CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m undecided on if he planned it beforehand or not. I think it’s likely that he thought about it at some point, but taking the bodies to work, seems reactionary to me.

I’m leaning towards this crime being committed in the heat of passion. My personal opinion is that he is a sociopath, and this served him well in terms of thinking fairly clearly in regard to getting rid of the bodies quickly. I also think that he planned to dump the car, Shanann’s belongings, and otherwise make it appear that she left on her own volition.

Thank God that Shanann’s friend screwed up his ability to cover his tracks.

If it was premeditated, he probably planned to dispose of the bodies late Sunday night. With SW not getting home until about 2:00 a.m. and CW leaving for work just 3.5 hours later, he probably didn’t have time to kill SW (and the girls if they weren’t already gone), “clean up” to whatever degree he did, load the truck and drive 1-2 hours away to a disposal site and make it to work in time. If SW’s flight hadn’t been delayed so long he would have had plenty of time.

If it was premeditated, he probably planned to dispose of the bodies late Sunday night. With SW not getting home until about 2:00 a.m. and CW leaving for work just 3.5 hours later, he probably didn’t have time to kill SW (and the girls if they weren’t already gone), “clean up” to whatever degree he did, load the truck and drive 1-2 hours away to a disposal site and make it to work in time. If SW’s flight hadn’t been delayed so long he would have had plenty of time.
That's definitely plausible. The fact that her flight was delayed, really complicates making an educated guess as to if this was premeditated or not. You'd think that if it were premeditated, he might have postponed it and waited for a better time, unless he had already killed the kids. Hopefully we eventually get some clarity here, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:
I have several (some former) friends involved in MLM type businesses. They use their social media to project this perfect life, which helps them sell whatever it is that they’re selling.

Of course people also use social media to project a perfect life, even when they are not selling something. For this reason I don’t read much into her social media posts in regard to how happy she really was.

I just think there’s more reliable information to base our opinions on. JMO.
One thing you can’t help but notice though, is how happy those little girls were, always laughing, smiling, full of love and kisses, always jumping up and down excited and enthusiastic about one thing or another.

One thing you can’t help but notice though, is how happy those little girls were, always laughing, smiling, full of love and kisses, always jumping up and down excited and enthusiastic about one thing or another.

And Shannan, too. This is what makes this case so painful. I see my own children in her children (mine are 7, 5, and 3). How could anyone want to hurt them?! Let alone dispose of them the way he did.

No, didn’t say when, just that she told C.W. she knew, and this was said in relation to C.W. asking for a separation.

Well, none of SW’s friends have said she knew about an affair and after spending a weekend (and hours waiting for a delayed flight home) I think she would have me tioned it. We’ve only heard from friends she suspected he might be, and no mention of a co-worker. That leads me to believe if she found out it was after she got home, and the only person who could attest to that is CW, liar of all liars. Very possible he made that up too to “explain” why she supposedly was in such a rage.

"I think I read ..." is RUMOR. Rumors are against The Rules. If you can't link it according to WS policies, don't post about it.

Telling other members what to do is against The Rules. Do not try to moderate the thread; not your job. That is what Mods/Admin and Tricia are here for.

Discussing the babysitter's father's social media? C'mon folks, most of you have been here long enough to know better than that. Please read The Rules or face a loss of posting privileges.

I believe she told her friends also. Not sure I believe she would have really told the hairdresser though... It seems like if she knew he was cheating and she actually planned to leave, she would have told her friend more on their AZ trip. I think she told Nickole she was concerned but NOT that she was done and leaving...
The hairdresser works in the same salon as Shannan's mother. She is quoted as saying that's where she got the info about impending separation from....
Shanann Watts murder case: Friends, family recall life of slain NC native :: WRAL.com

Who is going to pay for this? It’s a research study thing, not a legitimate LE investigative tool. After all, it’s a medical test that needs a physician or advanced practitioner order and needs to have a responsible physician to interpret the findings.

I can tell you that no jail or prison system wants to spend money on this.
A long time ago, I saw a tv show about this. Many of their brains are different, but there was a fear of using this because some could have the brain scan but not turn out to be a killer. It is like prejudging someone.

NU prompts welfare check 8/13.
SW reported missing, CW gives interviews 8/14
CW arrested 8/15

According to affadavit, police confirmed CW was "actively involved in an affair with a coworker" after a "two day investigation."

What piqued their interest in investigating him during those 2 days, prompted by performing a welfare check? This seems very unusual. Was it something on SW phone (collected 8/13)? Did CW spend the evening of 8/14 with his AP, unaware he was being watched?

ETA timeline

CW arrested 8/15

According to affadavit, police confirmed CW was "actively involved in an affair with a coworker" after a "two day investigation."

What piqued their interest in investigating him during those 2 days, prompted by performing a welfare check? This seems very unusual. Was it something on SW phone (collected 8/13)? Did CW spend the evening of 8/14 with his AP, unaware he was being watched?

ETA timeline
BBM. I think that that question may be asked of every man who turns up with a missing family. MO.

There was an episode of forensic files where someone was smothered and they were able to match the grease pattern on the pillow to a face that had been smothered. It was crazy. There are definitely ways to figure that out by forensics.

Personally, I think she got fed up and confronted him about cheating. I’m sure she knew. Most women aren’t dumb to this stuff, just many put up with it until they can figure out how to leave or continue to live in denial.

When I was attacked it was because I had confronted my boyfriend over cheating and messaged both girls to tell them. He went from totally normal, at 6 am, to the scariest thing I have ever seen in about 30 seconds.

When psycho manipulators feel their world crumbling around them, losing control, they in turn lose control of themselves completely.

There was an episode of forensic files where someone was smothered and they were able to match the grease pattern on the pillow to a face that had been smothered. It was crazy. There are definitely ways to figure that out by forensics.

Personally, I think she got fed up and confronted him about cheating. I’m sure she knew. Most women aren’t dumb to this stuff, just many put up with it until they can figure out how to leave or continue to live in denial.

When I was attacked it was because I had confronted my boyfriend over cheating and messaged both girls to tell them. He went from totally normal, at 6 am, to the scariest thing I have ever seen in about 30 seconds.

When psycho manipulators feel their world crumbling around them, losing control, they in turn lose control of themselves completely.
Yup. I think something similar played out here, that “emotional conversation” was in fact, a blowup fight, with C.W. exploding in rage.

A long time ago, I saw a tv show about this. Many of their brains are different, but there was a fear of using this because some could have the brain scan but not turn out to be a killer. It is like prejudging someone.

Someone shared an article on this in the earlier Mollie thread. The guy doing the study ended up having the signs of being a psychopath. His hypothesis was that although others may have it and not kill, the nurturing and supportive life he had growing up (and others) is likely what prevented the psychosis from developing. It was really interesting.

Makes you wonder what a lot of killers parents are actually like behind closed doors. You see them all the time supporting their kids, but you have to wonder if they weren’t really great parents when these killers were young and needed guidance.

Last edited:
CW arrested 8/15

ETA timeline
I think it was his demeanor, and his ridiculous descriptions about what was going on. It was so obviously fake. At one point he said, “If somebody has her and they’re not safe, like I want them back, now.” Every time I’ve seen the parent of a missing child interviewed on tv, they’re desperate, frantic, sobbing, begging, “Please bring her home!” Not C.W., he had “no inclination” where they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agent 9