Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before CW took down his Twitter (which mainly had sports), here- tweeted a news post about the suicidal baggage guy who stole the plane in Seattle and crashed it.

It may mean nothing, since I tweeted too. I even watched the whole thing live. But it still is interesting in light of the family annihilation.
I don’t read anything into it. That was a very interesting story. I tweeted it myself, and followed it live.

Last edited:
In general, probably not. But if you are good at something technical, and enjoy it, you may be an exception.
Where I live, you choose a stream of subjects and are put in them according to your ability, shop classes would not be viable for people taking more academic subjects. They just would not practically fit in the timetable.

Are people with high academic IQ usually found taking automotive shop classes in high school? Aren't they on to honours courses and stem subjects?
Auto shop was a required class for boys in the 7th grade when I went to school.
The girls had to take Home Economics and learn how to make casseroles while the boys learned how to repair a car.

Chris grew up in NC, a stronghold of NASCAR. He wanted to work for NASCAR. Being a mechanic has nothing to do with having a low or high IQ. It has to do with an ability to trouble shoot
and fix mechanical things. I wish I had that ability.

Last edited:
Before CW took down his Twitter (which mainly had sports), here- tweeted a news post about the suicidal baggage guy who stole the plane in Seattle and crashed it.

It may mean nothing, since I tweeted too. I even watched the whole thing live. But it still is interesting in light of the family annihilation.
Did C.W. admire the actions of the hijacker?

I don't think it is fair to use someone taking a shop class or even their grades as a sign of low intelligence. (I say this as someone who always made high grades and has never taken a vo tech class in my life.) When I taught, several of my brightest students, for whatever reason, did not apply themselves or were simply not interested in subjects, even though they were good at them. I had other kids who tried harder and made better grades but were not exceptionally intelligent. (Not saying they were not bright---they were average but tried harder.)

Anyone who thinks a mechanic is inherently stupid because they didn't go to college or graduate with a 4.0 has never used a very good one.

I think CW is book smart--SW said he learned things a lot quicker than she did--but is arrogant and has no common sense. That's not an anomaly.

Stop.

And lets stop acting like CW gave her the its over ultimatum.

She probably told his asss that and probably also told him Im keeping the house as well. Jmo

People think SW was weak when she was probably more smarter than him.

I agree. JMO, I think SW discovered his secret life and told CW that it was over. I don't think his over-inflated ego and exaggerated self-image could handle her dumping him, and he was not going to allow her to call any of the shots. JMO.

He knew SW had lupus from the start of their relationship and that her ability to carry a child was in question. I'm thinking a man who really, really wants children is going to date and marry a woman who doesn't have this kind of health problem. JMO.

in fact, JMO, he may have wooed SW because he really didn't want kids, but they ended up with two, because that is what she wanted, and I think he was particularly p.o.'d about baby #3.

All JMO.

Are people with high academic IQ usually found taking automotive shop classes in high school? Aren't they on to honours courses and stem subjects?

Not necessarily, not if they don't want to. Those courses are still their choices. Good test scores aren't always a good indication of a person's all-around lifeskills or street smarts, either. And maybe he just liked automotive arts. I got a near perfect score on my college prep test (ACT) and actually graduated high school 2 years early...and I went on to move to Nashville to be a country music singer. Automotive work still takes a specialized skillset-it's not something that any random person can excel at.

I don't think it is fair to use someone taking a shop class or even their grades as a sign of low intelligence. (I say this as someone who always made high grades and has never taken a vo tech class in my life.) When I taught, several of my brightest students, for whatever reason, did not apply themselves or were simply not interested in subjects, even though they were good at them. I had other kids who tried harder and made better grades but were not exceptionally intelligent. (Not saying they were not bright---they were average but tried harder.)

Anyone who thinks a mechanic is inherently stupid because they didn't go to college or graduate with a 4.0 has never used a very good one.

I think CW is book smart--SW said he learned things a lot quicker than she did--but is arrogant and has no common sense. That's not an anomaly.
Except that no one said anything about inherent stupidity.

She might have even said "I know what you are doing", or "I'll ruin your life", or something like this, if she was angry. He might have planned it, or he might have felt that he was cornered by SW, and there was no way out, and started planning. But I am sure that he did not snap, that he had entertained the thought, although how spontaneously everything happened, I am not sure of.

I am wondering if there should be an advise to all women who are suspecting infidelity but have not discussed it with their spouses, or suspecting that husband is gay, not to discuss it one-on-one, but do it in a safe place, such as family therapist's office, and confront the spouse there. Or any other third party, but not at home alone. Seriously.

I wonder if he ever dared to kill the family if he knew that the secret was known to an external source.

I wonder if SW's mistake was, she was trying so hard to portray a happy family, be it because of her sales, or some serious perfectionism, that no one knew what really was going on there, and he thought he could get away with murder.
I agree with you on this. But how do you know if during a heated argument, your husband is going to kill you? We are taught to be assertive not doormats.

I think that what is dangerous is to confront or insult someone who is a narcissist or borderline. It's better to leave when they are at work or out of town.

I completely agree. I have a college degree and served in the Marines (aviation side). The smartest person I’ve ever met was an aircraft mechanic, who never went to college. I have friends who are lawyers, and business executives, and they couldn’t hold a candle to this guy intellectually.

I completely agree. I have a college degree and served in the Marines (aviation side). The smartest person I’ve ever met was an aircraft mechanic, who never went to college. I have friends who are lawyers, and business executives, and they couldn’t hold a candle to this guy intellectually.
I have a master's degree, but my brother who barely made it through high school is a lot smarter than me. LOL

Where I live, you choose a stream of subjects and are put in them according to your ability, shop classes would not be viable for people taking more academic subjects. They just would not practically fit in the timetable.

My husband is from England and it works the same way there. Not in the US public school system, though. All students have the same requirements for graduation, although there are a few exceptions. You don't specialize in anything here, that comes after high school when/if you enter into college or vocational school.

My husband is from England and it works the same way there. Not in the US public school system, though. All students have the same requirements for graduation, although there are a few exceptions. You don't specialize in anything here, that comes after high school when/if you enter into college or vocational school.
In Massachusetts we have vocational high schools, where you can learn a trade instead of going the typical route.

Academic IQ and school achievements may diverge. Also, much depends upon interests and priorities. I would not make any assumptions either way based on the classes he took.

All I can say is that academic IQ is, at least, measurable. Social IQ is a more complicated thing, although much work has been dedicated to this subject. What I think is that his social IQ was definitely not high, specifically because he thought he'd get away with four murders in the house. About academic, I can't be so sure. But I'd like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19