CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good then. Black and white, cut and dried. I take it you don't watch any crime documentaries then?
Sure I do. I just like to look at facts. I don't hear about a husband killing his wife and automatically think of DV. I don't automatically think he did it either. Even if I know it's likely he did. I need facts before I make up my mind.

Thanks for illustration @HammyG. Personally, however, I think this post needs an expanded disclaimer. Just to be clear, this is not CERVI pad #319 (actual site), and this is also not an Anadarko tank. Uploaded to youtube 20 hours ago, the party to the video also uploaded an alleged dating site profile for CW with incorrect birth info, and using SW and daughters photo as their avatar. The YouTuber getting many views/clicks though. Thanks again, and just don't want anybody misled.

Thanks Seattle1, I understand the live video is not CERVI 319 and the guy is not CW. However at the end of the live video is is a still photo of a closeup of tank with the same size and hatch configuration on there that is consistent with every photo of the tanks that were at CERVI #319, and that photo looks to be CERVI #319. It clearly shows the small dome-shaped hatch identical in size to the one in the video.

There is also a still photo of a Google-type picture that shows the well pad

Last edited:
SW made comments about they were trying to have a baby on May 8 . She indicated on her SM it was his idea. She also on June 11 announced she was pregnant . She comment she conceived on May 8 . Everyone was shocked . Everyone was happy bc of her lupus battle. Why would she prepost about trying to have a baby and abort it? She had visited her family , named the baby , and posted she was going to THRIVE during pregnancy . So they may have had a bad marriage but we know they had sex the week of May 8. If they were “trying” and public about it then it also makes it odd the disconnect he started feeling towards his family . Especially if in his video he says babies can bring you back together . I just feel like something happened as a catalyst . She went away for six weeks, yet he joined her on a vacation before AND after that . So what changed to accelerate murdering your entire family.?

Wait...if she was due on Feb 1, she would’ve conceived near the end of April. Where are we getting May 8?

Sure I do. I just like to look at facts. I don't hear about a husband killing his wife and automatically think of DV. I don't automatically think he did it either. Even if I know it's likely he did. I need facts before I make up my mind.
Crime documentaries are also about getting insight into a couples relationship via family members and friends. Also early childhood etc. Also the psychology behind the crime.

I don't agree with that theory either. The tank was already open, it was certainly less time consuming to put her in there than to dig a human size grave, even a shallow one.

There has to be another explanation.

I am thinking he felt, at that time, that he would get away with it all and the case would be considered as a spouse leaving with the children or meeting with foul play not of his making. Thus, he didn't want to put her body in a tank, because it would make the BS&W (sediment and water) too high and the entire tank would be rejected, and he'd be on the hot seat and human detritus would be found to be the cause. MOO, he was going to dispose of her separately elsewhere.

Wait...if she was due on Feb 1, she would’ve conceived near the end of April. Where are we getting May 8?

Not according to a conception calculator by due date I just accessed online. The result they gave me was this:

Most probable conception dates: May 6, 2018 - May 10, 2018
Most probable dates of sexual intercourse that led to the pregnancy: May 3, 2018 - May 10, 2018

I'm not familiar with it, either, but I've been trying -- looking online for a discussion of hair indicating how many days since the hair donor was alive, etc., but I haven't seen anything -- but I'm not a lab guru nor am I a forensic professional. Dunno. I would think something about a hair strand might look different if the donor has died, but I have no idea.
Perhaps if I had known the correct combination of search words in google, I might have had more luck, but I did try for a while with no results on hair indicating TOD. Maybe someone else can come up with ter search criteria. :oops:
Forensic investigators look for "Post Mortem Banding" when studying hair to determine whether the victim is dead or alive. The author of this article provides additional scientific links to support his article.
How Hair Can (and Can't) Tell Us If Someone Is Dead

Not familiar with Gray Hughes is he a journalist or professional ?

Gray Hughes is a professional crime scene animator (per an intro post by Tricia on an older thread). He is a member here on WS (GrayHuze) and has a YouTube channel in which he’s done crime scene mapping in several cases. I found his work on Abby & Libby’s thread quite impressive.

Edited to add: Tricia’s post #1 on this thread explains more about GH’s background.
Crime Scene Animation by Websleuths Member grayhuze

Last edited:
Crime documentaries are also about getting insight into a couples relationship via family members and friends. Also early childhood etc. Also the psychology behind the crime.
Yes, I believe you can get insight into behaviors, but not from things reported in the media. And so far in this case, We haven't heard anything about the way Chris grew up or his family dynamics, friends, old girlfriends. Nothing. All people are going by is what is on SM, since people rarely divulge the ugly on SM, I don't find that accurate.

Thanks. That's a little weird, they show that first tank complex with 4 big adjacent tanks, and that tiny manhole. Then later they show a manhole with a ladder going down into the tank, which imo is obviously different than the size of the smaller, first manhole. Then they show the one area we've seen before, with the 2 big tanks and the smaller overflow tank that appears to be open.

Thanks for illustration @HammyG. Personally, however, I think this post needs an expanded disclaimer. Just to be clear, this is not CERVI pad #319 (actual site), and this is also not an Anadarko tank. Uploaded to youtube 20 hours ago, the party to the video also uploaded an alleged dating site profile for CW with incorrect birth info, and using SW and daughters photo as their avatar. The YouTuber getting many views/clicks though. Thanks again, and just don't want anybody misled.

I definitely did not intend to mislead, and while the youtuber may be sketchy, I thought the video did have some value, especially to help those of us completely unfamiliar with sites like this.

I think the video of the walk up the stairs is helpful because they appear to be going up to similar height tanks as the Cervi #319 tanks. I pictured it being steep and ladder-like and difficult to carry a person up, but I don't think it would have been hard for CW. He can do squats with squirmy kids on his shoulders! I realize those tanks in the live video aren't Cervi 319, but the hatches appear IMO to be very much the same as in the still photos of the actual site. I can picture CW realizing after putting the babies down there (I hate writing that) that SW may be difficult to get through the hatch. Add in fatigue, visibility after sunup, and he opted for shallow grave until he could return to hide her better.

Here’s another reason why I seem to lean towards more of a less planned/ snapped type murder: I think that had he completely planned this, he wouldn’t have killed them in the home, where there is more of an opportunity for investigators to collect evidence. I think he could have taken them out in the woods or the mountains somewhere, as there are lots of those remote types of areas here. Additionally he could have chosen to commit these crimes when he would have more time and was not suppose to be at work the next day. Also, a personal vehicle could have been used which potentially would not have tracking devices, and a disposal location could have been chosen which was one that could not be tied to him.

I watched Gray Hughes during the Hart Family (who went over the cliff on Pacific Coast Hwy) and that was interesting. But really, he’s just using things available to us like Google Maps and Google Earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member