Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW's odd use of language in his media interviews has been noted by pretty much everyone (much of it, I imagine, can be accounted for by stress, discomfort talking on camera and consciousness of guilt) but I'm particularly interested in his use/lack of use of personal pronouns when talking about his wife and daughters. This strikes me as extremely unusual and fundamentally dehumanising.

Even though he has a few opportunities to get this right over three separate news interviews (he's noticeably better in the shorter KDVR one), he still seems to slip up and has to repeatedly correct himself from using impersonal pronouns to choosing the appropriate personal pronouns. He constantly switches back and forth between the two pronoun types when he's describing coming back into the empty house.

Does this fit with the theory of him seeing his family as 'things' or possessions, or distancing himself psychologically from them as human beings? I mean, many people find it jarring when an animal is referred to as 'it' if the sex is known (even though that's very common) but referring to people — your own family — as it/nothing/that? Clearly, these are errors, and he wouldn't normally have used such strange pronoun choices when they were alive, but seems like it might be an example of his true feelings leaking out under pressure.

9News interview:
"And it's just like... there's... it's just like... it has vanished. Like, she's not... like, when I got home yesterday, it was like a ghost town. Like, she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. I have no idea, like, where they went."
[Talks about it being earth-shattering, trying to contact Shanann and then conversation with Nickole before returning to house.]
"Got here, got inside and nuh— [appears to correct himself; about to say 'nothing'?] nobody was here, nuh— nothing."

Denver 7 interview:
"And then walked in the house and nothing. It's vanished. Nothing was here [corrects himself], I mean she wasn't... she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. Nobody was here."
[Talks some more about his family/last night.]
"My kids are my life. I mean those... those smiles [not they or even those children] light up my life. And it's just like, I mean, last night like, during... when they usually eat dinner, it was just like, I miss them, like I mean, I miss telling... 'Hey, you gotta eat that or you're not going to get your dessert.' You know, it's just like, 'You're not going to get your snack after.' I miss that [corrects himself] like... I miss them. You know, cuddled up on their couches — they have like a Minnie Mouse and a Sofia couch that they cuddle up on and watch, you know, Bubble Guppies or something. And it's just like [incoherent] it was tearing me apart last night. And I needed that. I needed that last night."

KDVR interview:
"I came home and it was like I walked into a ghost town. Like, everything [corrects himself]... she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. It was just like... they were here and then they were gone."

This is a good point. I noticed this as well in watching the interviews. I think he was subconsciously distancing himself. I don't even think he realized he was doing it. And when he did refer to them, it seemed very phony/forced. IMO

CW's odd use of language in his media interviews has been noted by pretty much everyone (much of it, I imagine, can be accounted for by stress, discomfort talking on camera and consciousness of guilt) but I'm particularly interested in his use/lack of use of personal pronouns when talking about his wife and daughters. This strikes me as extremely unusual and fundamentally dehumanising.

Even though he has a few opportunities to get this right over three separate news interviews (he's noticeably better in the shorter KDVR one), he still seems to slip up and has to repeatedly correct himself from using impersonal pronouns to choosing the appropriate personal pronouns. He constantly switches back and forth between the two pronoun types when he's describing coming back into the empty house.

Does this fit with the theory of him seeing his family as 'things' or possessions, or distancing himself psychologically from them as human beings? I mean, many people find it jarring when an animal is referred to as 'it' if the sex is known (even though that's very common) but referring to people — your own family — as it/nothing/that? Clearly, these are errors, and he wouldn't normally have used such strange pronoun choices when they were alive, but seems like it might be an example of his true feelings leaking out under pressure.

9News interview:
"And it's just like... there's... it's just like... it has vanished. Like, she's not... like, when I got home yesterday, it was like a ghost town. Like, she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. I have no idea, like, where they went."
[Talks about it being earth-shattering, trying to contact Shanann and then conversation with Nickole before returning to house.]
"Got here, got inside and nuh— [appears to correct himself; about to say 'nothing'?] nobody was here, nuh— nothing."

Denver 7 interview:
"And then walked in the house and nothing. It's vanished. Nothing was here [corrects himself], I mean she wasn't... she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. Nobody was here."
"My kids are my life. I mean those... those smiles [not they or even those children] light up my life. And it's just like, I mean, last night like, during... when they usually eat dinner, it was just like, I miss them, like I mean, I miss telling... 'Hey, you gotta eat that or you're not going to get your dessert.' You know, it's just like, 'You're not going to get your snack after.' I miss that [corrects himself] like... I miss them. You know, cuddled up on their couches — they have like a Minnie Mouse and a Sofia couch that they cuddle up on and watch, you know, Bubble Guppies or something. And it's just like [incoherent] it was tearing me apart last night. And I needed that. I needed that last night."

KDVR interview:
"I came home and it was like I walked into a ghost town. Like, everything [corrects himself]... she wasn't here. The kids weren't here. It was just like... they were here and then they were gone."
Chilling. Thank you for taking the time to detail this for us.

Yes, he may not have wanted to draw attention to those items being left behind but he knew he would be asked about them before long. Which could have been why he mentioned the idea that he didn't know "if somebody took her", just to cover all bases. I suppose he could always have suggested later that she left with the kids because she was upset, intending to return, but then at some stage must have met with foul play. Who knows... Doesn't make a whole heap of sense to me.

I don't understand why he said, “If somebody took her” because the house was locked and the front door latched on the inside. CW claimed the security pad for the garage door wasn't working. How very convenient. If the kidnapper and family left via the garage door, they all would have been picked up on the neighbor's security camera.

There were no security cameras at the rear of the house, but it’s hardly feasible that Shanann and both children would have clambered over a fence, if there was one.

I very much doubt she would have left voluntarily with the children because her car was in the garage and the neighbor’s CCTV would only have shown CW's truck driving away. She would never have left the children's medications behind or her phone.

9News interview:

Denver 7 interview:

KDVR interview:
"My kids are my life. I mean those... those smiles [not they or even those children] light up my life.

But not his wife. Telling.

I don't understand why he said, “If somebody took her” because the house was locked and the front door latched on the inside. CW claimed the security pad for the garage door wasn't working. How very convenient. If the kidnapper and family left via the garage door, they all would have been picked up on the neighbor's security camera.

There were no security cameras at the rear of the house, but it’s hardly feasible that Shanann and both children would have clambered over a fence, if there was one.

I very much doubt she would have left voluntarily with the children because her car was in the garage and the neighbor’s CCTV would only have shown CW's truck driving away. She would never have left the children's medications behind or her phone.

More likely that he killed her because she said "Then get the heck out of here!" (ie has girlfriend, wants separation, etc) Not that she was so weepy that she took both kids and left without even having her ID, her car, her Credit cards, etc. Like He's so dumb, like.

.....annnnd purse on the kitchen counter.

Perhaps not to make calls but most airlines now offer inflight wifi. You can purchase a plan for a single day or a subscription for a month. I have a subscription to Gogo and it allows me to surf the net, check email, etc. In addition, several cell phone companies and airlines have inflight texting programs. I have both sent and received texts in the air.

How much does it cost? It is too expensive, I feel , for what you get. You can use your phone when you land. Why would she pay to use her phone on the flight when money may be an issue . If she got home at 2 am, I imagine being PG she would try to sleep on that flight.

She probably would not be trying to talk to customers as in all US time zones, those hours would be way too late

There are way too many links to post and I don't want to go OT, but just Google "inflight texting" or "inflight wifi." There are MANY programs/apps out there that enable this and, in addition, some airlines have their own. Some require subscriptions but others do not. On Delta, for instance, you can text for free.

Really, for free? I fly Delta. Have never seen anything for free. Maybe if a platinum Am Ex Delta cardholder. Although they do have free movies that are pretty good.

I don’t recall a way to charge anything. Is there?

How much does it cost? It is too expensive, I feel , for what you get. You can use your phone when you land. Why would she pay to use her phone on the flight when money may be an issue . If she got home at 2 am, I imagine being PG she would try to sleep on that flight.

She probably would not be trying to talk to customers as in all US time zones, those hours would be way too late

I think the big question is did she communicate with CW or check on the girls in some capacity during her flight home?

i took a cross country flight last month, Jet Blue there, Alaska Air home.. Jet Blue had free WiFi, Alaska Air had it, but you had to pay extra. Couldnt make phone calls, though.
I looked up Delta. Apparently they do have free texting but that would not let her see the monitor.

A one time Wifi is $16.00. That is way too much for me.

Delta In-Flight Wi-Fi : Delta Air Lines

Good Morning,

I’ve been given permission by @Tricia to post this video. I think it does an amazing job of showing the area of the disposal location, the route in and out, and really demonstrates just how remote this location is. The answers to some questions asked upstream and in prior threads are shown in the video, such as if there were other tanks on the way, etc. I hope you guys get a chance to watch it, as I found it quite informative.

Continued

Last edited:
I don't think it is fair to use someone taking a shop class or even their grades as a sign of low intelligence. (I say this as someone who always made high grades and has never taken a vo tech class in my life.) When I taught, several of my brightest students, for whatever reason, did not apply themselves or were simply not interested in subjects, even though they were good at them. I had other kids who tried harder and made better grades but were not exceptionally intelligent. (Not saying they were not bright---they were average but tried harder.)

Anyone who thinks a mechanic is inherently stupid because they didn't go to college or graduate with a 4.0 has never used a very good one.

I think CW is book smart--SW said he learned things a lot quicker than she did--but is arrogant and has no common sense. That's not an anomaly.

My son is a mechanical engineer. He is really incredibly smart in every way. He took an auto mechanic class in high school because he actually does work on every kind of vehicle. Hehad a hard time in the class as it was too slow for him.

Click and Clack on Public radio have Phd’s in something. One brother has died. Their show was the best. They must have started out as mechanics,

Being a mechanic is a back breaking job and I imagine those who can get out of it before they destroy their body.

It is ridiculous to the point of nonsensical. The first thing LE would do was check his alibi. The worksite had security video cameras. Unloading bodies from his truck would be compelling evidence. JMO

Where is the evidence that the work site had video cameras? In this thread someone linked to the detailed security system from the Anadarko website. There is mention of safety features like data monitors and work vehicle GPS in case something goes wrong and they need to get to a location fast. There is no mention of site cameras.

And the photo of the safety center shows what's being monitored on a half dozen or more screens. No photos. It's just data.

Playing devil’s advocate here...

Do all homes in this subdivision have fenced yards? Is it “included”when you buy a home?

So, if there’s no gate, how did the get they get materials in the backyard for the play set? I worked for a large national home builder for many years and personal property, like a playset, could not be installed prior to closing.

If there’s no gate, how did CW get that lawn mower in and out of backyard?
Probably not carrying it up and down the stairs shown to his left and into kitchen thru sliding door? Probably not through the basement and up through the house to garage?

Just wondering...
JMO

This property had a side door from the garage and presumably a gate from the from yard next to the garage, to the side walk or yard.

Play equipment or anything else large would be brought from that front gate or side door from the garage. Gates are typically at least four feet wide.

Does anyone know of a contemporary house with a fenced in backyard that doesn't have a gate leading to the front yard/drive?

In any event, someone posted the floor plans on here. They show the garage side door.

My son is a mechanical engineer. He is really incredibly smart in every way. He took an auto mechanic class in high school because he actually does work on every kind of vehicle. Hehad a hard time in the class as it was too slow for him.

Click and Clack on Public radio have Phd’s in something. One brother has died. Their show was the best. They must have started out as mechanics,

Being a mechanic is a back breaking job and I imagine those who can get out of it before they destroy their body.

Times have changed too and most vehicles have electronic components and computers that requires a whole different mindset for mechanics than years past.

We learned of a devastating family tragedy today in Western Australia. A man is accused of killing his partner Mara Harvey, 42; their three-year-old daughter Charlotte; twin two-year-old girls Alice and Beatrix; and Ms Harvey's mother Beverley Quinn, 74.

'Heaven has gained five new angels'

Why are these tragedies happening with ever-increasing frequency.

I was busy all weekend and I'm behind, so I apologize if this has already been posted. Also hoping it's allowed to be posted. I looked through the rules and didn't see anything prohibiting it. Blacked out the address just in case. But this is an image I looked up on Google maps that shows SW's home. It shows how close the other homes are, and it shows the area behind their back fence. I'm not sure exactly what the layout is like in the back, or where a gate might be. The image isn't that detailed. We could look up the mowing pic from SW's FB.

This is why I feel he did something to keep the noise down. And it's why I think he planned to explain their departure without notice on the back area.

Attachments

• gmaps.jpg
    gmaps.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 89
And where do the kids fit in, why kill them, too? He thought if he only kills CW, he goes straight to jail, but if he kills the kids too, he can set the stage for CW leaving without a trace, never to return. It will be interesting to see what the AP testifies about in court. Did he make any promises to her? Clearly, he wasn’t thinking clearly. We’re all giving him more credit than he deserves.

Just my opinion but I wonder if his hatred of SW is what drove him to do this. She represented all that was wrong in his life (in his mind). Money troubles, another child on the way, her career offering exciting opportunities and on the up whilst he survived day to day doing the same boring mundane things. Did he do this to punish her, did he kill them first so she knew what had happened and then kill her ? I change my mind every day about this case, but right now I think in his twisted mind SW represented all that was wrong in his life and he wanted to hurt her, not just physically but to cause her as much pain as possible.

I was busy all weekend and I'm behind, so I apologize if this has already been posted. Also hoping it's allowed to be posted. I looked through the rules and didn't see anything prohibiting it. Blacked out the address just in case. But this is an image I looked up on Google maps that shows SW's home. It shows how close the other homes are, and it shows the area behind their back fence. I'm not sure exactly what the layout is like in the back, or where a gate might be. The image isn't that detailed. We could look up the mowing pic from SW's FB.

This is why I feel he did something to keep the noise down. And it's why I think he planned to explain their departure without notice on the back area.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/...d_the_couple_s_suburba-m-35_1534559936484.jpg

4F2C562200000578-0-Christopher_is_seen_mowing_the_grass_behind_the_couple_s_suburba-m-35_1534559936484.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beffers101