It's a perk.

Why say it if they aren't using it as an excuse? No one ever says that when the victim is male. And if they have, I have never heard it or read it. Again, JMO.
So you hear a wife has killed her husband you don't instinctively (right or wrong) think DV?

Not familiar with Gray Hughes is he a journalist or professional ?
I have never heard of him until I listened to the interview that was posted, he didn't seem very professional to me. Again, I have only listened that one time and I didn't even finish listening to that one. So this is my opinion only.

I have never heard of him until I listened to the interview that was posted, he didn't seem very professional to me. Again, I have only listened that one time and I didn't even finish listening to that one. So this is my opinion only.
Thank you!

Murder Suspect Dad Chris Watts Is in 'Mourning,' Source Claims: 'It's All Beginning to Sink In'
8/31/2018
Mourning for himself....his life is worthless now. No family, friends, job.....he will be told when to wake,eat, sleep........and has to watch for the baby killer haters!!!!
After Colorado father Chris Watts was arrested late on Aug. 15 for the murders of his pregnant wife and their young daughters, he was booked into the Weld County Jail — where he showed no emotionduring the intake process, according to an investigative source at the time.

But that was more than two weeks ago.

Now the gravity of the situation has hit the 33-year-old, maintains a second source, who spoke with Watts on Thursday.

“It’s all beginning to sink in,” the source tells PEOPLE. “He’s in the mourning process.”

It’s a marked change in demeanor for Watts, who could face the death penalty if convicted.
Murder Suspect Dad Chris Watts Is in 'Mourning,' Source Claims: 'It's All Beginning to Sink In'

CW never deserved a family, and I'll never believe he mourned them. MOO

I've been wondering why CW left his job as a mechanic for the job with the oil company. Mechanics (good ones) can easily earn 6 figures + and the salary he was making at Anadarko was much less.

My husband works in the automotive industry. Their benefits suck and always have. I think most at least offer some benefits these days (they didn't used to) but they are poor coverage and pretty expensive and usually limited to just medical and dental. I looked at Anadarko's benefits and they are exceptionally good; both short term and long term. They have extras like a generous tuition reimbursement program, 4 weeks paid leave for new fathers and a 9/80 work schedule. The benefits package is very attractive for a family and not something you would ever find with a car dealership.

With permission from @Tricia, I am posting a link to a video on youtube that shows what the Anadarko tanks are like, what the climb up the stairs would be like, and especially interesting IMO is how the circular hatches may open and what they may look like looking down inside. The video is titled "Chris Watts - Walking to the top of an oil tank & actual photis of Anadarko Oil Tank Site" BUT it's not Chris Watts in the video. I think it's titled that so it's searchable relative to this case.

wow. How could anyone put their baby down there?
Sick .

I've been wondering why CW left his job as a mechanic for the job with the oil company. Mechanics (good ones) can easily earn 6 figures + and the salary he was making at Anadarko was much less.

My husband works in the automotive industry. Their benefits suck and always have. I think most at least offer some benefits these days (they didn't used to) but they are poor coverage and pretty expensive and usually limited to just medical and dental. I looked at Anadarko's benefits and they are exceptionally good; both short term and long term. They have extras like a generous tuition reimbursement program, 4 weeks paid leave for new fathers and a 9/80 work schedule. The benefits package is very attractive for a family and not something you would ever find with a car dealership.
That’s a very good point @BetzC and I think you may be on to something. He left the dealership around the time he became a father, so that makes a lot of sense.

With permission from @Tricia, I am posting a link to a video on youtube that shows what the Anadarko tanks are like, what the climb up the stairs would be like, and especially interesting IMO is how the circular hatches may open and what they may look like looking down inside. The video is titled "Chris Watts - Walking to the top of an oil tank & actual photis of Anadarko Oil Tank Site" BUT it's not Chris Watts in the video. I think it's titled that so it's searchable relative to this case.

Wow he could clearly have carried her up those stairs but he wouldn't be able to get her body through that narrow opening. Small enough for two little girls ( *tears*) but Shannan would not fit.

So what was he going to do with her at the site? He HAD to dig a grave or else carry her body off elsewhere.

WTH?

So you hear a wife has killed her husband you don't instinctively (right or wrong) think DV?
I also never think, wow that man was bossy, controlling, he was a go getter and just left his wife on the back burner. He was such a go getter at work that, it must have made his wife feel so bad about herself. I'm sure she was just seething and snapped and killed him. People kill for all kinds of stupid reasons, reasons that they somehow justify in their minds. They are just excuses for them to kill. Only CW knows why he killed them and why he didn't take the divorce route.

I also never think, wow that man was bossy, controlling, he was a go getter and just left his wife on the back burner. He was such a go getter at work that, it must have made his wife feel so bad about herself. I'm sure she was just seething and snapped and killed him. People kill for all kinds of stupid reasons, reasons that they somehow justify in their minds. They are just excuses for them to kill. Only CW knows why he killed them and why he didn't take the divorce route.
That's good then. Black and white, cut and dried. I take it you don't watch any crime documentaries then?

Snipped.

Excellent question - I don't think we've discussed that time frame yet. Would like to hear what people think happened from 1:48-5:27am.
jmo

My guess is that he knew he couldn't easily get out to the well site in the middle of the night without alerting someone on the ranch. (I think he had to actually enter the ranch and go through at least two gates). His headlights would likely wake the dogs and someone would question him.

I think he knew he had to wait until pre-dawn to have enough light so it wouldn't seem too unusual and he could do it without waking up the entire crew. Then it would seem more like he was just getting started on the well site early and could just go on to work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx