Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not the welcome home a loving Mum and wife would expect. It makes me wonder if CW did not sneak up on SW from behind as soon as she entered the house. Wouldn't it make more sense for CW to kill SW on the main floor level to avoid having to move and/or carry her downstairs from bedroom?

Yes, it would make more sense. But if it was true that the bottom sheet on their bed was used to transport her body, then it seems like she was killed on the bed, perhaps?

I don't understand why he said, “If somebody took her” because the house was locked and the front door latched on the inside. CW claimed the security pad for the garage door wasn't working. How very convenient. If the kidnapper and family left via the garage door, they all would have been picked up on the neighbor's security camera.

There were no security cameras at the rear of the house, but it’s hardly feasible that Shanann and both children would have clambered over a fence, if there was one.

I very much doubt she would have left voluntarily with the children because her car was in the garage and the neighbor’s CCTV would only have shown CW's truck driving away. She would never have left the children's medications behind or her phone.
Even though it is highly unlikely that SW and the kids left through the back, they could have, and there are no witnesses to say that they didn’t. It is far more likely that they left the house in CW’s truck, and that he backed into his garage to load them up, not his tools, as he stated. His whole confession is like that, highly unlikely, and there are no witnesses to dispute it. It could have happened as he said it did. That’s why we’re all here because we know it didn’t, and we’re trying to prove it to ourselves!

Good Morning,

I’ve been given permission by @Tricia to post this video. I think it does an amazing job of showing the area of the disposal location, the route in and out, and really demonstrates just how remote this location is. The answers to some questions asked upstream and in prior threads are shown in the video, such as if there were other tanks on the way, etc. I hope you guys get a chance to watch it, as I found it quite informative.

Multi-quote isn't working for me, but for those looking for a gate: if you watch the very tail end of Margarita's posted video above (25:05 mark), they do a drive-by of the Watts house, it fades out, and then another drive-by. It's kind of dark, but in the second drive-by, as PommyMommy mentioned it looks like there could be a gate on the left side of the garage.

Also, I watched that video and those oil tanks are waaay out in the boondocks.

Certainly not the welcome home a loving Mum and wife would expect. It makes me wonder if CW did not sneak up on SW from behind as soon as she entered the house. Wouldn't it make more sense for CW to kill SW on the main floor level to avoid having to move and/or carry her downstairs from bedroom?
Yes it would, and this is one of the reasons I searched for the floor plans and wanted to compare evidence on the 1st and 2nd floors. Although we can speculate all sorts of reasons for her phone to be in the loft area and why the master bedding was on the floor, the most logical scenario to me was that she was killed on the second floor. Even if he ran upstairs because he needed a sheet to wrap her in, I can’t see him stripping the bed down and then taking the fitted sheet.

Also, aside from the physical evidence (and I know we can’t necessarily rely on anything he says), he said he saw her on the monitor; he also says he went downstairs for a “moment.” He also said he saw the girls on the monitors asleep before he left and that Shanann was asleep in the bed. Everything he said (unless I’m forgetting something, which is very possible) places all of them on the second floor. I think the three of them in their beds may actually be his last memory of them in the house; they just weren’t “sleeping.” :(

In the interview he says he wanted to go out and drive around but the police told him not to

"That first day I was like I want to get out and drive around and they were like you wouldn’t know what to look for."

Was that his plan ? To go out "searching" and finish burying Shanann. The petrol in the back of his truck may have been in case he ran out of gas, looking at the distance he had to drive to get to the tanks, there were no stations out there.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...d_the_couple_s_suburba-m-35_1534559936484.jpg

4F2C562200000578-0-Christopher_is_seen_mowing_the_grass_behind_the_couple_s_suburba-m-35_1534559936484.jpg
Chris looks a lot more ‘beefed up’ in this picture than he did in the interview. IMO

Transcript of interview with CW on the porch

Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

He sounded dreadful in the interview but reading it is even worse.

It is such a struggle for him to describe one simple loving memory of his children, and this is what he comes up with:

And it’s like, I mean last night, like during like at like you know when they usually eat dinner, it was just like I miss them. Like, I mean I miss the telling them like you got to eat that, like or you’re not going to get your dessert, or just, like you’re not going to get your snack, after, you know (laughs).

SMH. He's plastic.

Why the messed up bed and missing bottom sheet.

Maybe he got her when she was sleeping
Just brainstorming another scenario: LE told us that the bedding was heaped on the floor of bedroom, and that on visual inspection, no foul play detected on bed linens. What if SW came home suspecting CW had entertained the AP in her room on her bed while she was gone-- I could definitely see SW stripping the bed herself, and ordering CW to sleep downstairs. The bottom sheet at tank site could just be convenience. That could also explain a full on rage leading to SW murder! MOO...

I wonder how many who have committed family murders confessed to doing it? Do they all try to get away with it?
John List actually left a confession letter, but he also fled. A couple of FA's pled guilty to at least part of the charges (Christian Longo is one), but as Gitana1 said, most committed suicide.

Last edited:
Hello all!
I’m new on here but have been reading these threads for 2 weeks.

I have known both CW and SW for many years.
I am open to questions.

Hello... welcome to the forum. What do you think is important for us to know about CW and SW? Which of the assumptions being made about them here are true or untrue from your perspective ? Can you say in what capacity you knew them?

thanks!

It is such a struggle for him to describe one simple loving memory of his children, and this is what he comes up with:

And it’s like, I mean last night, like during like at like you know when they usually eat dinner, it was just like I miss them. Like, I mean I miss the telling them like you got to eat that, like or you’re not going to get your dessert, or just, like you’re not going to get your snack, after, you know (laughs).

SMH. He's plastic.
These are removed, long-term things to miss. They’d only been missing for a day. In which case most normal people would have been just missing them. Not missing random things like telling them to eat their veggies. IMO clearly actually some truth to it for him- like there will be a few memories he’ll have of his life with kids that he’ll kind of miss... but not really. Who misses telling kids to eat their veggies as the first thing that comes to mind?

SMH. He's plastic.

I understand your point... but perhaps we should not assume he actually loved his children at the point in time he killed them. It is possible that he had emotionally disengaged from them (and Shannan) in the months leading to the killing.

Hello... welcome to the forum. What do you think is important for us to know about CW and SW? Which of the assumptions being made about them here are true or untrue from your perspective ? Can you say in what capacity you knew them?

thanks!

Hello and thank you!

Honestly so much of what I have read in here couldn’t be further from the truth about who they were. I knew them from the very start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro