Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just brainstorming another scenario: LE told us that the bedding was heaped on the floor of bedroom, and that on visual inspection, no foul play detected on bed linens. What if SW came home suspecting CW had entertained the AP in her room on her bed while she was gone-- I could definitely see SW stripping the bed herself, and ordering CW to sleep downstairs. The bottom sheet at tank site could just be convenience. That could also explain a full on rage leading to SW murder! MOO...

That is a definite possibility. I'd probably pull the sheets and blankets off the bed if I came home and saw something nasty about them too.

Hello and thank you!

Honestly so much of what I have read in here couldn’t be further from the truth about who they were. I knew them from the very start.

Welcome to WS.

Not sure if you know about it but you can get verified as a “verified insider” with Tricia. Please do! I’m sure you have so much insight to offer!

Just brainstorming another scenario: LE told us that the bedding was heaped on the floor of bedroom, and that on visual inspection, no foul play detected on bed linens. What if SW came home suspecting CW had entertained the AP in her room on her bed while she was gone-- I could definitely see SW stripping the bed herself, and ordering CW to sleep downstairs. The bottom sheet at tank site could just be convenience. That could also explain a full on rage leading to SW murder! MOO...

I said this a while back, it makes sense and is what I would do, sometimes women can just tell, I'm sure she confronted him about his cheating and he flew into a murderous rage

These are removed, long-term things to miss. They’d only been missing for a day. In which case most normal people would have been just missing them. Not missing random things like telling them to eat their veggies. IMO clearly actually some truth to it for him- like there will be a few memories he’ll have of his life with kids that he’ll kind of miss... but not really. Who misses telling kids to eat their veggies as the first thing that comes to mind?
Exactly. It's bizarre. What you miss about your kids is telling them to do something?

Transcript of interview with CW on the porch

Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

He sounded dreadful in the interview but reading it is even worse.

What was so telling in the interview to me was this:

I miss, I was (sigh), it was tearing me apart last night and I needed that, I needed that last night and for them, for nobody to be here last night and to go into their rooms and not, and know that I wasn’t going to turn their rain machines on and know that I wasn’t going to turn their monitor on and know I wasn’t going to kiss them to bed tonight it was, (sigh) it was, I, I, that’s why last night was just horrible.

No parent of a missing child goes to bed at night the first night they're missing and "knows" they're not going to kiss them goodnight that night. They sit with their phones all on and charged and every text every sound their hearts leap with the desperate hope and belief that they've been found or that they're walking through the front door.

How did he know he wasn't going to "kiss them to bed tonight."? How did he know he wasn't going to get a text or call during that long night..."We've found them. Come pick them up!"

That was a major clue for me that he had killed them. It really was such a turning point. Such a glib liar.

I'm just going to go on the record and say that I am not willing to believe anyone who claims to know this family unless they become a verified insider.

No offense to you Trinket78 - it just too easy for anyone to make claims on the internet these days.

I hope you do decide to become verified, but I can understand why you might choose not to.

Hello all!
I’m new on here but have been reading these threads for 2 weeks.

I have known both CW and SW for many years.
I am open to questions.
Welcome to Websleuths @Trinket78 - you're among friends here. How terrible that you know the players in this tragedy, and sorry for your loss. I encourage you to talk to @Tricia about being a verified insider for this thread as it will be ongoing for a very long time. Thanks for joining us!

Let's not forget that PHX-DEN flight time is only 1:40 -- very short flight, and that SW was not flying solo as she was with NAU on same flight. Not logical she would be calling home while onboard when it was already midnight, girls asleep, and SW already had a ride from airport. I guess I don't understand where this alleged phone conversation from the plane came from or going?

People are wondering if he would've been able to murder his kids in their beds with knowledge that she could access their baby monitors from her cell phone.

Last edited:
Even though it is highly unlikely that SW and the kids left through the back, they could have, and there are no witnesses to say that they didn’t. It is far more likely that they left the house in CW’s truck, and that he backed into his garage to load them up, not his tools, as he stated. His whole confession is like that, highly unlikely, and there are no witnesses to dispute it. It could have happened as he said it did. That’s why we’re all here because we know it didn’t, and we’re trying to prove it to ourselves!

Well, we know now for sure they didn't leave through the back. He admitted he put their dead bodies in his truck and took them out via the garage.

Surely he could have another secret phone, Shanann having access to his phone would not mean no affairs

Most affairs are now set up on apps which can be done with laptops or iPads. No phone necessary. Or as you suggest, a burner phone can be used.

I took away my teens phone, thinking she couldn't keep talking to her boyfriend while she was grounded. She was actually texting him from her iPod and her brothers game console, all that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18