Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree. I have a college degree and served in the Marines (aviation side). The smartest person I’ve ever met was an aircraft mechanic, who never went to college. I have friends who are lawyers, and business executives, and they couldn’t hold a candle to this guy intellectually.
But you will find that everywhere, whether it was lack of opportunity or just being a person who did not want to follow that path.

There is a difference between being of normal intelligence than having an academic high IQ.
You're not wrong, but the American school system doesn't really work this way. It's not accurate to conclude that just because a student in an American high school was in a shop class = they weren't academically gifted. It's not an unreasonable assumption because it's true for many students in those classes, but to just claim that it is automatically the case is incorrect.

You’re right. There is no gate visible back there. Wish she would have videoed the whole fence line but as you say, it appears they are building a home back there so no access. Even though you could easily climb the fence or go under/through it. Maybe they have replaced the estate fence with a 6 ft. privacy fence.
It doesn't look like they altered the back yard fence as shown in this picture. The rear facing fence still has wide slats and I don't see a gate. The side yard abutts onto the neighbors and I don't see a gate there either. Really, with two little girls playing in the backyard most parents would not have a gate in the fence line for their protection and with neighbors beside and in the rear it wouldn't make sense and there is normally no right a way involved legally.
4F2C562200000578-0-Christopher_is_seen_mowing_the_grass_behind_the_couple_s_suburba-m-35_1534559936484.jpg

In Massachusetts we have vocational high schools, where you can learn a trade instead of going the typical route.

I think that's a great idea. We are starting to get those here, but they are limited to the larger cities so far.

For those not familiar with North Carolina...NC is NASCAR country. Taking automotive classes and desiring to work for the racers would definitely not be something most would turn their noses up at. Not just anyone gets hired to work in NASCAR-on the auto end you must be technically skilled and intelligent.

You're not wrong, but the American school system doesn't really work this way. It's not accurate to conclude that just because a student in an American high school was in a shop class = they weren't academically gifted. It's not an unreasonable assumption because it's true for many students in those classes, but to just claim that it is automatically the case is incorrect.

You and I must be soul sisters. We are basically posting the same thing at the same time and have been all evening, ha ha.

She died as a result of the intent to terminate her pregnancy. I think that is where that is headed. Motive is right in the charge.

Right. But it's twofold. He intended to terminate her pregnancy by killing her. Because he didn't want a third child. Or a wife.

So step one: He wanted to terminate the pregnancy.
Step two: He decides to terminate the pregnancy by killing the "host", i.e. his pregnant wife.
Step three: He strangles his wife and thereby ends the life of the fetus in her womb.
Step four: She also dies as a result of murdering her to kill the fetus.

He wanted to kill his baby. And he wanted to kill his wife. He didn't want his family anymore. So he killed his baby by murdering the woman who carried that child.

Because she died as a result of his termination of her pregnancy, which was terminated via killing her, he is guilty of the charge as charged, with the enhancement.

It's circular. But it works just fine for purposes of the charge. A bit awkward but it works.

I just can’t get over CW not having a scratch mark on his body. I’m choosing to believe People Mag who said LE has proof through texts and Internet searches that this was a premeditated. I think he ambushed her. But I could be wrong.

Hmm. That's a good point. If it was an out of the blue thing that happened as a result of a rage-filled argument, she would be awake, aware and likely facing him. She would likely have time to try to defend herself. To either claw at him as he grabbed at her or even to turn as she heard him rush up behind in rage.

It does seem like the lack of injuries on him indicate she was incapacitated quickly which could mean she had no advanced warning.

I don’t read anything into it. That was a very interesting story. I tweeted it myself, and followed it live.

So did I. But to me, in hindsight, the actions of the guy who stole the Bombardier and said he enjoyed the views but did not plan on landing, indicate that he probably did not want to live but wanted, at least before death, to try once flying a real plane. He did not foresee the consequences and complications, but he also was concerned about "not spoling anyone's evening" and tried to cooperate as much as he could and not harm anyone else while still going on with his plan.

The fact that CW tweeted it might mean nothing as too many people did.

That is a good point DexterMorgan, often cheaters can also be jealous of their spouse that they are cheating on and don't want them having the same opportunity for an affair as they themselves are taking.
As for the phones and computers being hacked, do we know how computer and phone savvy CW was to be able to do this to SW devices?

It is very true that cheaters, esp personality disordered ones, will project their own lack of fidelity onto their own victims/partners.

Just a fyi.
The black leatherette couch that this covered doll image was taken on is located on the downstairs couch in the family room adjacent to the kitchen/dining room in SW home. Based on SW video on facebook it shows the black couch set downstairs in that location. I can't post the video as there are two people in the video not related to the case but are clearly team members of SW for Thrive. Also, in other videos on SW facebook page, there appears to be a formal living area as well as the family room on the main floor. I am assuming it is a formal living room on the main floor at the front of the house because there is a front door in the area and the two windows match the exterior front facade. The two rooms both have black couch sets but one is fabric (front of house) and this one is leatherette (rear of house).
0_Chilling-final-photo-Chris-Watts-pregnant-wife-took-of-their-childrens-barbie-doll.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think the fact that he thought he could get away with this, was necessarily because he isn’t very intelligent.

I think that the intellectual side of him was superseded by his arrogance. Those media interviews were nothing if not arrogant. He believed he could pull the wool over our eyes.

Good point.

Just a fyi.
The black leatherette couch that this covered doll image was taken on is located on the downstairs couch in the family room adjacent to the kitchen/dining room in SW home. Based on SW video on facebook it shows the black couch set downstairs in that location. I can't post the video as there are two people in the video not related to the case but are clearly team members of SW for Thrive. Also, in other videos on SW facebook page, there appears to be a formal living area as well as the family room on the main floor. I am assuming it is a formal living room on the main floor because there is a front door in the area. The both have black couch sets but one is fabric and this one is leatherette.
0_Chilling-final-photo-Chris-Watts-pregnant-wife-took-of-their-childrens-barbie-doll.jpg
what are all the comments about covered dolls about? I missed that part of the discussion.

Auto shop was a required class for boys in the 7th grade when I went to school.
The girls had to take Home Economics and learn how to make casseroles while the boys learned how to repair a car.

Chris grew up in NC, a stronghold of NASCAR. He wanted to work for NASCAR. Being a mechanic has nothing to do with having a low or high IQ. It has to do with an ability to trouble shoot
and fix mechanical things. I wish I had that ability.

I've known several mechanics on professional car racing teams that have degrees in Mechanical Engineering.

Hmm. That's a good point. If it was an out of the blue thing that happened as a result of a rage-filled argument, she would be awake, aware and likely facing him. She would likely have time to try to defend herself. To either claw at him as he grabbed at her or even to turn as she heard him rush up behind in rage.

It does seem like the lack of injuries on him indicate she was incapacitated quickly which could mean she had no advanced warning.
Boom!

This is true. My husband took shop classes. He has a very high IQ. Worked his trade job to pay his way through college, and then went and learned a new trade, after graduating from College. He could never sit behind a desk, it would drive him crazy. My friends son went to trade school, and graduated high school making more money than my son who went to college. Both boys are very bright.

I see this a lot in people who try to pick apart my narrative about my son's death. They start off with, "Well did you..." and eventually resort to, "Well I would have..." The fact that we did nothing wrong and that it really was just a freak thing is terrifying to them. After about a year of feeling sorry for myself because the majority of our friends had deserted us, our last remaining buddy finally sat us down and said, "Look, you guys scare everyone. You're beautiful people* in a beautiful house with a beautiful family and you play by the rules. To accept that you all did nothing wrong is to accept that the same could happen to anyone, to them." I think some people might think that about SW. They have to find fault in HER because otherwise it's accepting that bad things truly do happen to good people and some people just aren't ready for that.

*certainly not implying that I am a beautiful person. I didn't edit that comment out because not only was it a direct quote but it is comparable to SW and CW-they were/are attractive people with beautiful kids.

Mtnlites, I'm very sorry for your loss. All the best to you and your family.

Look at these fingernails! Like a tiger!

Attachments

• 36F19D96-B14C-41FB-9378-2298EA6867CE.jpeg
    36F19D96-B14C-41FB-9378-2298EA6867CE.jpeg
    35.3 KB · Views: 53
I think that he has been proven to not be very intelligent. He did not think this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member