Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are people with high academic IQ usually found taking automotive shop classes in high school? Aren't they on to honours courses and stem subjects?

I don't know what an academic IQ is but people who take automotive classes in high school can go on to honors courses and STEM subjects or do it concurrently. And they can have high IQ's.

In our country automotive is an elective. One of many to choose from. It's not like a whole separate track.

I took wood shop in Jr. High and auto shop in high school.

But you know people who may be technically inclined and great at auto mechanics can also be quite bright. They may not be academics but they can still be super bright and logical.

My cousin is one.

Remember, to be successful they often have to have business acumen which is not easy.

what are all the comments about covered dolls about? I missed that part of the discussion.
This photo was posted on SW facebook page Aug 9th, 2018. SW posted that the girls had done this to the doll and she didn't know what to think about it but posted that comment as though it were funny that the girls would do this. Some on WS have suspected that CW actually did that to the life size doll and not the girls. Apparently SW said it was a plastic mat from a twister game that was used to cover the doll up with.
0_Chilling-final-photo-Chris-Watts-pregnant-wife-took-of-their-childrens-barbie-doll.jpg

I don't know what an academic IQ is but people who take automotive classes in high school can go on to honors courses and STEM subjects or do it concurrently. And they can have high IQ's.

In our country automotive is an elective. One of many to choose from. It's not like a whole separate track.

I took wood shop in Jr. High and auto shop in high school.

But you know people who may be technically inclined and great at auto mechanics can also be quite bright. They may not be academics but they can still be super bright and logical.

My cousin is one.

Remember, to be successful they often have to have business acumen which is not easy.
Oh, and I totally agree with that. My eldest grandson is in his seventh year of university doing his PHD, my youngest grandson has just started an apprenticeship in a trade. Both totally worthy of commendation.

Sept 10 issue says, “police are finding plenty of evidence on bedding, clothes, computers and phones taken from the Watts home. And police are helped by the fact that text messages and search histories were not deleted. “We don’t think that this was a situation where someone just snapped.”

And they obviously do not believe he just snapped based on the charges filed against him. JMO, there is a lot we don't know yet.

Do we have any fake fingernail experts in the house? I’ve cut myself with a plastic knife, and I wouldn’t want a few of those digging into my arms.
If we are referring to SW nails and I would say yes they could do damage to skin if used in defence. The artificial nails are typically acrylic or gel in composition and they are very strong.

No, but there has been the insinuation that he's really not intelligent because he took a shop class.

Apparently in certain countries there are essentially two different tracks. Those who do very well academically and who score high on tests, including IQ, are funneled into one track while those who score lowered tend to be funneled into tech programs.

Very different from our country.

I think the first is Jennifer's experience. Right @Jennifer17?

Right. But it's twofold. He intended to terminate her pregnancy by killing her. Because he didn't want a third child. Or a wife.

So step one: He wanted to terminate the pregnancy.
Step two: He decides to terminate the pregnancy by killing the "host", i.e. his pregnant wife.
Step three: He strangles his wife and thereby ends the life of the fetus in her womb.
Step four: She also dies as a result of murdering her to kill the fetus.

He wanted to kill his baby. And he wanted to kill his wife. He didn't want his family anymore. So he killed his baby by murdering the woman who carried that child.

Because she died as a result of his termination of her pregnancy, which was terminated via killing her, he is guilty of the charge as charged, with the enhancement.

It's circular. But it works just fine for purposes of the charge. A bit awkward but it works.

It's a strangely written law that serves as a loophole to circumvent the abortion issue.

This photo was posted on SW facebook page Aug 9th, 2018. SW posted that the girls had done this to the doll and she didn't know what to think about it but posted that comment as though it were funny that the girls would do this. Some on WS have suspected that CW actually did that to the life size doll and not the girls. Apparently SW said it was a plastic mat from a twister game that was used to cover the doll up with.
0_Chilling-final-photo-Chris-Watts-pregnant-wife-took-of-their-childrens-barbie-doll.jpg
that is NOT normal. WTF???

You're not wrong, but the American school system doesn't really work this way. It's not accurate to conclude that just because a student in an American high school was in a shop class = they weren't academically gifted. It's not an unreasonable assumption because it's true for many students in those classes, but to just claim that it is automatically the case is incorrect.

Could it be just a non-core class? We don't know if he took core classes and what his grades were, do we? We know he played chess, it means, should have been relatively smart.

Also - unrecognized dyslexia (still happens) could squarely place you into shop classes while your IQ might still be pretty high, even gifted in certain areas.

Apparently in certain countries there are essentially two different tracks. Those who do very well academically and who score high on tests, including IQ, are funneled into one track while those who score lowered tend to be funneled into tech programs.

Yes, I hadn't initially realized Jennifer wasn't American, so I think it really is just a difference in cultural expectations. :)

Yes. Not one is any better than the other. Just horses for courses. And support is given to both.

It's a strangely written law that serves as a loophole to circumvent the abortion issue.

Yes. It is. It's also a law that addresses illegal abortions. So if someone decides to make their girlfriend lose her baby, for example, by giving her something or trying to do an abortion himself, and she dies they can go after the person.

If CW ever played like this with the girls (in preparation?), they might have done it to the doll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya