Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. That makes more sense. I think if anything, not deleting that stuff says that this was not premeditated. Although he simply could have forgotten, or there could have been nothing incriminating to delete in the first place.
Yes, yes, for all the posts wondering what CW could have been doing for hours after he murdered his family, and leaving the house at 5:27am, he was scrubbing his phone of his calls, texts, and messages...jk!

Me too....but in a fight for your life? I believe they would definitely leave scrape/graze marks especially on thinner skin like the neck.
I will report back tomorrow, lol. I just scratched the heck out of my neck for about 30 seconds. No way would they break skin, but there's a little pink. Someone remind me to look at it tomorrow. :p

Last edited:
@mtnlites said:
Perhaps not to make calls but most airlines now offer inflight wifi. You can purchase a plan for a single day or a subscription for a month. I have a subscription to Gogo and it allows me to surf the net, check email, etc. In addition, several cell phone companies and airlines have inflight texting programs. I have both sent and received texts in the air.
Dd you use your own phone or a special airline phone?
Last week on a flight from SEA to BOS, my seat mate talked on the phone for hours using "wifi calling," and his Samsung phone was in airplane mode. It may have also been an international call too but I can attest that it's possible to use phone with airplane wifi.

I believe Shannan was blindsided by Chris & caught completely unaware by him when he attacked and killed her. We've seen her videos and I feel fairly certain that she would have fought like a wildcat to protect her children and herself. The man is as slow as molasses in January & she could have gouged eyeballs, twisted tender spots, screamed like a banshee and kicked his miserable lying butt.

It's a shame that he loves himself and his sexual gratification more than his own children and the woman who carried and birthed them.

I wonder how he can tolerate living with himself and what he has done . But, I'm reminded that he doesn't think like regular, normal everyday humans. He's without a conscience among many other vital missing parts that would have made him a decent father, husband and person.

Kinda scary to imagine many more like him mill about around us everyday.

Another week for Shannan, Bella, Celeste, and Nico's loved ones to go on living and grieving without them.

I believe Shannan was blindsided by Chris & caught completely unaware by him when he attacked and killed her. We've seen her videos and I feel fairly certain that she would have fought like a wildcat to protect her children and herself. The man is as slow as molasses in January & she could have gouged eyeballs, twisted tender spots, screamed like a banshee and kicked his miserable lying butt.

It's a shame that he loves himself and his sexual gratification more than his own children and the woman who carried and birthed them.

I wonder how he can tolerate living with himself and what he has done . But, I'm reminded that he doesn't think like regular, normal everyday humans. He's without a conscience among many other vital missing parts that would have made him a decent father, husband and person.

Kinda scary to imagine many more like him mill about around us everyday.

Another week for Shannan, Bella, Celeste, and Nico's loved ones to go on living and grieving without them.
Yeah, I agree. I definitely think he caught her by surprise.

That’s what is throwing me through a loop here. I’ve believed that this crime came as the result of a heated argument, but if that were the case, I’d expect her to have been able to inflict injury on him.

So there’s a couple possibilities that I can think of:
1. This was premeditated.
2. An argument happened, and he waited until she turned her back, perhaps feeling like the fight was over. Then he struck.

If he is a sociopath, he’s not feeling sorry for the loss of his family. He’s feeling sorry for himself. He’s the victim, somehow.

That’s what is throwing me through a loop here. I’ve believed that this crime came as the result of a heated argument, but if that were the case, I’d expect her to have been able to inflict injury on him.

2. An argument happened, and he waited until she turned her back, perhaps feeling like the fight was over. Then he struck.

If he is a sociopath, he’s not feeling sorry for the loss of his family. He’s feeling sorry for himself. He’s the victim, somehow.
And where do the kids fit in, why kill them, too? He thought if he only kills CW, he goes straight to jail, but if he kills the kids too, he can set the stage for CW leaving without a trace, never to return. It will be interesting to see what the AP testifies about in court. Did he make any promises to her? Clearly, he wasn’t thinking clearly. We’re all giving him more credit than he deserves.

Apparently in certain countries there are essentially two different tracks. Those who do very well academically and who score high on tests, including IQ, are funneled into one track while those who score lowered tend to be funneled into tech programs.

Very different from our country.

I think the first is Jennifer's experience. Right @Jennifer17?
UK has made a lot of progress since the 80's transition from selective to comprehensive school system -- we even allow "home schooling" now!

And where do the kids fit in, why kill them, too? He thought if he only kills CW, he goes straight to jail, but if he kills the kids too, he can set the stage for CW leaving without a trace, never to return. It will be interesting to see what the AP testifies about in court. Did he make any promises to her? Clearly, he wasn’t thinking clearly. We’re all giving him more credit than he deserves.
Yeah. This AP would serve two purposes. Paint this guy as a terrible human being, and offer insight into a possible motive. Especially if promises were made of there being a future between the two.

In the recesses of my mind, I hate to say there's also CW drowning SW in her tub.

Last edited:
He might have a high academic IQ. And while usually you have to be bright to organize or cover up a murder, there are some odd exceptions. The Green River Killer had an IQ of 90 and several task groups could not catch him for years. With this guy, I think he did not think like the most of us. To start with, you kill four members of your household - and think you will easily get away with it? Even if he had the time to hide the bodies, there is no way the police would let him out of their scope. Yet he obviously thought it would be possible.

JMO, CW might have the ability to understand and test well on mechanics, but I'd be very surprised if his intellect extends beyond that.

The grammar he used in his interviews was about the worst I've ever heard. That is minus all of his lies. He's buff and was meticulously groomed in the interviews, so he's obviously tuned into how others view him, but when he opens his mouth and starts talking - OMG. It is a huge contrast to his appearance, IMO.

I suspect that this has worked to his advantage and people have underestimated him, thinking him to be a bit of a dullard who wasn't smart enough to be dangerous. I also suspect his own wife thought the same thing, and was always boosting him up so he felt better about himself.

JMO, my impression of him based on his interviews and the things we know he has done is that he might be lower than average in overall intelligence. That said, JMO, he's very cagey and I think cheating, lying and manipulating others may have carried the day for him. Until now.

All JMO.

This video is why I made the assumption SW's body would not fit into the opening. I'm pretty sure this video does not depict the actual storage tanks that are on the site where CW hid the bodies of his two little girls.

JMO, I definitely think CW planned everything out and given his job, he should have accounted for the size of the opening and whether SW's body would fit. Or one would think.

Perhaps the openings on the tanks on that site are larger than the ones in the video and SW's would fit but for some reason, he was unable to get her body there?

If this turns out to be the case, I can think of two scenarios off the top of my head of why he might not have been able to get SW's body to the tank opening.
One might have been physical exhaustion. Another might be that someone was now within a distance where CW feared they could see him carrying SW's body up the stairs to the tank opening.

IDK! Hopefully one day we will know. It is JMO that SW's grave was something CW intended to be temporary and he planned to come back later because I can't think of one reason why he would want for SW's body to be discovered at that site.

All JMO.
I think you are right. It is important to note that not ALL tanks at a site are for storing crude. Much depends upon the characteristics of the well which can vary even within a few miles. Some will have a tank for the saltwater, some will have a tank for the condensate (the mineral spirits, alcohol, lighter distillates). The ones for water may not have an opening at the top other than maybe a pipe to attach a hose to drain the water. The reason for larger openings on the top of crude tanks and also an opening on the lower side is so that an adult can go into the tank because the crude tanks are very difficult to clean due to the thick, stickiness of the crude. Also, the ladder going down into the tank looked too clean for it to be crude. I was also confused as to why there would be a ladder going into the tank if the opening was too small for someone to enter. Maybe the crude is thinner than the crude in Texas and northern Louisiana. Just wondering. I think that he did not put her in because of the difficulty of climbing that ladder with her body.

Last edited:
They’ll be able to prove that, if that was the case. There won’t be hiding water in the lungs, even with the passage of a few days.

Agree, he did not, and people put up a fight when being drowned.

He caught her unaware.

There is a photo that has been posted here several times. He stands behind her, she is kneeling or something like it, and he holds hands behind her neck. Not obviously, you can gently brush a curl this way, too. But I think this is what happened.

I think you are right. It is important to note that not ALL tanks at a site are for storing crude. Much depends upon the characteristics of the well which can vary even within a few miles. Some will have a tank for the saltwater, some will have a tank for the condensate (the mineral spirits, alcohol, lighter distillates). The ones for water may not have an opening at the top other than maybe a pipe to attach a hose to drain the water. The reason for larger openings on the top of crude tanks and also an opening on the lower side is so that an adult can go into the tank because the crude tanks are very difficult to clean due to the thick, stickiness of the crude. Also, the ladder going down into the tank looked too clean for it to be crude. I was also confused as to why there were be a ladder going into the tank if the opening was to small for someone to enter. Maybe the crude is thinner than the crude in Texas and northern Louisiana. Just wondering. I think that he did not put her in because of the difficulty of climbing that ladder with her body.

Very, very interesting. Thank you!

Agree, he did not, and people put up a fight when being drowned.

He caught her unaware.

There is a photo that has been posted here several times. He stands behind her, she is kneeling or something like it, and he holds hands behind her neck. Not obviously, you can gently brush a curl this way, too. But I think this is what happened.
Definitely a plausible scenario. When you strangle someone, they can lose consciousness within several seconds (no more than 15 if you do it right).

It requires a few minutes of applying pressure in order to kill them, which is the horrific part. He literally had their lives in his hands, and kept on squeezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18