Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't. I have two books that illustrate what life was like in the past past in two different parts of the US in different eras - The Diary of Martha Ballard and Wisconsin Death Trip. The first is writings from a midwife during the end of the colonial era. The second is an archive of newspaper clippings and photographs from Wisconsin during the 1800's.

Both are filled with family murders. This kind of thing seemed even more common back then.

And of course mythology from the ancient world, especially Greek mythology, shows these things were not uncommon.

Which is why I characterized the story CW told as a "Greek tragedy".

We just have the internet now. It's all faster.
I wonder how many who have committed family murders confessed to doing it? Do they all try to get away with it?

More likely that he killed her because she said "Then get the heck out of here!" (ie has girlfriend, wants separation, etc) Not that she was so weepy that she took both kids and left without even having her ID, her car, her Credit cards, etc. Like He's so dumb, like.

Good point. IF he really said he wanted a separation, wouldn't that mean HE was leaving? Would he really expect a woman in a high risk pregnancy, with lupus, and 2 young children, was going to leave the house because HE had a new girlfriend?

It depends on the airline. iMessages require data which uses WiFi and text messages use SMS which uses cellular.

For me, the bottom line is that I doubt that she would purchase wifi on the plane and she would need that to see the monitors

I think she would call him when she was delayed for three hours.

Would he have killed the kids by the time she connected with him at the airport before leaving? Then she would call him when she landed.

Good point. IF he really said he wanted a separation, wouldn't that mean HE was leaving? Would he really expect a woman in a high risk pregnancy, with lupus, and 2 young children, was going to leave the house because HE had a new girlfriend?
He would have realized that the new squeeze might not be so attracted to him if he was living in a fold up bed 1/2 kitchen unit in a long term motel.

I will report back tomorrow, lol. I just scratched the heck out of my neck for about 30 seconds. No way would they break skin, but there's a little pink. Someone remind me to look at it tomorrow. :p

Good on you Pommy. I looove experiments. In the Pistorius matter I climbed onto the high point of the roof of our garage and repeatedly threw jeans onto the ground to make them land a certain way. I ran from one end of the house to another with a stopwatch in my hand to see if I could do certain things in a given time. I also re-arranged a whole room of furniture in order to see if a blue light irritated by eyes when when I was n bed with my eyes closed.

I know, I know, I'm more than a little crazy, but it's fun, especially if you get to the truth, which I did.

Good on you Pommy. I looove experiments. In the Pistorius matter I climbed onto the high point of the roof of our garage and repeatedly threw jeans onto the ground to make them land a certain way. I ran from one end of the house to another with a stopwatch in my hand to see if I could do certain things in a given time. I also re-arranged a whole room of furniture in order to see if a blue light irritated by eyes when when I was n bed with my eyes closed.

I know, I know, I'm more than a little crazy, but it's fun, especially if you get to the truth, which I did.
Hahaha! I'm trying to picture you doing that, how funny!

The result of my scratch test is that my neck shows nothing, nada, zilch this morning. I have gel nails and I don't know what kind Shanann had, but mine are very dull. If I were to have a bad itch, I'd have to grab a fork or something, lol.

Yes, I was going to say, my best friend lives there and they have a gate to the front of the house. I have not seen a home in that area with no gate.
Do you live in Weld County? Do you know anyone who works for Anadarko well enough to ask how large the openings are on the 2 tanks the girls were dumped in? Are they large enough for an adult to pass through?

What is the home address? Can't we just google map and see the whole front of the house? It makes no sense that there wouldn't be a front gate.

They could've had a back gate because it looks like the back of their house was butting up against a cul de sac rather than a future back yard. But the back fence looks rather low.

I guess he was out of options with no time to stage and simply left that as an option: That they somehow went or were taken out the back, possibly from the garage through the side door.

It will be interesting to see if that side door was locked.

The home address is 2825 Saratoga Trail. Google doesn't show a street view for me, but the photo on the property assessor's site shows the hinges on the side gate. You can't see the latch, but if you zoom in, it's obvious there is a gate on the left side of the house.

R4040906_001_2013_IMP_1_6-27-2013_1.JPG
Property Data Search

I found this article, not sure if posted or how much relevancy it has, if any;

Energy Pipeline: Setting the standard in oil transportation with high pressure gathering

HVP-EPM-100716.jpg

“This slide, taken from an Anadarko Petroleum presentation in July to the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, shows the evolution of an oil s...“

I agree. If he was enraged and coming after her, she would have known and there would be some scratches/marks/injuries, because she would be fighting for her life.

I don't think he gave her a chance. I think he blindsided her totally.
Certainly not the welcome home a loving Mum and wife would expect. It makes me wonder if CW did not sneak up on SW from behind as soon as she entered the house. Wouldn't it make more sense for CW to kill SW on the main floor level to avoid having to move and/or carry her downstairs from bedroom?

Other than somebody stripped the bedding to the floor, and SW phone found upstairs between couch cushions, is there any evidence that SW was killed upstairs? (i.e., Theory here thus far seems to be that SW was killed in bedroom).

Last edited:
Certainly not the welcome home a loving Mum and wife would expect. It makes me wonder if CW did not sneak up on SW from behind as soon as she entered the house. Wouldn't it make more sense for CW to kill SW on the main floor level to avoid having to move and/or carry her downstairs from bedroom?
Why the messed up bed and missing bottom sheet.

Maybe he got her when she was sleeping

Transcript of interview with CW on the porch

Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

He sounded dreadful in the interview but reading it is even worse.

Interesting in hindsight the mention of the monitor:

“I needed that last night and for them, for nobody to be here last night and to go into their rooms and not, and know that I wasn’t going to turn their rain machines on and know that I wasn’t going to turn their monitor on..”

I wonder how many who have committed family murders confessed to doing it? Do they all try to get away with it?
I think he’s the first but when he was interrogated he was cornered especially with the matching sheet to the bedding found in the trash at the house and the neighbors video footage of him backing into the garage. These detectives press hard in that little room. He then probably asked to speak to his Dad. LE is really good at what they do. I think CW waited until SW and kids were asleep and caught them off guard. That’s why no screams no struggle and no mess. After all she was pregnant, tired, not feeling well and got in at 2am. Her unpacked suitcase was found at the bottom of the stairs along with shoes. I’m sure she went upstairs quietly and crashed maybe had a short conversation with CW then fell asleep. Why would CW ask for a separation at 2am and not later in the day why the rush? I don’t believe his story. I think he waited until SW fell asleep when he strangled her. If the girls weren’t already dead I’m sure they were asleep. Being a mom myself coming in at 2am I would have come in quiet as a mouse as not to wake my kids. All JMO

I think the big question is did she communicate with CW or check on the girls in some capacity during her flight home?
Let's not forget that PHX-DEN flight time is only 1:40 -- very short flight, and that SW was not flying solo as she was with NAU on same flight. Not logical she would be calling home while onboard when it was already midnight, girls asleep, and SW already had a ride from airport. I guess I don't understand where this alleged phone conversation from the plane came from or going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668